2 hours ago, 1979HDBobcats said:

I see them beating WOS and losing to Gilmer. The only other team that beats Newton on a way to a state championship is Newton beating their self. 

Y u see them beating wos and losing to gilmer they might win or lose both. I remember 2 years ago everybody in the paper pick png to wos before the game I was getting my hair and the barber ask what do I think. I said wos wins 35 - 14 and my my my what was the score wos 35 png 14 ,  keep on doubting wos thinking they can't beat anybody like newton. One thing ur forgetting wos will hit them in the mouth more than anybody they face last year

3 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Y u see them beating wos and losing to gilmer they might win or lose both. I remember 2 years ago everybody in the paper pick png to wos before the game I was getting my hair and the barber ask what do I think. I said wos wins 35 - 14 and my my my what was the score wos 35 png 14 ,  keep on doubting wos thinking they can't beat anybody like newton. One thing ur forgetting wos will hit them in the mouth more than anybody they face last year

Amen.... Newton hasn’t faced a team like WOS since the last time they played WOS.

Wow, WO-S is two divisions higher then Newton, twice as many kids in high school. I assure you, Newton has all the respect for W0-S and Gilmer. Newton playing WO-S is like WO-S playing Aledo and Manvel this year. Let' compare apples to apples. Newton obviously does not have the dept. that the larger schools have. But, don't sell Newton short this year. I think Newton will give a good account of themselves. 

20 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

And I totally agree.and for all them that don't believe. I'm willing to place a bet when that day comes.

2 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

I have already said within this forum recently that the purple beast 16 miles to the east of us plays the 1,3, and 4th ranked teams in 4a d2. And they win at least 2 if not all 3. Newton fans have reserved seating at jerrys world to witness back2back.

Nobody ever said they wasn't going back 

3 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I'm picking Nederland over WO-S.

All these doubters!! When the time comes hopefully I can get a friendly and nothing serious wagers from any of the doubters.w.o toughest game will be Crosby. Ik there defense is suspect.but they can score.as for Newton hopefully they work on a lot of play action against an aggressive defense.and just a thought. if that team Newton played in the sc game had any athletes would we even be having this conversation. 

2 hours ago, dj said:

All these doubters!! When the time comes hopefully I can get a friendly and nothing serious wagers from any of the doubters.w.o toughest game will be Crosby. Ik there defense is suspect.but they can score.as for Newton hopefully they work on a lot of play action against an aggressive defense.and just a thought. if that team Newton played in the sc game had any athletes would we even be having this conversation. 

You mean like the athletes WOS had in 14? Come on man it's all good

11 hours ago, dj said:

Man dont worry wos will do they thing this year and next year ur stangz will be state champions 

17 hours ago, GATA! said:

You mean like the athletes WOS had in 14? Come on man it's all good

16 hours ago, GATA! said:

I was talking abt last year.and if u wanna go there abt w/o 14 .U outta remember a young qb that was supposed to be the jv qb.Had to be thrown in the fire bcz w/o lost there top2 qbs. He took that lost and u outta know how JD career ended.having Newton not even wanting to play.these yung kids know they took an L in the sc game. Fuels the fire.

How about it  CB, how many 5A div. 1 ranked teams have your cardinals scheduled, are you running from them or are you still hanging your head from the 55 points Newton put on your cardinals the last time you played them, and buy the way, the cardinals run from Newton after that donkey stomping.

2 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

How about it  CB, how many 5A div. 1 ranked teams have your cardinals scheduled, are you running from them or are you still hanging your head from the 55 points Newton put on your cardinals the last time you played them, and buy the way, the cardinals run from Newton after that donkey stomping.

Here’s the deal, my friend...I’ll grant you that Newton has a pretty good team returning. But you guys haven’t proven anything other than the fact that last year you blew through the JV playoffs. I can tell that y’all know the title is a joke because all that y’all did was have a link sale and a car wash to buy those kids those plastic state rings... but I digress. 

Newton Fan was on here earlier this summer talking about how the Eagles could have whipped Carthage.... talking about how this is their year to beat the WOS Mustangs who are looking to return to the 4AD2 State Championship game... NOT the 3AD2 game. 

Even if the Eagles stumble into four consecutive title games, they won’t be as impressive as WOS’s run because you guys have been playing in lil’ ol’ 3A D2 against teams from schools that none of us have ever heard of or could even find on a map. 

In short, I have a quote for you. “You ain’t _______, ain’t ever been _______, and your kids ain’t ever gonna be ________..... why? Because you’re from Newton.”