New district mates PN-G and Crosby ranked in the top 10.

7 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Im not concerned about Nederland. If we tackle, we win. If we don't they win, it will be simple as that. Roschon always has 300 and 5 plus tds. Like you said the concern is overall defense and the O skill positions. The O line will be the best in area.

If Roschon has to run, run, run, that ain't good no matter how effective he is in my opinion.  I don't want to see that. I want to see more development this year as a QB.  Open up the O and let the kid spread the ball around to this new collective of WRs. This year isnt about Roschon, its about everyone else stepping up because that will determine how far the go and who they beat.

Personally I would rather him sit out than have to play rb that throws play action passes all year. Thats just my opinion, I speak for myself. I don't want to see him get hurt because he had to carry the ball 35x in a Nederland game where WE ALREADY MADE the playoffs. He will be in Austin by January and we don't need setbacks.

I would do short passes all year to where Shug don't get hit. I would throw it away if nobody open. The kid has proved himself over and over. Nothing else to prove. I would actually split time between him and the next QB. It would be the "protect Shug" season and I'm not kidding. No more running, and I would sit him against BH! Last sentence is a joke.

52 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I would do short passes all year to where Shug don't get hit. I would throw it away if nobody open. The kid has proved himself over and over. Nothing else to prove. I would actually split time between him and the next QB. It would be the "protect Shug" season and I'm not kidding. No more running, and I would sit him against BH! Last sentence is a joke.

I think that would be the gameplan without knowing anything specific. He definitely wouldn’t want to sit though

10 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

I dont think it us in Shugs bliid to split time with his successor, hes a fierce competitor and will do what he does, i hope the wideouts do step up as you said, but the rbs have to step it up too, Defense still has a lot to prove, thus district will be tough.

Agreed

16 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Im not concerned about Nederland. If we tackle, we win. If we don't they win, it will be simple as that. Roschon always has 300 and 5 plus tds. Like you said the concern is overall defense and the O skill positions. The O line will be the best in area.

If Roschon has to run, run, run, that ain't good no matter how effective he is in my opinion.  I don't want to see that. I want to see more development this year as a QB.  Open up the O and let the kid spread the ball around to this new collective of WRs. This year isnt about Roschon, its about everyone else stepping up because that will determine how far the go and who they beat.

Personally I would rather him sit out than have to play rb that throws play action passes all year. Thats just my opinion, I speak for myself. I don't want to see him get hurt because he had to carry the ball 35x in a Nederland game where WE ALREADY MADE the playoffs. He will be in Austin by January and we don't need setbacks.

Yeah y’all weren’t concerned with Nederland last year and yall took that L and came on this bird all whinnying. Not you but most of the PNG nation. Snug has killed us the past two years. But after what PA did then watching Nederland has the formula to beat them. Load the box and make shug throw it the WRs we’re getting bullied and no separation at all last year. Shug on his feet tho. That’s a whole different story. 

I know y’all talk about yalls defense being the weak link this year I would hate to see them put shug at safety and play qb all game to many hits on the kid with a huge and bright future. I hope the png coaches know that. 

Since our Offensive Line is so strong this year, then other running backs should be able to handle some of the run load, even 4 yards at a time if necessary.  Shug will break out on some long runs.  If the defense stacks the line to stop the run, or rushes Shug to shake him up, they are in trouble.  Any receiver that can run a quick 6-10 yard route will get open.  The short passing game may be our bread & butter this year.  Regardless, I am glad we have the coaching staff in place to make the adjustments needed to get those wins!  PNG IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!

47 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

PNG may have the most highly recruited lineman, but I think overall, Nederland's line will be better.

Execution of blocking schemes on the O-Line far outweighs recruitment of players.  Elevate, concentrate & dominate in

every aspect of your blocking, effort =success.  Just excited for the players that are receiving recruitment attention.:)

7 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Yeah y’all weren’t concerned with Nederland last year and yall took that L and came on this bird all whinnying. Not you but most of the PNG nation. Snug has killed us the past two years. But after what PA did then watching Nederland has the formula to beat them. Load the box and make shug throw it the WRs we’re getting bullied and no separation at all last year. Shug on his feet tho. That’s a whole different story. 

I know y’all talk about yalls defense being the weak link this year I would hate to see them put shug at safety and play qb all game to many hits on the kid with a huge and bright future. I hope the png coaches know that. 

Defineatly felt confident going into the game, new it would be a tough one by the way Ned played PAM. Once again, a loss ,looking back on the game in the first half turnovers and not finishing drives killed us, i think we threw two picks and ned had 1 fumble. We have to clean up our little mental mistakes and we will be alright.

8 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Its all good man. Its something about them bulldogs that PNG has to get out of their heads these last few years. Seem to just find a way to lose it. But I think we will take it back this year. Roschon really wants that rematch. As far as this year, like I said im looking at his development as a qb with his mechanics, processing, and throws mainly.

With the kids being a bit older, the defense should improve somewhat. I think as the season goes on the wr will get better. This is Deslattes's time to make a statement at rb. Its a show us year at many positions. I look forward to seeing this district play out. It will be exciting.

2 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Its all good man. Its something about them bulldogs that PNG has to get out of their heads these last few years. Seem to just find a way to lose it. But I think we will take it back this year. Roschon really wants that rematch. As far as this year, like I said im looking at his development as a qb with his mechanics, processing, and throws mainly.

With the kids being a bit older, the defense should improve somewhat. I think as the season goes on the wr will get better. This is Deslattes's time to make a statement at rb. Its a show us year at many positions. I look forward to seeing this district play out. It will be exciting.

I'd move Deslatte to LB and let him light people up. Surely, PNG can find someone to fill RB position. That would strengthen the defense. But hey what do I know. Lol

You know to be honest, I enjoy reading all these post of wishing, and how and what they need to do to beat my Dogs. All the state hype to players and teams are beautiful. Everyone knows that once the season starts, it's about the Dogs. We welcome the new and will fight it out with the best. The clock is ticking all teams get right.

I wish this site would let me respond to some quotes!!!

On 6/26/2018 at 9:47 AM, Reagan said:

It doesn't matter where PN-G is ranked, Nederland is going to beat them anyway!  Poor lil' Indian boys are going to be disappointed once again!

Yes it is possible. But it is also possible that Nederland loses to PNG, Crosby, Barbers Hill and always a chance Vidor beats them. I guess my point is our new district may end up in many different ways. 

4 hours ago, MAYFIELD said:

You know to be honest, I enjoy reading all these post of wishing, and how and what they need to do to beat my Dogs. All the state hype to players and teams are beautiful. Everyone knows that once the season starts, it's about the Dogs. We welcome the new and will fight it out with the best. The clock is ticking all teams get right.

I wish this site would let me respond to some quotes!!!

Mr Mayfield I hear the dogs have a lot of losses to recover from including a new DC

5 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Nederland should be loaded on offense and will have the best secondary in the area, returning 4.  A lot to replace on the front 7, but with their secondary, it will make filling the holes a little easier.  

Who replaces Latulus and Simmons on offense?

1 hour ago, The Icon said:

Who replaces Latulus and Simmons on offense?

the one kid nicknamed the  flyin Hawaiian he played rb some had pretty big games late in the year. I can’t remember his name I believe he is going to be a junior. Kinda small but lightning fast speed. The skill position players on the offense side of the ball will be on the younger side. 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

the one kid nicknamed the  flyin Hawaiian he played rb some had pretty big games late in the year. I can’t remember his name I believe he is going to be a junior. Kinda small but lightning fast speed. The skill position players on the offense side of the ball will be on the younger side. 

The flyin hawaiian no longer plays football. There are a couple sophmores to be with talent to help contribute on offense. If Ned DB's play offense also they will be one of the toughest to stop in the district, 2 of them returning are 3 year starters at DB/kick/punt return (Lewis 4.6/Hiltz 4.5) have exp. at WR& RB & are very athletic & skilled to do damage to any defense. Another DB ( Roccaforte) plays RB also & runs a 4.4 40. Nederland like most teams just has to figure out the best way to use their best guys in the best positions & avoid injuries to win games. 

On 6/24/2018 at 6:59 PM, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Crosby and PNG are a bit overrated in this list. Did they see these teams last year? Or does realignment mean that much? Iove me some Shug but damn! I'll wait until district starts to see the updated rankings

DCTF loves returning QB's that were productive the year before. 

That's why Crosby and PNG are so highly rated. 

They apparently have this belief that good programs will find players to support their great QB's. 

7 hours ago, KF89 said:

The flyin hawaiian no longer plays football. There are a couple sophmores to be with talent to help contribute on offense. If Ned DB's play offense also they will be one of the toughest to stop in the district, 2 of them returning are 3 year starters at DB/kick/punt return (Lewis 4.6/Hiltz 4.5) have exp. at WR& RB & are very athletic & skilled to do damage to any defense. Another DB ( Roccaforte) plays RB also & runs a 4.4 40. Nederland like most teams just has to figure out the best way to use their best guys in the best positions & avoid injuries to win games. 

.4.4, 4.5, and 4.6. Just questioning this really as that is solid speed.