WOSgrad

2018 UNITED TIMBERWOLVES

7 posts in this topic

logo.png

2018 FOOTBALL TEAM PREVIEWS

BEAUMONT UNITED TIMBERWOLVES

2017 Record: None

New School

Hurricane Harvey devastated virtually every corner of Southeast Texas.  However, it had a particular effect on the structure on the Beaumont ISD as it's damage to Central High School forced its closure and merger with Clifton J. Ozen High School.  The phoenix that rose was the newly formed United High School.  Of course, with school mergers comes the challenges of also merging rosters and staffs.  In order to accomplish this thorny task, Beaumont ISD needed to turn to a strong figure with a lot of equity in Beaumont.  They found that man in former Ozen head coach Arthur Louis.  While many would be squimish about the challenges of a new school, Louis and his staff have embraced them, looking forward to the task of blending the rosters of two schools together.  Of course, the fact that the two rosters he has to choose from featured a plethora of talent makes the task even more exciting.  Talented Panthers and Jaquars look to become talented Timberwolves and lead them into contention in the very tough 21-6A.

Head Coach: Arthur Louis

Assistant Coaches: Ed Taylor (Offensive Coordinator), Kirby Jones (Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers), Malcolm Frank (Co-Defensive Coordinator/Secondary), Andre Bevil (Quarterbacks), Caleb Ceasar (Wide Receivers), Galen Douglas (Running backs), Kevin Thomas (Linebackers), Kevin Dotson (Defensive Line)

Offense

The Timberwolf offense will reveal a Pro Style look in 2018.  The trigger man looks to be quarterback Xzavier Vaughn.  Senior Isaiah Jackson and junior James Wilson will carry the rushing load for United.  Seniors Zachary Vaughn (2nd team all-district in 2018) and Harrison Seals will lead the Timberwolves' receiver corp with junior tight ends Jalen Weaver and Devin Hunt also contributing.  The senior laden offensive line will be lead by senior center Jamal Edwards with junior tackle Terrance Jackson and senior tackles Josh McKenzie and Dre'Qwann Jacobs also being featured.

Defense

Senior linebacker Robert Thibodeaux will lead the Timberwolve's front seven along with linebackers Christian Relford and Calvin Williams.  Hunt will anchor a United secondary which will also feature senior safety Brandarius Howard (1st team all-district), as well as defensive backs Jalen Wells and Shannon Spencer.

Special Teams

Special teams positions will be finalized during fall practice.

Schedule

Aug. 31 - Houston St. Pius X, 7:00 pm

Sept. 7 - at Nederland, 7:00 pm

Sept. 15 - Port Arthur Memorial, 7:00 pm

Sept. 21 - OPEN

Sept. 28 - Baytown Sterling, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 5 - at Beaumont West Brook, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 12 - Houston C.E. King, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 18 - Channelview, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 26 - at La Porte, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 3 - Galena Park North Shore, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 9 - at Deer Park, 7:00 pm*

*-District games

Pretty good write up.  As Danny said in his article yesterday on defensive lineman, Desmond Little will anchor that part of the defense and Tyrone Brown (BE Top 40 Recruits) who is back will more than likely take a safety spot which will move Howard to CB.  There is plenty of depth all over the field.   

It may be my maroon and gold glasses that I'm looking through but I see no reason why this team doesn't make the playoffs this year...

On 7/11/2018 at 9:24 AM, Alpha Wolf said:

Pretty good write up.  As Danny said in his article yesterday on defensive lineman, Desmond Little will anchor that part of the defense and Tyrone Brown (BE Top 40 Recruits) who is back will more than likely take a safety spot which will move Howard to CB.  There is plenty of depth all over the field.   

It may be my maroon and gold glasses that I'm looking through but I see no reason why this team doesn't make the playoffs this year...

not trolling ya, but i see four reasons they won't make the playoffs...West Brook, North Shore, Laporte, and Deer Park...now you will see what PAM had to deal with for YEARS.

navydawg31 likes this

8 hours ago, pakronos said:

not trolling ya, but i see four reasons they won't make the playoffs...West Brook, North Shore, Laporte, and Deer Park...now you will see what PAM had to deal with for YEARS.

At about 10 pm on Friday, November 9th, holla at me...

18 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Deer Park has a new coach.  I see losses to Brook and NS,  and the LaPorte game will be tough,  but I see them beating everyone else...

Dang, I hope you are right Brotha

BMTSoulja1 likes this