3AD1 Discussion -

H3llR4z0r

Guest ECBucFan
On 7/18/2018 at 10:57 AM, H3llR4z0r said:

and they just happened to drop down the year they're all seniors. 

So Atlanta just dropped? If so, how did they do last year, and how strong was the district they were in? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

So Atlanta just dropped? If so, how did they do last year, and how strong was the district they were in? Thanks. 

Yea Atlanta dropped this year. We were just a 5-6 team (2-3 in district). District was Spring Hill, Pittsburg, Gladewater, Gilmer, Pleasant-Grove, and Atlanta. Lost to Jasper in the first round of the playoffs. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:02 PM, ECBucFan said:

Seriously? Sorry you are so terrified of just the thought of playing Newton. Develop some courage!

EC should not be afraid to play any 3A school in TX. Remember, it wasn't too long ago we beat Newton back to back. Playing stronger teams makes you stronger. EC has the talent, depth and staff to compete. NOT saying they would win!  Good programs should not curl up in the fetal position when faced with a challenge. Playing Newton now would pay off when facing Franklin, etc. later.  

I'm not terrified to play Newton.  We played them last year and lost 60-17.  It wasn't a very competitive game if you remember.  Not sure what you think would change this year.  EC has 14 starters back which is great.  Newton has 17 starters back.  I believe in playing good teams but you don't get better getting beat down by 40 plus points. EC has a pretty good coaching staff and most folks will agree with that.  They aren't playing Newton for a reason.  EC picked up HJ in their place and that is a good game for EC against a 4A playoff team.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 10:52 AM, PdaddyBball said:

I think it all depends on how the top three fall in that district.  Orangefield, East Chambers, and Woodville will be tough to beat.  A team like Buna can sneak up and beat someone they aren't supposed to as well.  A bad week in district could cause your playoff run to end earlier.  If what you say is correct about Woodville, I think EC will have the more well rounded team to win.  It will be interesting to see how it pans out.  I hope it is like a few years ago when it was competitive to the end with Buna, Kirbyville, and EC.

Doesn't have a clue what he's talking about lol

16 minutes ago, PdaddyBball said:

How so? Those top 3 teams can fall any way. One bad week and they can go from 1 to 3. If you’re thinking that anyone besides OF, woodville ec and Buna will go top four, please tell me who and why? Maybe anahuac over Buna. 

That's why we play the game!!!! Everyone has lost a game that they should not have and change the whole dynamics of the district. It's not over till the fat lady sings. 

1 hour ago, ECFAN#1 said:

That's why we play the game!!!! Everyone has lost a game that they should not have and change the whole dynamics of the district. It's not over till the fat lady sings. 

I’m excited to see this district play out. I still remember when there was that three way tie up until the last week a few years ago. Gotta come out and play. Couple bad drives or an untimely turnover can be the difference. It’ll be interesting.

Guest ECBucFan

On page 19 of last weeks Hometown Press (the local Winnie newspaper) the headlines read "2018 Bucs, DESTINATION ARLINGTON". Here is one excerpt:

This will be one one of the most athletic teams EC has put on the field, with athletes all over. Expect the Bucs to go undefeated in the regular season and make a deep run in the playoffs" 

They are correct. This is also pretty much exactly what I said a few weeks ago, and some here scoffed. Those can disbelieve all they want, but reality will soon set in. With all due respect, this is not 2017, Woodville. This year, EC is going to rip through this district undefeated. I do expect Woodville will be the only team to put up a fight, though. This district will be EC 1, WV 2, and all the rest scrambling for the remaining spots. 

EC has an unstoppable offense that will score on anyone, an almost impenetrable defense, and an elite coaching staff. This years team will be the best EC team in over a decade. Not necessarily predicting a SC, but EC is a legit Top ten team and the Bucs will be playing ball in December this year.

Something that will also help IMO is this region is usually the toughest 3A region overall. I dont think thats the case this year. I saw where Rockdale lost to 4A D2 Giddings who  arent bad but not good.Yoe has been on the downward slope since last season for some odd reason. This may be the year that Woodville or EC makes a solid run in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Something that will also help IMO is this region is usually the toughest 3A region overall. I dont think thats the case this year. I saw where Rockdale lost to 4A D2 Giddings who  arent bad but not good.Yoe has been on the downward slope since last season for some odd reason. This may be the year that Woodville or EC makes a solid run in the playoffs. 

Franklin is looking really really good and cameron is showing signs of the cameron that everyone is used to seeing and rockdale is very young this year