US and North Korea meet.

POTUS and Kim are meeting in Singapore.  I'm cautiously optimistic.  I'm not exactly thrilled with the way he got here (name calling, threats of nuclear war), but we're talking.

I hope that Trump has studied. Kim has been preparing for this day his whole life.  And in a way NK has a minor victory because we are meeting with them as if we're equals, even though that's not the case.

Best case. We set up more meetings with real diplomats.  We get NK to give us a list of sites. They allow us to go in and completely render the mountain impassable and contain all the radiation. We open up trade and they let their people cross the border.

Thoughts?

My opinion is that we got here because Trump bowed up to a wanna-be bully and Kim cowered. More clearly, Kim is convinced that Trump is someone serious that will back up his talk. I'm in total agreement with you about being cautiously optimistic. I'm very cautious, but very hopeful. I would not be surprised at all if talks fall through. I'm still not convinced that Kim is not playing the historical worn out game, but I'm fairly confident Trump will not get played like all of the others. (And I mean "fairly" in the weakest way possible.) Trump is a businessman and is used to games like this, but the allure of notoriety can corrupt the best of them. I think Kim's decision will be predicated on how he perceives the strength and conviction of his allies/protectors, mainly China.

He did bully his way to this meeting.  Ill give him credit for that. For NK its about respect on the world stage. Last week he was meeting with Syria and Russia to show he's not going to bow down to us. We have to be careful and convince him that being our friend is better than being China's puppet. 

If talks faik, I don't think they can hit us with a nuke. Those are probably destroyed when the created an earthquake that crushed their facility and mountain.

But they got a ton of artlillary. They would kill thousands in Seoul within hours.

38 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

He did bully his way to this meeting.  Ill give him credit for that. For NK its about respect on the world stage. Last week he was meeting with Syria and Russia to show he's not going to bow down to us. We have to be careful and convince him that being our friend is better than being China's puppet. 

If talks faik, I don't think they can hit us with a nuke. Those are probably destroyed when the created an earthquake that crushed their facility and mountain.

But they got a ton of artlillary. They would kill thousands in Seoul within hours.

The military capabilities of each is something we know absolutely nothing about. But they know, which is probably why Kim cowered.

Signing agreements is nothing more than politics, living up to them is what counts. All we can do is monitor Un and keep him honest. That last word was difficult to type. I don't agree with allowing the crossing of the border as I feel Kim could somehow take the south without firing a shot, but hey, that,s just me. I trust a dictator ot communist no further than I can chunk them.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

Kim Un played Trump like a violin.

Is this another example of your blinding, debilitating hate or can you enlighten us on the rationale of your expert diagnosis? I'm very anxious to diagnose your diagnosis. Sorry that the sarcasm is so obvious, but I'm tired and don't feel like sugar-coating the bait.

8 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Kim Un played Trump like a violin.

If he played him like a violin, how is it that we got three hostages freed prior to the Summit?  Played like a violin?- can you go a little deeper into that inference because all it sounds like right now is that you have watched MSNBC/CBS?ABC in a large volume.

19 minutes ago, stevenash said:

If he played him like a violin, how is it that we got three hostages freed prior to the Summit?  Played like a violin?- can you go a little deeper into that inference because all it sounds like right now is that you have watched MSNBC/CBS?ABC in a large volume.

These liberal nut jobs can't stand the fact Trump doesn't run scared from the likes of Putin and Un.  obama was a scared little bit@# when it came to dealing with these people.  The line in the sand is all you need to look at when it comes to obama's backbone.  He'll dang sure turn over millions of dollars to his muslim brotherhood though.

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

These liberal nut jobs can't stand the fact Trump doesn't run scared from the likes of Putin and Un.  obama was a scared little bit@# when it came to dealing with these people.  The line in the sand is all you need to look at when it comes to obama's backbone.  He'll dang sure turn over millions of dollars to his muslim brotherhood though.

This is it in a nutshell...the libs hate that Obama was a poor negotiator but hate even more that Trump is making progress.

I truly believe many on the left would love to see these negotiations fail so they can say "told you so", simply because it's Trump.

If you don't believe me, watch CNN, MSNBC...anyone but Fox...the meltdown from success is in full gear.

What a sad existence.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:01 PM, Englebert said:

My opinion is that we got here because Trump bowed up to a wanna-be bully and Kim cowered. More clearly, Kim is convinced that Trump is someone serious that will back up his talk. I'm in total agreement with you about being cautiously optimistic. I'm very cautious, but very hopeful. I would not be surprised at all if talks fall through. I'm still not convinced that Kim is not playing the historical worn out game, but I'm fairly confident Trump will not get played like all of the others. (And I mean "fairly" in the weakest way possible.) Trump is a businessman and is used to games like this, but the allure of notoriety can corrupt the best of them. I think Kim's decision will be predicated on how he perceives the strength and conviction of his allies/protectors, mainly China.

Trump and Kim are best friends now. Trump declares N.K. is no longer a nuclear threat! We can all rest easy now.

5 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Run scared? Really? Trump praises Russia and N.K. and divide some of our traditional allies.

5 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Trump and Kim are best friends now. Trump declares N.K. is no longer a nuclear threat! We can all rest easy now.

All you see is the way they want it presented. Behind closed doors, an agreement was reached. What was said and how it was said, you and I will never know. I'd bet the house there weren't any please and thank yous said.

6 hours ago, stevenash said:

Trump praises Kim and says US media is America's WORST enemy. Hmmm! 

Dove, speaking of worst enemies- can you explain this?  In presidential debates between Romney and Obama, Romney declares Russia as the single biggest geo-political danger and is IMMEDIATELY scoffed at by Candy Croley and President Obama.  And now, who does the left believe is the biggest threat?   Yep, Russia . Does that mean Mr. Obama simply was not as refined, educated, and sophisticated as portrayed or did Romney understand the global situation better?  Wait, I am trying to anticipate.  Mr. Obamas position on Russia has "evolved" just as it did on gay marriage?  Mr. Obama knew of Russia attempts to influence the election and bragged that he told Putin to "cut it out".  Was that an adequate response?  Of course not, but since he "knew"( along with Nate Silver and most every polster) Hillary was going to win, he couldn't very well proceed with the assertion that misdeeds were taking place.