Memorial vs Silsbee @ PA

I feel like this game wont be as good as most people expect. Not knocking memorial or anything but they lost all their started from last year.. I feel like this is in favor of silsbee, by ALOT. But hey, if this was last year Memorial, I put it in favors of Memorial but its not. 

I will say this.  I know Memorial lost 4 starters,  it they return the young 6'7" big man who started all year and the kids from JV that will move up are exceptionally good.  Had Coleman stayed, I would say they would have been  a good game.  I say Silsbee by 15.  

But things could work out to make things closer.  Will Silsbee football boys still be playing football when this game happens.  A couple of Silsbee's 'dogs' play football.  Also, will Silsbee have any tall kids?  They'll be EXTREMELY small this year with they tallest kids being guards...  

7 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I will say this.  I know Memorial lost 4 starters,  it they return the young 6'7" big man who started all year and the kids from JV that will move up are exceptionally good.  Had Coleman stayed, I would say they would have been  a good game.  I say Silsbee by 15.  

But things could work out to make things closer.  Will Silsbee football boys still be playing football when this game happens.  A couple of Silsbee's 'dogs' play football.  Also, will Silsbee have any tall kids?  They'll be EXTREMELY small this year with they tallest kids being guards...  

I dont think we will really be much smaller than this year.  We really only played seven in the playoffs and Barnes is the only one that we lose from those 7 that was over 6’ and he is only about 6’2 although he played a lot larger.  

3 hours ago, ST413 said:

I dont think we will really be much smaller than this year.  We really only played seven in the playoffs and Barnes is the only one that we lose from those 7 that was over 6’ and he is only about 6’2 although he played a lot larger.  

Barnes was a big factor last year. Listening to games on the net, his named was called during play a lot. He got tons of rebounds. 

On 6/18/2018 at 3:41 AM, ST413 said:

We all know K Boogie played above the rim.  So he was the exception...

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

If Adams and McCain come back about 6'5, along with Chris Martin still has some growing, they will be fine on size. Tyler is about 5'10 and Bush is 5'7. 

Nah.  I think Adams and McCain  have both topped off already... But again, they're both guards  and will spend majority their time on the perimeter...

Adams & McCain showed me something in that championship game against Carter.  They were both going inside, hitting the boards and playing defense.  They did what they had to do to win that game.  Along with Martin, Bray Bush, Langdon, the whole team.

Gonna miss Kalon Barnes, as I've already stated.  I think Silsbee could take some Ls during the tournaments then put it all together for another run.  They could really use some height, but then they were short last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.   Can't let that stop anything.  Thankful for the height they do have in Adams & McCain.  Height that can play inside and outside.  Hopefully it is enough for a 3 peat.

5 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Adams & McCain showed me something in that championship game against Carter.  They were both going inside, hitting the boards and playing defense.  They did what they had to do to win that game.  Along with Martin, Bray Bush, Langdon, the whole team.

Gonna miss Kalon Barnes, as I've already stated.  I think Silsbee could take some Ls during the tournaments then put it all together for another run.  They could really use some height, but then they were short last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.   Can't let that stop anything.  Thankful for the height they do have in Adams & McCain.  Height that can play inside and outside.  Hopefully it is enough for a 3 peat.

Yes, you're right. McCain was 'Eating' down low.  And you're right.  It benefited in that game vs. Carter because they had no answer for him down there.  But against teams with bigger front lines, the tall guards will benefit in the perimeter because they'll always have the advantage.  

I'm sure big 3, aka the best back court in the state, will make up for the overall lack of size once again when it matters during playoff time...

We will most likely start what are truly 5 guards.  I would expect it to be of course McCain, Adams, Bush, Tyler and Martin.  So to fill in down low it almost has to be McCain with his build and then probably Martin.  The big benefit to that is then offensively you can pull anyone outside and get them the ball and let them work.  You don’t have to worry about a “big” man that can’t handle the ball.  And on the 4A level there won’t be a lot of teams with good size down low.  By that I mean with the size and ability.

There's a kid who works out at the local gym here that has to be at least 6`6. Damn shame you probably ain't gonna see him on the basketball court.

I see kids taller than me (a little under 6`2) all the time when I'm out and about town. That's what ticks me off about Silsbee lol. It's not like the town has a height problem. It's just that height ain't going to the basketball court. Maybe that'll change one day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...