Who are SETX's best returning quarterbacks?

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...and my same rebuttal.  Have you seen them BOTH play?  Do we take into account of the level of competition?  

I have seen both play and am very aware of the immense talent that both young men possess. Just because I pick one over the other doesn’t mean I dismiss the other one completely. I’m close to people in both camps.

Roschon has compiled a substantial amount of accolades: Elite 11, The Opening, various superlatives for District/State/etc. He also received personal phone calls from Urban Meyer, Dabo Swinney and Jimbo Fisher (all of which coached NFL level QBs). 

Ray has competed at the highest level of HSFB - 6A. He’s also played for 2 different OCs in 2 different systems. He has immense talent and has acquired some superlatives as well. It just hasn’t translated to offers yet, and that may have something to do with his recent shoulder surgery.

I think both have great futures ahead of them. But if you’re asking me which one I’d pick, I’d pick Shug.

2 hours ago, The Icon said:

I have seen both play and am very aware of the immense talent that both young men possess. Just because I pick one over the other doesn’t mean I dismiss the other one completely. I’m close to people in both camps.

Roschon has compiled a substantial amount of accolades: Elite 11, The Opening, various superlatives for District/State/etc. He also received personal phone calls from Urban Meyer, Dabo Swinney and Jimbo Fisher (all of which coached NFL level QBs). 

Ray has competed at the highest level of HSFB - 6A. He’s also played for 2 different OCs in 2 different systems. He has immense talent and has acquired some superlatives as well. It just hasn’t translated to offers yet, and that may have something to do with his recent shoulder surgery.

I think both have great futures ahead of them. But if you’re asking me which one I’d pick, I’d pick Shug.

I can respect that.

5 hours ago, The Icon said:

Solid post

I just want em both at UT. Elia is a 4 star athlete when at his best  and a 3 star in his sleep yet they don’t have him with anything. He would be a great athlete pickup that would project to one hell of a wr from what the people I’m close to say.

I always bring him up. I would love for him and Barlow to team up with Shug. Unfortunately Barlow gets more attention out of state and Elia doesn’t seem to be on many radars when he deserves it. I try to ram the idea of both guys though I’m telling ya. Maybe a UT coach will read the forum who knows!

For Elia to be that talented and not have anything, something must be off. People know who he is, both scouts and recruiting news outlets so that isn’t the problem. When I talk to the Texas recruitment coverage guys, they are fully aware. There are 4 and 5 star recruits who have done less.

12 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...and my same rebuttal.  Have you seen them BOTH play?  Do we take into account of the level of competition?  

1 hour ago, Austin1985 said:

The cat from WB.  Big fish in an ocean which is 6A........

This argument is dead.  The only kid that can make an argument is the kid in Crosby. 

Some kids just ball regardless of classification. One of the nations top wr/athletes is from 4a Cuero. Another point is that Darwin Barlow and Tamauzia Brown are 3a and better than anything Port Arthur, Beaumont, and most of MC combined will put out in 2019. Go ahead a debate it. It’s your word against NCAA coaches, scouts, and recruiters. 

Btw wasn’t Lincoln 4a when they won all their basketball championships? Wasn’t Silsbee 4a too when they won. Guess that takes away from what they did since they were medium fish in a medium pond. (See how stupid that is) Guess Stephen Jackson is mad that he couldn’t go against the mega Texas schools before riding his 4a train to the NBA. Earl Thomas too, ole lil school dud.

Roschon is the best in the area and a top dual threat for the 19 class in state. People who get paid to evaluate prospects have seen both for the last two years and it’s over with. 

He deserves a scholarship but Elia doesn’t even have one yet. We all know that Roschon WILL BE a college ball player. 

Its crazy that small town people like y’all who ALWAYS HAVE THE SMALLEST SCHOOLS no matter who y’all play use classification as an crutch knowing that guys are in the NFL from these small schools. 

But I just played and coached football and have a ring for every finger. (See John Curtis) Don’t mind me I’m dumb.

10 hours ago, 503Raised said:

I'm just going to put a name out there for you all to remember. Kam Ladia from PA Memorial.  I've seen some video from spring ball.  Quick release, very strong arm, accurate, and the ball zips from his hand.  Not saying he's better than this or that kid, but he's definitely a kid to keep  on your radar.

Port Arthur already knows about him.  A lot a people have been patiently waiting.  I know old Buddy Garrity is a supporter.  

2 hours ago, CCbigfan said:

Sorry to disappoint you guys but I had a chance to see shug thro the ball in 7 vs 7 and the kid is just not a good passer, he is not a threat when u take his legs away. Very good athlete and competitor but not a true qb. And I’m not hating at all just my opinion. 

The kid is what they call a "gamer".  You cant teach that.  He's special. His competitive spirit is on another level.

On 7/4/2018 at 9:33 AM, CCbigfan said:

Sorry to disappoint you guys but I had a chance to see shug thro the ball in 7 vs 7 and the kid is just not a good passer, he is not a threat when u take his legs away. Very good athlete and competitor but not a true qb. And I’m not hating at all just my opinion. 

Can't throw??? Were you at the Crosby game? Have you seen his highlights?? Sorry to disappoint us? Trust me, Shug does not disappoint.

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

Can't throw??? Were you at the Crosby game? Have you seen his highlights?? Sorry to disappoint us? Trust me, Shug does not disappoint.

Hahaha, Shug only went for 10 TDs in that game.  Guess he had trouble getting the ball down field in that one as well. *cough cough*

2 hours ago, NDNation said:

Im not agreeing with what  CCBigfan has said. I was at the Crosby game last year and the kid can play. Is he a elite ATHLETE we all know that answer. Is he an Elite Passing QB? Yet to be determined.

I think what CC meant to say was the Crobsy Qb is just a better pure passer.

2 hours ago, NDNation said:

I didn’t say he couldn’t throw, hell im fifty I could have made them passes against that defense, I’m talking about reading the defense, and pocket passing. Those kids were running wide open. Howard made 6 nice td passes doing just that. Shug definitely didn’t disappoint me. I’d take him any day.