Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WOSgrad

2018 UNITED TIMBERWOLVES

38 posts in this topic

They don’t need to watch Remember the Titans, just go back and see West Brooks films of their first year.  But imo, there aren’t that many Alex Durleys around.  And for those that don’t know, the Bruins struggled the first few games before winning the SC that first year.

BMTSoulja1, Alpha Wolf and outanup like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

The maroon helmet with gold facemask and the growling wolf is the sticker...

mind emailing me a pic

echomarine1995@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, REBgp said:

They don’t need to watch Remember the Titans, just go back and see West Brooks films of their first year.  But imo, there aren’t that many Alex Durleys around.  And for those that don’t know, the Bruins struggled the first few games before winning the SC that first year.

Like I told someone earlier today, I feel pretty good about both sides of the ball.  I'm not going to say we are going to win state or even win district but I feel they will be competitive in every game and I think they get in at least the 4 spot.
 

Hagar likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2018 at 6:41 AM, Alpha Wolf said:

I'm only going to address one of your items, the rest is not worth the time and YOU will just have to wait and see.  Most of these kids already knew each other before this merger whether it be through youth sports, middle school, church, family, etc.  I know what I've seen during the 7 on 7 practices earlier this summer and it was anything but what you are talking about.  I know what I've seen at the summer conditioning and it is anything but what you are talking about.  Coach Louis has come in and taken charge along with his other staff and these kids are buying in.  You can't tell which boys are from Central and which ones are from Ozen, they are together and just want to win.  Not saying they are looking ahead but you best believe the October 5th game is circled on their calendars.  These boys know that they are now on a level playing field.  Maybe that didn't happen so fast in PA but in my opinion, its going well at United.  The only kids that will be problems at United are the ones that were problems at Central and Ozen and the ones that are not involved in any extracurricular activities.    

See y'all September 15th... 

 

all i have to say is when they not winning and go on a losing streak, all the buddy  buddy stuff will go out the window...wouldn't be surprised if the adults blamed the former schools.

 

KF89 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
United has the athletes,can the coaches get them to play to their potential and come togther is the question. Everybody should remember WB and their first season. Lost the first four or five games of the year and then shocked the world by winning the state championship. United is a dark horse until they have played a few games.

 

Alpha Wolf likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never really been around a 6A program so I don't have anything to compare the numbers to, but I do know, not including the freshman (they are practicing in a different area) we were over 120 yesterday between Varsity and JV and expecting that number to gradually climb up until the start of school.  We will have a Varsity, JV and Freshman A & B at least.  No word yet if they are going to have a sophomore team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I've never really been around a 6A program so I don't have anything to compare the numbers to, but I do know, not including the freshman (they are practicing in a different area) we were over 120 yesterday between Varsity and JV and expecting that number to gradually climb up until the start of school.  We will have a Varsity, JV and Freshman A & B at least.  No word yet if they are going to have a sophomore team.

do any of the other 6A schools have a sophomore team?   I know way back in the day (lol)   the local 4a (now 5a ) teams had sophomore teams but I don't think any of them have had that in a long while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bigdog said:

do any of the other 6A schools have a sophomore team?   I know way back in the day (lol)   the local 4a (now 5a ) teams had sophomore teams but I don't think any of them have had that in a long while.

I know North Shore and Deer Park do, not sure about all the others in our district.  I doubt that we will have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2018 at 10:09 AM, Alpha Wolf said:

I can respect that but the worse I see them after the 1st 3 games is 1-2.  I just don't see them loosing to Nederland even in Nederland.  And not getting PA in week 1 will bode well for the team and staff.  St. Pius, well...

Hmm...

outanup likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0