WOSgrad

2018 UNITED TIMBERWOLVES

38 posts in this topic

logo.png

2018 FOOTBALL TEAM PREVIEWS

BEAUMONT UNITED TIMBERWOLVES

2017 Record: None

New School

Hurricane Harvey devastated virtually every corner of Southeast Texas.  However, it had a particular effect on the structure on the Beaumont ISD as it's damage to Central High School forced its closure and merger with Clifton J. Ozen High School.  The phoenix that rose was the newly formed United High School.  Of course, with school mergers comes the challenges of also merging rosters and staffs.  In order to accomplish this thorny task, Beaumont ISD needed to turn to a strong figure with a lot of equity in Beaumont.  They found that man in former Ozen head coach Arthur Louis.  While many would be squimish about the challenges of a new school, Louis and his staff have embraced them, looking forward to the task of blending the rosters of two schools together.  Of course, the fact that the two rosters he has to choose from featured a plethora of talent makes the task even more exciting.  Talented Panthers and Jaquars look to become talented Timberwolves and lead them into contention in the very tough 21-6A.

Head Coach: Arthur Louis

Assistant Coaches: Ed Taylor (Offensive Coordinator), Kirby Jones (Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers), Malcolm Frank (Co-Defensive Coordinator/Secondary), Andre Bevil (Quarterbacks), Caleb Ceasar (Wide Receivers), Galen Douglas (Running backs), Kevin Thomas (Linebackers), Kevin Dotson (Defensive Line)

Offense

The Timberwolf offense will reveal a Pro Style look in 2018.  The trigger man looks to be quarterback Xzavier Vaughn.  Senior Isaiah Jackson and junior James Wilson will carry the rushing load for United.  Seniors Zachary Vaughn (2nd team all-district in 2018) and Harrison Seals will lead the Timberwolves' receiver corp with junior tight ends Jalen Weaver and Devin Hunt also contributing.  The senior laden offensive line will be lead by senior center Jamal Edwards with junior tackle Terrance Jackson and senior tackles Josh McKenzie and Dre'Qwann Jacobs also being featured.

Defense

Senior linebacker Robert Thibodeaux will lead the Timberwolve's front seven along with linebackers Christian Relford and Calvin Williams.  Hunt will anchor a United secondary which will also feature senior safety Brandarius Howard (1st team all-district), as well as defensive backs Jalen Wells and Shannon Spencer.

Special Teams

Special teams positions will be finalized during fall practice.

Schedule

Aug. 31 - Houston St. Pius X, 7:00 pm

Sept. 7 - at Nederland, 7:00 pm

Sept. 15 - Port Arthur Memorial, 7:00 pm

Sept. 21 - OPEN

Sept. 28 - Baytown Sterling, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 5 - at Beaumont West Brook, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 12 - Houston C.E. King, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 18 - Channelview, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 26 - at La Porte, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 3 - Galena Park North Shore, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 9 - at Deer Park, 7:00 pm*

*-District games

Pretty good write up.  As Danny said in his article yesterday on defensive lineman, Desmond Little will anchor that part of the defense and Tyrone Brown (BE Top 40 Recruits) who is back will more than likely take a safety spot which will move Howard to CB.  There is plenty of depth all over the field.   

It may be my maroon and gold glasses that I'm looking through but I see no reason why this team doesn't make the playoffs this year...

On 7/11/2018 at 9:24 AM, Alpha Wolf said:

Pretty good write up.  As Danny said in his article yesterday on defensive lineman, Desmond Little will anchor that part of the defense and Tyrone Brown (BE Top 40 Recruits) who is back will more than likely take a safety spot which will move Howard to CB.  There is plenty of depth all over the field.   

It may be my maroon and gold glasses that I'm looking through but I see no reason why this team doesn't make the playoffs this year...

not trolling ya, but i see four reasons they won't make the playoffs...West Brook, North Shore, Laporte, and Deer Park...now you will see what PAM had to deal with for YEARS.

KF89 and navydawg31 like this

8 hours ago, pakronos said:

not trolling ya, but i see four reasons they won't make the playoffs...West Brook, North Shore, Laporte, and Deer Park...now you will see what PAM had to deal with for YEARS.

At about 10 pm on Friday, November 9th, holla at me...

18 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Deer Park has a new coach.  I see losses to Brook and NS,  and the LaPorte game will be tough,  but I see them beating everyone else...

Dang, I hope you are right Brotha

BMTSoulja1 likes this

keep in mind people, these are the SAME "athletes" that was getting pushed around BY EVERYONE LAST YEAR. if you have a hand full of clowns, you have a small circus...if you combine alot of clowns, you have a bigger circus. i'm not calling the kids clowns, BUT having 2-5 outstanding players doesn't equal to beating laporte or deerpark...especially with a first year coach, regardless of him coaching in bmt before. maybe next year they will be good enough to grab the 4th spot or with some help the 3rd...NOT THIS YEAR. forgot to mention REGARDLESS WHAT THE FANS SAY, these kids still don't like each other and probably will realize by mid to late season to trust and believe in each other...coach better roll remember the titans for them...and  i mean BOTH Titans...Denzel's Team and PAM

KF89 likes this

18 minutes ago, pakronos said:

keep in mind people, these are the SAME "athletes" that was getting pushed around BY EVERYONE LAST YEAR. if you have a hand full of clowns, you have a small circus...if you combine alot of clowns, you have a bigger circus. i'm not calling the kids clowns, BUT having 2-5 outstanding players doesn't equal to beating laporte or deerpark...especially with a first year coach, regardless of him coaching in bmt before. maybe next year they will be good enough to grab the 4th spot or with some help the 3rd...NOT THIS YEAR. forgot to mention REGARDLESS WHAT THE FANS SAY, these kids still don't like each other and probably will realize by mid to late season to trust and believe in each other...coach better roll remember the titans for them...and  i mean BOTH Titans...Denzel's Team and PAM

I wouldn't say they got mashed by everyone (central). They beat like 5 district teams on the field. And Ozen was EXTREMELY young last year,  it had some players that still did some good things.  

....and the United coach, IF the game haven't passed him by, is a good one and will have them in a position to win. 

The problem definitely won't be with the kids.  I see them practicing together and interacting with each other every day. 

Gotta get some accurate information, Brother.  But you'll see week 3 though. Nachos on me.  Lol

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I wouldn't say they got mashed by everyone (central). They beat like 5 district teams on the field. And Ozen was EXTREMELY young last year,  it had some players that still did some good things.  

....and the United coach, IF the game haven't passed him by, is a good one and will have them in a position to win. 

The problem definitely won't be with the kids.  I see them practicing together and interacting with each other every day. 

Gotta get some accurate information, Brother.  But you'll see week 3 though. Nachos on me.  Lol

list the teams central beat and thats why BUT's won't see the playoffs this year. combined with the young ozen players that wasn't coached up...NEXT YEAR.

Central beat Nederland, Ozen, Lumberton, Livingston, and Lee on the field and barely missed out of the playoffs.  They didn't play non district because of Harvey...

But I agree, the young Ozen talent wasn't coached up,  but I can assure you they'll be coached up for United under Louis....

10 hours ago, pakronos said:

I'm only going to address one of your items, the rest is not worth the time and YOU will just have to wait and see.  Most of these kids already knew each other before this merger whether it be through youth sports, middle school, church, family, etc.  I know what I've seen during the 7 on 7 practices earlier this summer and it was anything but what you are talking about.  I know what I've seen at the summer conditioning and it is anything but what you are talking about.  Coach Louis has come in and taken charge along with his other staff and these kids are buying in.  You can't tell which boys are from Central and which ones are from Ozen, they are together and just want to win.  Not saying they are looking ahead but you best believe the October 5th game is circled on their calendars.  These boys know that they are now on a level playing field.  Maybe that didn't happen so fast in PA but in my opinion, its going well at United.  The only kids that will be problems at United are the ones that were problems at Central and Ozen and the ones that are not involved in any extracurricular activities.    

See y'all September 15th... 

5 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I'm only going to address one of your items, the rest is not worth the time and YOU will just have to wait and see.  Most of these kids already knew each other before this merger whether it be through youth sports, middle school, church, family, etc.  I know what I've seen during the 7 on 7 practices earlier this summer and it was anything but what you are talking about.  I know what I've seen at the summer conditioning and it is anything but what you are talking about.  Coach Louis has come in and taken charge along with his other staff and these kids are buying in.  You can't tell which boys are from Central and which ones are from Ozen, they are together and just want to win.  Not saying they are looking ahead but you best believe the October 5th game is circled on their calendars.  These boys know that they are now on a level playing field.  Maybe that didn't happen so fast in PA but in my opinion, its going well at United.  The only kids that will be problems at United are the ones that were problems at Central and Ozen and the ones that are not involved in any extracurricular activities.    

See y'all September 15th... 

I’m not gonna say it’s going to be easy but they’ll have to win a few games there not supposed to for the kids to be optimistic, cus let’s face it an 0-3 (which is very possible) start could be very detrimental. The athletes are still there now Louis and his staff have to prove the naysayers wrong and Put them in a position to win

ill be there on the 31st good luck to the pack 

Yeoj, BigWolf10, BMTSoulja1 and 1 other like this

20 hours ago, D3zii said:

I’m not gonna say it’s going to be easy but they’ll have to win a few games there not supposed to for the kids to be optimistic, cus let’s face it an 0-3 (which is very possible) start could be very detrimental. The athletes are still there now Louis and his staff have to prove the naysayers wrong and Put them in a position to win

ill be there on the 31st good luck to the pack 

I just told Soulja this the other day. Those first three games will determine how well this season goes for United. 0-3 start would probably lead to a 2-3 win season.

1 hour ago, Yeoj said:

I just told Soulja this the other day. Those first three games will determine how well this season goes for United. 0-3 start would probably lead to a 2-3 win season.

I can respect that but the worse I see them after the 1st 3 games is 1-2.  I just don't see them loosing to Nederland even in Nederland.  And not getting PA in week 1 will bode well for the team and staff.  St. Pius, well...

BMTSoulja1 and Yeoj like this

Senior Timberwolves receiving equipment today.  Waiting to see what logo Coach Louis decided on or if he is going to make each individual "earn" their logo.

3 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Senior Timberwolves receiving equipment today.  Waiting to see what logo Coach Louis decided on or if he is going to make each individual "earn" their logo.

I thought I had seen some where it was a White Helmet with maroon U, Maroon Center stripe and maroon facemask. 

But I also seen maroon helmet yellow mask. 

42 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

I thought I had seen some where it was a White Helmet with maroon U, Maroon Center stripe and maroon facemask. 

But I also seen maroon helmet yellow mask. 

Coach Louis showed me the helmets a couple of weeks ago and my senior sent me a picture this morning to confirm this, it is a maroon helmet with the gold facemask.  Practice jerseys are gold with maroon numbers.

BMTSoulja1 likes this

26 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I thought it was a maroon helmet with a gold face mask.  Not sure of stripes or decals yet...

I'm hoping they don't do any stripes and currently there are none on them but neither or any decals yet.

BMTSoulja1 likes this

15 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

The maroon helmet with gold facemask and the growling wolf is the sticker...

I want to see lol..