Black Student Leaves Left’s Plantation

Hagar

28 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Being called an uncle tom or being called a snowflake.  Some people only see the evil and hypocrisy that they want to see, which is why there are problems.

We can't all be as perfect as you.

I wasn't actually calling them Uncle Toms. I was beating the left to the punch. 

15 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Being called an uncle tom or being called a snowflake.  Some people only see the evil and hypocrisy that they want to see, which is why there are problems.

To paraphrase what Junior said in Platoon, Free your mind, your behind will follow.  IMO that young man has freed his mind when he untethered himself from the Left.  He may go back someday, but it’ll be his decision, not because his brain knows nothing else.  Jmo

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:22 AM, Kountzer said:

What do you think, Kountzer.  Was what that young man did a good thing or a bad thing?  And please don't bring "the end" into the conversation.

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

So only those who chooses to be liberal are brainwashed. And one can only become enlightened when they choose to be a conservative. That’s a very interesting way of thinking. So the republicans are the enlightened ones. Got it.

That would be the way you group it. Personally, I think it comes down to who can see through the crap. Politics is a pull the wool type setting. If one can't use his ability to reason and decide for himself what is logical and what is not, instead of being the rats following the Pied Piper, then he is a lost soul and needs to stand in the Schumer/Pelosi line.

13 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

So only those who chooses to be liberal are brainwashed. And one can only become enlightened when they choose to be a conservative. That’s a very interesting way of thinking. So the republicans are the enlightened ones. Got it.

Here’s the deal.  No demographic group votes for one party as blacks do for democrats.  Many, just because that’s what everyone else does, or like many whites used to say, Well my G’pa was a Dem, my Dad was a Dem, so I’m a Dem.  So it’s encouraging to see a young black man throw off those shackles.  And as I said above, even if he returns to the Dem Party, he does so as a free thinker - not because of peer pressure or, That’s who G’pa voted on.

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

Here’s the deal.  No demographic group votes for one party as blacks do for democrats.  Many, just because that’s what everyone else does, or like many whites used to say, Well my G’pa was a Dem, my Dad was a Dem, so I’m a Dem.  So it’s encouraging to see a young black man throw off those shackles.  And as I said above, even if he returns to the Dem Party, he does so as a free thinker - not because of peer pressure or, That’s who G’pa voted on.

It’s policies that matter to blacks. Blacks were once Republicans. Republicans struggle with blacks and Hispanic voters won’t change until policies change. Simple calling them puppets won’t change that.

5 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

It’s policies that matter to blacks. Blacks were once Republicans. Republicans struggle with blacks and Hispanic voters won’t change until policies change. Simple calling them puppets won’t change that.

What policies do you think need to be changed? Which policies of Republicans turn off the Black voter, and why?

11 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Yes, it is policy and results that matter to blacks.  For too long the Democrat party has relied on the monolithic viewpoint of these folks which was illustrated by none other than Lyndon Johnson when with his aides on Air Force once crowed, "with this welfare, we are gonna have them n*****rs voting for Democrats for the next 200 years!"  Since then, democratic policies have failed minorities which is causing them to gravitate toward Republican policies.  It is the Democrat party that is using identity politics, a tactic that is failing more and more by the day.

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Yes, it is policy and results that matter to blacks.  For too long the Democrat party has relied on the monolithic viewpoint of these folks which was illustrated by none other than Lyndon Johnson when with his aides on Air Force one crowed, "with this welfare, we are gonna have them n*****rs voting for Democrats for the next 200 years!"  Since then, democratic policies have failed minorities which is causing them to gravitate toward Republican policies.  It is the Democrat party that is using identity politics, a tactic that is failing more and more by the day.

Here comes the silence after this post.

10 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

and CURRENT policies have black unemployment at the lowest point in recorded history

11 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I, like many others, don’t understand your point.  What have the Democrats done for blacks in the last 35-40 years?  The black family is being torn apart.  Young blacks kill each other in the big cities by the hundreds.  A large number totally dependent on the Govt.  And until Trump, massive unemployment.  And what have the Dems done?  Give out free cell phones.  Not worth enslaving yourself to our Govt.

14 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I, like many others, don’t understand your point.  What have the Democrats done for blacks in the last 35-40 years?  The black family is being torn apart.  Young blacks kill each other in the big cities by the hundreds.  A large number totally dependent on the Govt.  And until Trump, massive unemployment.  And what have the Dems done?  Give out free cell phones.  Not worth enslaving yourself to our Govt.

I can tell you what they have done.  The have SAID about what they were going to get done.  They have SAID that they are the only ones who "care"  Lots of talk and zero walk.

28 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Dems did n't tear apart the black family.  It was the result of slavery imposed by racist white bigots.

I didn't realize that the authors and contributors to all of the Black/minority urban outreach programs/organizations are racist White bigots. I thought these Democrats were sincere but misguided in their efforts to throw money at the underprivileged in a effort to lend a helping hand. Now I see that they are just captors and overlords of the minority demographic...who can absolutely count on the Black vote to keep them in power.  

4 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Dems did n't tear apart the black family.  It was the result of slavery imposed by racist white bigots.

Boing!  Wrong - In 1965 only 25% of black children were born out of wedlock.  In 2013 it was 72%.  When did the Dems buy the black vote?  LBJ did that in 1964 with the Great Society.  So the black family went from 75% intact in 1965 to 28% intact in 2013.  Surely you should be able to see the Cause & Effect of what the Dems have done.  

This is the hidden content, please

19 hours ago, Englebert said:

What policies do you think need to be changed? Which policies of Republicans turn off the Black voter, and why?

When I say policies im not talking legislation more identity politics.

Crack has been a problem in urban neighborhoods since the 80s 

opioids move into the suburbs and its a national crisis. 

Confederate flag confederate statues.

The refusal to address even the slightest wrong doing of the police.

The constant Chicago reference for only political points. 

The assumption that we’re all welfare recipients that vote democratic to keep food stamps.

The failure to even address us on the political stage. 

I can go on and on.

See the response on here by republicans is why blacks won’t vote republican. Rather than facts I see two users claim lbj welfare reform was what got blacks to the left which is just a lie to belittle the black vote democrats took the black vote from the republicans with fdr decades before lbj early 30s mid 40s Democratic was already approaching 80% with black voters. Lbj got 94% because the civil rights acts he will eventually sign (jfk got him that). 

You can vote lbj who’s for the civil rights act or for Goldwater who opposed it. I’m more at awe it was only 94%.

So I think history has shown that Black will vote will change parties for the side who earns the vote.

the left haven’t earned it as late but the right haven’t even tried .