New district mates PN-G and Crosby ranked in the top 10.

4 hours ago, prepballfan said:

PNG same way. The entire secondary is back and really good 6'4" 250 DE, and new kiddo at linebacker who is said to be a great hitter and takedown guy. We also have Tyler Jackson in the secondary. He is our heavy hitter and he had multiple 60 + INT returns for TDs last season. Our online will be lead by Jaylen Garth who has offers from Alabama, UT, Texas A&M, Razorbacks, Ohio State, and on and on. Our center is being recruited he goes about 272 and Garth is 6'5" and 290, and that leaves us with the young o lineman that the coaches are very high on. We may have the best ling since Bertrand ran for us. WR Wenschel has some wheels. He is fast.We wll be ok. All of our RB are back as well. 

I agree in that The O line will be the best in the area. Hope everything else develops though. Kids have to step up and I hope they do. 

PNG secondary will be shredded by BH WR's. We have multiple 6'4" + guys with speed. The problem will be containing Shug. PNG secondary isn't very good guys, let's be honest. It will be an offensive fireworks show most weeks. We have a move in QB that I think will get the job done. BH will be salty this year. There's going to be a couple of good teams sitting at home come playoff time. I feel sorry for 3rd and 4th place team, getting Manvel or FB Marshall first round sucks.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

PNG secondary will be shredded by BH WR's. We have multiple 6'4" + guys with speed. The problem will be containing Shug. PNG secondary isn't very good guys, let's be honest. It will be an offensive fireworks show most weeks. We have a move in QB that I think will get the job done. BH will be salty this year. There's going to be a couple of good teams sitting at home come playoff time. I feel sorry for 3rd and 4th place team, getting Manvel or FB Marshall first round sucks.

Multiple 6'4 plus Wr's? Where did they come in from? Don't remember seeing that last year lol. Do know they got a move in Qb that's supposed to be decent.

21 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Wow, all these people who's team is not ranked and they have a negative attitude towards the teams that are ranked. How many time have we heard that WO-S is overrated.

purpleeagle, you know how it is.  How many times at this part of the year have you heard, "We've got something for Newton this year"  Yet this happens:

th?id=OIP.78GN1vCZGCM-pgsKHEpYdgHaEp&pid

That being said, based on what Coach Thompson has provided me in preparation for the previews, I'd have to venture that the #1 ranking in 4A, DII given to the Mustangs is based a bit more on a look backwards rather than a look forward and that the #1 ranking is a favor that he could have been done without.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:52 PM, 19NDN73 said:

No. 5 in the state sounds great but I’d really just like to beat Nederland.

If our defense can work out skill positions, & our offense can execute, I'll take a run deep into the playoffs, over a district win against Nederland.  If we have both, that's just bonus extra goodness!!!

14 hours ago, prepballfan said:

PNG same way. The entire secondary is back and really good 6'4" 250 DE, and new kiddo at linebacker who is said to be a great hitter and takedown guy. We also have Tyler Jackson in the secondary. He is our heavy hitter and he had multiple 60 + INT returns for TDs last season. Our online will be lead by Jaylen Garth who has offers from Alabama, UT, Texas A&M, Razorbacks, Ohio State, and on and on. Our center is being recruited he goes about 272 and Garth is 6'5" and 290, and that leaves us with the young o lineman that the coaches are very high on. We may have the best ling since Bertrand ran for us. WR Wenschel has some wheels. He is fast.We wll be ok. All of our RB are back as well. 

So shug's playing all RB positions?  :)

From what I've been told is PNG will need to find some WR's. A lot of missed balls in 7 on 7 and the ball is coming plenty hot from Shug. Says the arm strength keeps getting stronger. Plus they are some small guys. Shug may be running more than he is throwing the ball, This is coming from a source close to the team. 

I don't k ow why I couldn't delete yalls quotes. But, I do look forward to the competition in the new district. This district has overall better offenses. I see shootouts and games to the wire. 

Its crazy man, this high school ride is almost over. I turn my PNG support card in this December lol! It was brief, but fun. Can't wait to see how it ends.

5 hours ago, GCMNation5 said:

Multiple 6'4 plus Wr's? Where did they come in from? Don't remember seeing that last year lol. Do know they got a move in Qb that's supposed to be decent.

6'4" and 6'2" with a couple other good WR's. We have some other surprises. GCM in a different district anyways.

5 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Wow, all these people who's team is not ranked and they have a negative attitude towards the teams that are ranked. How many time have we heard that WO-S is overrated.

Our team isn't ranked, but if you look at PNG the last 4 years, the defense is the weak link. How is that saying something negative about thier ranking? I'll wait and allow you disprove the facts.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, navydawg31 said:

Some people in that community would be content with going 1-9 and that one win being vs Nederland than going 9-1 and making a playoff run and that loss being against Nederland.

Those same people would be content with a new coach that "only" knows how to beat Nederland.  What is their logic?  Common sense people that they are, ...and I use common sense very loosely,  know that there is so much time to be saved by not having to go past district in the playoffs, no traveling for games.  Also, the tens of thousands of dollars the fans won't have to spend on playoff tickets, or t-shirts.  Sure, that makes sense.  No need to make that football playoff money to help out the school, the important thing is that you beat Nederland in football.  (Is this attitude & outlook ridiculous enough for you, or do I need to go on with this foolishness.)  GIVE ME THE PLAYOFFS, THAT IS WHERE PNG SPIRIT LIVES!!!

2 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I don't k ow why I couldn't delete yalls quotes. But, I do look forward to the competition in the new district. This district has overall better offenses. I see shootouts and games to the wire. 

Its crazy man, this high school ride is almost over. I turn my PNG support card in this December lol! It was brief, but fun. Can't wait to see how it ends.

So you won't be hanging around after this football season...

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

6'4" and 6'2" with a couple other good WR's. We have some other surprises. GCM in a different district anyways.

Well now see.. No where near multiple 6'4 plus guys lol. Its all good. Does it matter where GCM is. I'm from BH so yes I still keep up some.

3 hours ago, GCMNation5 said:

Well now see.. No where near multiple 6'4 plus guys lol. Its all good. Does it matter where GCM is. I'm from BH so yes I still keep up some.

I'm sure I can find another one around that tall. Lol What does it matter? The point was PNG will have trouble with our WR's. I don't keep up with GCM, so I don't care what they have or what they do. I'm from PNG, so from time to time I like jacking with the ndn faithful. That's until you call me out on it. I had them going and already got calls from a couple of them. Lol

17 hours ago, png9mon said:

Those same people would be content with a new coach that "only" knows how to beat Nederland.  What is their logic?  Common sense people that they are, ...and I use common sense very loosely,  know that there is so much time to be saved by not having to go past district in the playoffs, no traveling for games.  Also, the tens of thousands of dollars the fans won't have to spend on playoff tickets, or t-shirts.  Sure, that makes sense.  No need to make that football playoff money to help out the school, the important thing is that you beat Nederland in football.  (Is this attitude & outlook ridiculous enough for you, or do I need to go on with this foolishness.)  GIVE ME THE PLAYOFFS, THAT IS WHERE PNG SPIRIT LIVES!!!

good point, but to be fair, PNG hasn't had a coach that "knows how to beat Nederland " in about 25 years.  :)

4 minutes ago, bigdog said:

good point, but to be fair, PNG hasn't had a coach that "knows how to beat Nederland " in about 25 years.  :)

That's ok,  I am 53 years old & have an excellent memory of when we dominated Nederland.  So no worries here!:)

Im sorry but being Ranked #5 is great but i dont put no faith in the rankings. Our defense unless something happened over night that changed is our weak link for the last couple of years. Our wide outs have to step up from what im hearing arent catching  like they should. SHUG will do his thing, i can see alot more running in his future. Although PNG has been producing some aweful good wide outs over the last 10 years. I believe the district will be tough with the change up in districts. As for beating Nederland ,our coach needs to be alil more aggressive and open up the playbook. James Mosely get ahold of me i still owe you a dinner at Wheelhouse ;-)

On 6/22/2018 at 2:31 PM, prepballfan said:

Crosby, PN-G, should make for some great district action. Looking forward to our new district. Congrats Crosby and PNG. PN-G ranked 5th and Crosby ranked 7th

It doesn't matter where PN-G is ranked, Nederland is going to beat them anyway!  Poor lil' Indian boys are going to be disappointed once again!

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

It doesn't matter where PN-G is ranked, Nederland is going to beat them anyway!  Poor lil' Indian boys are going to be disappointed once again!

19 hours ago, png9mon said:

I make my point again.  I'll take the playoff run.  Nederland can have their district win.  Those "so called" poor little Indian Boys will be my blessed Indian Young Men of football, regardless of their overall record.  I have missed 3 PNG football games in my life.  That's over 53 years.  if you go just to watch the Nederland game, & do not care about the rest of the season, PLEASE DO NOT CALL YOURSELF A INDIAN FOOTBALL FAN!

Call yourself a disappointed loser, or a pumped up winner, based upon 1 game during the season. (That is Truly sad!)

PNG PLAYOFF FOOTBALL IS WHERE OUR SPIRIT LIVES!!!

The PNG vs Ned game is hands down best rivalry anywheres, the dogs can talk all they want in the end we still on top in the series with a win streak that stretched almost two decades! Looking forward to week 10 and no watered down field smh lol. Maybe just Maybe Our coach will go all out for once, i have a feeling this could be a playoff factor game for who makes it and who dont. Man cant wait for the end of august to get here!

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

The PNG vs Ned game is hands down best rivalry anywheres, the dogs can talk all they want in the end we still on top in the series with a win streak that stretched almost two decades! Looking forward to week 10 and no watered down field smh lol. Maybe just Maybe Our coach will go all out for once, i have a feeling this could be a playoff factor game for who makes it and who dont. Man cant wait for the end of august to get here!

Im not concerned about Nederland. If we tackle, we win. If we don't they win, it will be simple as that. Roschon always has 300 and 5 plus tds. Like you said the concern is overall defense and the O skill positions. The O line will be the best in area.

If Roschon has to run, run, run, that ain't good no matter how effective he is in my opinion.  I don't want to see that. I want to see more development this year as a QB.  Open up the O and let the kid spread the ball around to this new collective of WRs. This year isnt about Roschon, its about everyone else stepping up because that will determine how far the go and who they beat.

Personally I would rather him sit out than have to play rb that throws play action passes all year. Thats just my opinion, I speak for myself. I don't want to see him get hurt because he had to carry the ball 35x in a Nederland game where WE ALREADY MADE the playoffs. He will be in Austin by January and we don't need setbacks.