Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bullets13

2018 World Cup

14 posts in this topic

I’m having a hard time getting real worked up for this World Cup with the USA not in it, but I’m sure I’ll still watch every game.

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I’m having a hard time getting real worked up for this World Cup with the USA not in it, but I’m sure I’ll still watch every game.

Same here on both counts.

Actually, I really enjoy the matches that the US are not in as I am not getting irritated with the American play so this might be more enjoyable for me as they will not be in any of the matches.

Germany does not look like Germany, right now. 

I have seen most every game so far. 

IMO: over achievers are:  Iceland, Croatia, Iran

Under achievers are:  Germany, Nigeria, Argentina

Very early favorite to win the WC: Belgium. Looking very strong.  

Argentina embarrassed by Croatia 3-0.  Their tournament is almost done.  They need some help.  

Messi with another bad game while Ronaldo is winning games by himself.  

Germany is DONE. Like I said, Germany is not Germany this year. No Schirrle, Goetze, Schweinstiger, etc. (SP = guess). 

Due to some weird results, the two sides of the bracket are completely uneven. One side of the bracket somehow has Uruguay, Portugal, Brazil, France, Mexico, Japan, Argentina, and the winner of England/Belgium. The other side of the bracket only has Russia, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Croatia, Switzerland, Colombia, and the loser of England/Belgium. I can’t remember a World Cup where pretty much every favorite ended up on the same side in the knockouts.  If Belgium ends up on the hard side of the bracket, which it seems like they’re trying to avoid, it will be even tougher over there.