Hardin Jefferson Basketball 2018/19

21 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Silsbee wins it this year they have to go down as one of the great all time SETX teams.  Lofty air when you consider the Hebert, Buna, and of course the Mighty Bumble Bees.   But overall, it would make it a tie with HJ, right?   

Don’t forget the Kountze 2003 State championship  team!

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Silsbee wins it this year they have to go down as one of the great all time SETX teams.  Lofty air when you consider the Hebert, Buna, and of course the Mighty Bumble Bees.   But overall, it would make it a tie with HJ, right?   

Yes they have 3 but when one came before i was even born well that is definitely too old to worry about.....i mean i have heard one of their biggest fans talking about How Cowboy fans shouldnt talk about their past titles.....so i guess the only Titles that matter are the ones won by your reigning or should i say two time reigning State Champion Silsbee Tigers!!!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Barring any basketball players getting injured in football, I predict Ltown will make their first ever playoff appearance in roundball.

Was talking about that tonight.  Silsbee and HJ probably the clear cut 1-2 in the district.   Ltown/LCM/WOS should be very competitive for the last 2 playoff spots.  

On 8/23/2018 at 10:11 PM, ST413 said:

Yes they have 3 but when one came before i was even born well that is definitely too old to worry about.....i mean i have heard one of their biggest fans talking about How Cowboy fans shouldnt talk about their past titles.....so i guess the only Titles that matter are the ones won by your reigning or should i say two time reigning State Champion Silsbee Tigers!!!

I say stay focused.  Use tunnel vision.  If you wake up and it is the 4th qtr of the championship game,  and you got a lead (Silsbee) then go for it.  Deal with the results after that.

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

So because they can't beat Silsbee they can't be discussed? Looks like nobody can talk about any team other than Silsbee because nobody around here is beating them. That makes sense. Can't talk about Randy Moss because he ain't better than Jerry Rice. 

Ok_ lets talk about HJ basketball.  What facet of it interests you?

15 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Ok_ lets talk about HJ basketball.  What facet of it interests you?

I didn't bring up wanting to talk about H-J basketball. I was responding to the post saying people shouldn't be talking about HJ because they couldn't beat Silsbee.  If anything I was defending HJ. 

But now that you mention it.

How long has the current coach been there? How many games has he won? How many district titles? What is his graduation rate? How many players has he gotten to play college ball? Who all graduated last year? Who is the best players going to be? Are they back in Silsbee's district? Do they have any tall players? Where is their first game? Does the coach yell alot or is he a players coach? Does he have admin support or are they up his arse alot? Can they shoot the 3 ball? Who is the best shooter? What defense do they run? Do they play good team ball? Is their assistant a good coach or just a football coach being forced to do it? Will they be a good road team? What place do you think they finish? How old is the gym? Does the baseball field have lights yet? Do any football players play basketball? When will they be done? Can they win State this year?

It is interesting that you pose all these questions as if you know nothing about HJ but yet you know that the baseball field doesn't have lights.  HMMMMM!!

Note my prior question of which facet did you want to discuss as to oppose to many, many facets.  If you need all of those questions answered, you may want to contact the coach directly.

10 minutes ago, stevenash said:

It is interesting that you pose all these questions as if you know nothing about HJ but yet you know that the baseball field doesn't have lights.  HMMMMM!!

Note my prior question of which facet did you want to discuss as to oppose to many, many facets.  If you need all of those questions answered, you may want to contact the coach directly.

That was a topic on this site before. Again, The only time I have even been in this thread was to debunk a statement made by a Silsbee poster. I haven't inquired about HJ one time in the entire history of this site. You have some conspiracy theory issues going on. I sent many many questions to be smart ass, as you were being a smart ass with your original question. 

To answer it directly, I don't have any real question regarding HJ. I was merely scanning the site, bored at work, seen a ridiculous statement, and called it out. You are awful sensitive about HJ basketball. 

27 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

That was a topic on this site before. Again, The only time I have even been in this thread was to debunk a statement made by a Silsbee poster. I haven't inquired about HJ one time in the entire history of this site. You have some conspiracy theory issues going on. I sent many many questions to be smart ass, as you were being a smart ass with your original question. 

To answer it directly, I don't have any real question regarding HJ. I was merely scanning the site, bored at work, seen a ridiculous statement, and called it out. You are awful sensitive about HJ basketball. 

Correction:  That would be awfully sensitive.  I am an enthusiastic supporter and fan of that program.