Port Arthur Memorial stadium closed due to safety

PhatMack19

3 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

Key phrase is:  "possible relocation......". Not a done deal yet

Bureaucrats will get them on this especially since it’s using govt money and involves safety.  I would bet it will take months just to get bids for what could be a simple job.  

7 hours ago, Austin1985 said:
1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

There is some interesting discussion on FB from other local fans not wanting PA to use their stadiums.

33e37eq.jpg

Without even having to look at the discussions you are referring to, I can bet Bulldog Stadium and the Reservation is out of the question.  Money talks, let them use the Thomas Center.  They would have to adjust their 5 games to this but it would be better than playing 10 true road games this year.

Saturday, September 1st vs Deer Park

Friday, September 7th vs Houston Madison

Thursday, September 27th or Saturday, September 29th vs Galena Park

Saturday, October 20th vs Porter

Thursday, November 1st vs Houston Wisdom

Problem solved.

Or they can make Babe Zaharious their home stadium for the year.

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Imo, they could somehow get a makeshift press box on the visitors side for now.  It just sucks because their district is so far away, it would be a huge disservice if those kids have to play their home games on the road.  

Didn't BISD have to do that years ago at Babe Zaharious before the new press box was built there?

16 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

PA doesn’t want to play in Nederland it’s grass field. That’s out the question. They have 3 choices for “home” games  LU, The Rez and the Butch.

4 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Without even having to look at the discussions you are referring to, I can bet Bulldog Stadium and the Reservation is out of the question.  Money talks, let them use the Thomas Center.  They would have to adjust their 5 games to this but it would be better than playing 10 true road games this year.

Problem solved.

4 minutes ago, The Icon said:

No sure why it’s not allowing me to type with those quotes, anyway...

Itll also come down to $$$ for the opening, operation and closing of each facility. Who works concessions and tickets? Will PAM get any cut of either of those? So on and so forth. As well as scheduling with either PNGISD, BISD or LU.

5 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Didn't BISD have to do that years ago at Babe Zaharious before the new press box was built there?

Yes.  I was just talking about that to someone.  They built  a makeshift press box for the remainder of the season after it burned down.  After that, they built a permanent one for the following season...

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

PA doesn’t want to play in Nederland it’s grass field. That’s out the question. They have 3 choices for “home” games  LU, The Rez and the Butch. 

Yea, Nederland has their fair share of issues keeping their field intact without having anyone else put wear and tear on it..

Nederland’s should not even be in discussion per the issues (grass, wear and tear) that we already know. 

I doubt PN-G would want to let PAM into its stadium for home games. 

LU seems like a win for all sides. Good recruiting exposure for Lamar and a chance to make money for a cash strapped athletic department. PA should provide buses for its fans and students to attend these games. 

9 hours ago, bobbymcgee said:

Nederland’s should not even be in discussion per the issues (grass, wear and tear) that we already know. 

I doubt PN-G would want to let PAM into its stadium for home games. 

LU seems like a win for all sides. Good recruiting exposure for Lamar and a chance to make money for a cash strapped athletic department. PA should provide buses for its fans and students to attend these games. 

Yea by using Provost Umphrey stadium, they wouldn't have to alter their schedule like they would if they used the Thomas Center.  

15 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Problem solved.

$$$$ Bisd will work out a deal