Lets Talk district 9-5A-1 Football

14 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I think Port Arthur would be the favorite but its not going to be a cake walk. New Candy and Porter will be tough outs. KPark won't be bad forever.

Throw in PA new coach and the lack of any close road games and they could find themselves in a tie for first place. Lose the coin toss and you're facing Manvel sooner rather than later.

This district will be at least as competitive as their former district. Neither go round was clean and I dont expect anything different here. 

If they play any Saturday road games I'll go check them out. I wish PA all the best.

Manvel is DII.  However, with Friendswood, Hightower, and Angleton in Dist 10 and Hutto and them in the next district, the 1st 2 rounds could be deadly.  But NCISD teams will pose no threat to the Titans

I thought Manvel was bigger. 

It's a rough region.  I would favor Port Arthur to win district but it's not going to be a cakewalk. If Vidor and PNG can sneak up on you, I think the New Caney schools have a shot.

Its hard to go undefeated, especially with a new coach and unfamiliar opponents. Those schools are close by so I'll keep tabs.

Good luck PA!

On 7/12/2018 at 5:27 AM, Austin1985 said:
On 7/11/2018 at 2:41 PM, BearEssentials97 said:

I think Port Arthur would be the favorite but its not going to be a cake walk. New Candy and Porter will be tough outs. KPark won't be bad forever.

Throw in PA new coach and the lack of any close road games and they could find themselves in a tie for first place. Lose the coin toss and you're facing Manvel sooner rather than later.

This district will be at least as competitive as their former district. Neither go round was clean and I dont expect anything different here. 

If they play any Saturday road games I'll go check them out. I wish PA all the best.

Manvel is DII.  However, with Friendswood, Hightower, and Angleton in Dist 10 and Hutto and them in the next district, the 1st 2 rounds could be deadly.  But NCISD teams will pose no threat to the Titans

PAM coach isn't new...been in the system on varsity for a min, so he knows what he's got in his players. Angleton is the real threat in the district.

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

Same district as who? Trinity is in Dallas and Tapps 

I believe he is talking about the QB going from Houston Austin to FB Marshall. I doubt Manvel will contest this.  How do you think Manvel gets all of their good players. 

4 hours ago, CCRed said:

I believe he is talking about the QB going from Houston Austin to FB Marshall. I doubt Manvel will contest this.  How do you think Manvel gets all of their good players. 

Pot calling the kettle black 

5 hours ago, GCMNation5 said:

Same district as who? Trinity is in Dallas and Tapps 

Manvel and Marshall are in the same district