WOSgrad

2018 HOUSTON AUSTIN MUSTANGS

8 posts in this topic

logo.png

2018 FOOTBALL TEAM PREVIEWS

STEPHEN F. AUSTIN MUSTANGS

2017 Record: 7-2 Overall, 7-1 District

2nd Place in 24-5A

Joining Port Arthur Memorial in District 9-5A-I will be the Austin Mustangs, who had a stellar regular season in 2017.  Even better news is that a whopping eighteen starters return from that team to give Robin Kirk a chance to compete in the new district.

Head Coach: Robin Kirk

Offense

10 starters return to the Austin offense in 2018.  Leading the Mustang attack will be junior quarterback Malik Hornsby (24-5A Co-Offensive MVP).  Sophomore running back Micheal Mata (1st team all-district) will lead the Austin rushing attack.  Junior Donald Harper (1st team all-district) will lead the Austin receiver corp which will also include junior wide out DeMarcus Wiser and senior receiver Kyron Hagan.  Senior guard Cephus Brown (1st team all-district) will lead an offensive line which will also feature Josh Lazaro and senior tackle Jordan Tolliver (2nd team all-district).

Defense

8 starters return to the Austin defense in 2018.  Senior defensive ends Lloyd Garner (1st team all-district) and Christian Contreras (2nd team all-district) will lead a defensive line which will also include Jeremiah McClain.  Senior Devin Brown and junior middle linebacker Lloydarius Garner (1st team all-district) will lead the Austin linebacker corp which will also feature DeMarcus Crosby.  Hagan and junior cornerback Gregory Jones will head an Austin secondary which will also feature Acieon Fuller.

Schedule

Aug. 31 - at Houston North Forest (Cowart), 7:00 pm

Sept. 6 - at Houston Westside (Delmar), 7:00 pm

Sept. 13 - at Baytown Sterling, 7:00 pm

Sept. 20 - OPEN

Sept. 27 - Goose Creek Memorial (Barnett), 7:00 pm*

Oct. 5 - at Porter, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 13 - Houston Wisdom (Barnett), 6:00 pm*

Oct. 19 - at Galena Park, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 26 - New Caney (Barnett), 7:00 pm*

Nov. 2 - at Kingwood Park, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 9 - Port Arthur Memorial (Delmar), 7:00 pm*

*-District games

3 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Why what happened?

As I had posted a few weeks back when Dave Campbell Magazine came out I had a discussion about our district on here. Asked why everyone was picking Austin to finish 2nd in the district. Every one was they have a D1 Qb this and that. I said alot of things change since that article was written. Well Their Qb is going to Ft Bend Marshall now.

Alpha Wolf likes this

On 8/3/2018 at 8:56 AM, GCMNation5 said:

As I had posted a few weeks back when Dave Campbell Magazine came out I had a discussion about our district on here. Asked why everyone was picking Austin to finish 2nd in the district. Every one was they have a D1 Qb this and that. I said alot of things change since that article was written. Well Their Qb is going to Ft Bend Marshall now.

Their qb is now their 300lb Defensive tackle from last year

4 hours ago, CHampGP753 said:

Their qb is now their 300lb Defensive tackle from last year

Interesting to say the least. So are they still a top 4 seed in this district?