3AD1 Discussion -

H3llR4z0r

19 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

We played the Atlanta Rabbits in playoffs last year. Yes, they have some skilled  players across the board but the Rabbits go as Samples (qb) goes.

It helps when the team we're playing isn't massive, too haha. Samples had to take a beating that game, and he was playing both ways. Y'all had a good squad. Not sure what happened to y'all against Celina. They did have a beast in the middle though. 

Guest ECBucFan
11 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Hmm. Not a lot of 3A talk happening just yet. 

Well, you just said that "everyone is having their best team in a decade this year apparently", too, LOL.

11 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Well, you just said that "everyone is having their best team in a decade this year apparently", too, LOL.

what is the expectation of east chambers football this year within the community? this could be one of the better teams in the last 20+ years from what i have been told?

Guest ECBucFan

I don't want to get into a "war of words" with anyone. Lets just say the drought EC has been in the past few years is OVER. EC will not miss the playoffs, EC will not lose the Rice Bowl this year. EC is poised to make a deep run. I think they win the district, maybe go 9-1, and then cruise easily at least to the third round. After that it would just depend.   

15 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Well it's what I keep hearing on all the forums lol. Everyone is having the best team they've had in years. Crazy how that happens all of a sudden.

Just read on another forum however that Malakoff will be starting a sophomore QB, as their JR starter has moved. That will shake things up a bit. 

2 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

I don't want to get into a "war of words" with anyone. Lets just say the drought EC has been in the past few years is OVER. EC will not miss the playoffs, EC will not lose the Rice Bowl this year. EC is poised to make a deep run. I think they win the district, maybe go 9-1, and then cruise easily at least to the third round. After that it would just depend.   

That would definitely put you up against Franklin, more than likely, in the 3rd round. 

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:57 PM, ECBucFan said:

Until proven differently, that statement is 100% correct. 

With that in mind, this would have been an excellent year for Newton to play EC. Just sayin'. 

Pump your brakes!  EC don't want no part of Newton this year.  Newton has 2 open dates on their schedule for a reason.

Guest ECBucFan
11 hours ago, buchorn2005 said:

Pump your brakes!  EC don't want no part of Newton this year.  Newton has 2 open dates on their schedule for a reason.

Seriously? Sorry you are so terrified of just the thought of playing Newton. Develop some courage!

EC should not be afraid to play any 3A school in TX. Remember, it wasn't too long ago we beat Newton back to back. Playing stronger teams makes you stronger. EC has the talent, depth and staff to compete. NOT saying they would win!  Good programs should not curl up in the fetal position when faced with a challenge. Playing Newton now would pay off when facing Franklin, etc. later.  

Guest ECBucFan
3 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Woodville had Newton scheduled, but had to bump them when the new districts were released and we were placed in yet another large district. Lol

WV-Newton would be a great game. Glad you scheduled the game!

Guest ECBucFan
4 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Are there really a lack of schools that WILL play Newton? I can't imagine actually being afraid of playing someone in your division, or even under. 

I cannot either!

13 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

Newton plays the 1st,3rd and 4th ranked teams in 4ADII the first few weeks of the season. I am saying it now .....Eagles win at least 2 of 3 if not all 3. 

I wish I could go see a couple of these games. Silsbee is returning 4/8 starters. WOS though isn't returning but 3/4. Gilmer is returning 4/5. Gilmer however, is starting a new QB, and I've heard some stories about them looking rough in 7 on 7. 

Who knows though. Gilmer over the last decade and a half, has always managed to field a good team, regardless of who graduates. They'll have something up their sleeve. But they will start (0-1), regardless. 

Guest ECBucFan
16 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

Honestly your "not to long ago" is not even relevant. Going back the past decade to 2008 which includes the two wins u spoke of in 2010  ec 38 newton 28 2011 ec 39 newton 34 (btw the eagles went as far as ec did each year in playoffs).  Newton outscored ec in head to head play 403 to 153. In two games in 2008 it was 96 to 21.  Has not been much / if any progress on closing the gap between ec program and newton's elite program

Two wins are two wins, and they were back to back. You might want to discount it, but I won't. How many other teams can readily say they got the same B2B  wins vs. Newton in that same time period? Not many I bet. Pretty short list.

However you are right. Since then its been down hill. Things are definitely changing now.  The drought is over. This years squad is going to be tuff!  I would rather play Newton or similar than someone like Kountze anytime. Playing the best makes you stronger. JMO.