Lets Talk district 9-5A-1 Football

We can all agree its probably PA Memorials to lose. New Caney has a stud in the secondary.  Dont really no much about the other schools.

I have a 2nd year starter on the Oline and a Soph that will hopefully be playing Friday Nights at WR. So i like to hear what the other teams have in regards of who my two will match up against.

7 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

Is that all you have or do you have any thing or info on other schools.

WOS Grad will be releasing his team preview starting tomorrow.  The SETX previews, Dave Campbell's magazine and the other local publication that will be released soon is all you need to get ready for football season. 

PA Memorial will have more competition in their 3 non-district games (Deer Park, Houston Madison & Beaumont United) than their district ones...

5 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

WOS Grad will be releasing his team preview starting tomorrow.  The SETX previews, Dave Campbell's magazine and the other local publication that will be released soon is all you need to get ready for football season. 

PA Memorial will have more competition in their 3 non-district games (Deer Park, Houston Madison & Beaumont United) than their district ones...

I have the Dave Campbell's Magazine.  GCM write up is umm well lets say not very accurate lol..  And apparently plenty of changes can happen between when those write ups happened and now. Just saying. 

37 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

I have the Dave Campbell's Magazine.  GCM write up is umm well lets say not very accurate lol..  And apparently plenty of changes can happen between when those write ups happened and now. Just saying. 

Well most of the information that you say is not accurate came from Coach Jones in the DC magazine.  When WOSGrad releases his write up on the Patriots, guess where most of the information will come from.  Coach Jones.  The magazine editors picked GCM to finish 7th but I say possibly 6th.  What is it that you don' agree with?

10 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

PAM's season will be a sandwich:  Hard non-district, cake in the middle, and getting out of Reg 3 will be nearly impossible

Our defense will carry us but if the offense starts fast, even better......

It's PAM vs. Everybody in this district.....

Nice assessment. I agree that this will probably be a cake walk district for them, PA that is.  

7 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Well most of the information that you say is not accurate came from Coach Jones in the DC magazine.  When WOSGrad releases his write up on the Patriots, guess where most of the information will come from.  Coach Jones.  The magazine editors picked GCM to finish 7th but I say possibly 6th.  What is it that you don' agree with?

I agree where it came from. How long ago did he give that to them lol..

Whats so special about Houston Austin? 

7 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

I agree where it came from. How long ago did he give that to them lol..

Whats so special about Houston Austin? 

I'm guessing in May in order to get the magazine out in July.

I guess because they went 7-2 last year and have a potential FBS QB.

3 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

Do some home work on them and get back with me.. 

No need to, Dave Campbell did that for me.  The Mustangs won 7 games last year, regardless of who they played and DC thinks more of them then he does the Patriots.  I'm just trying to entertain you while I have some free time.  Besides the PA folks, you won't have many people to talk to this year on this forum concerning 9-5A DI.

Like I tell my boys (a Senior and Junior for United) and his teammates, if you don't like the 6th place prediction that Dave Campbell gave you, go out there and prove him/them wrong...

7 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

No need to, Dave Campbell did that for me.  The Mustangs won 7 games last year, regardless of who they played and DC thinks more of them then he does the Patriots.  I'm just trying to entertain you while I have some free time.  Besides the PA folks, you won't have many people to talk to this year on this forum concerning 9-5A DI.

Like I tell my boys (a Senior and Junior for United) and his teammates, if you don't like the 6th place prediction that Dave Campbell gave you, go out there and prove him/them wrong...

Couldn't agree with you more. I have a Jr and Soph. Jr will be a 2nd yr started on the O-line. Soph hoping to make some noise on the WR corps. And like i said we earned the 6th place prediction from previous couple years. 

New Caney will be competitive in every game including PAM who we will play at home this year. This years team will be faster than the last two years. We are breaking in a new QB who played WR last year as a soph. He did well in 7 on 7 (I know that is not the same, and I agree). I have heard a rumor that Dwight may have transferred to a private school. If that's the case then that will hurt. He is a 4/5 star recruit depending on the recruiting service. We will have to replace our linebackers as well. We will still be strong in the secondary.

50 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

New Caney will be competitive in every game including PAM who we will play at home this year. This years team will be faster than the last two years. We are breaking in a new QB who played WR last year as a soph. He did well in 7 on 7 (I know that is not the same, and I agree). I have heard a rumor that Dwight may have transferred to a private school. If that's the case then that will hurt. He is a 4/5 star recruit depending on the recruiting service. We will have to replace our linebackers as well. We will still be strong in the secondary.

I hate to talk about New Caney and the playoff game that got away in 2016...

I think Port Arthur would be the favorite but its not going to be a cake walk. New Candy and Porter will be tough outs. KPark won't be bad forever.

Throw in PA new coach and the lack of any close road games and they could find themselves in a tie for first place. Lose the coin toss and you're facing Manvel sooner rather than later.

This district will be at least as competitive as their former district. Neither go round was clean and I dont expect anything different here. 

If they play any Saturday road games I'll go check them out. I wish PA all the best.