Jasper vs Godley

13 hours ago, walldrill said:

State tourney is based off of winning percentage. But from what I've heard about Godley very solid pitching. Think Jasper may see the undefeated Argyle team, but I still like their chances.

I expect that you are correct.  That is how it was done in the past as I remember.  Best record against the worst record.  Then by default the other two teams play.  In each case the team with the best record is the home team.  Anyone have any better information?

3 hours ago, waltersobchak said:

I bet argyle will win the whole thing but jasper, I think, will give them more of a run for their money than anyone else

Argyle being undefeated would make most of us think they are the favorite.  Godley's players scholarship speak for themselves.  Sweeny has beaten some good schools.  

Jasper was the underdog when they won state previously...I like our chances.

3 hours ago, waltersobchak said:

I bet argyle will win the whole thing but jasper, I think, will give them more of a run for their money than anyone else

You are probably right.  Jasper has not had great success at  Disch Falk.  Hope this is the break through year.  Like it was at Dell in 2007.  Almost the same scenario.  Jasper had the worst record of the four teams.  Basically put a good Southeast Texas whupping on both teams they played.  Scored 25 runs and stole some 20 bases.  On paper Jasper does not have much of a chance against Argyle, but that I am confident they will show up for the game ready to play ball.  Might be another upset year.  Go Dogs!

I can honestly say as I was apart of the 07 team.. we were nowhere near the best in the state but got hot at the right time and played as a team! Carthage had one of best teams I’ve seen in HS baseball that year and BC took them down. Continue what yall have done and good things will happen. Enjoy this moment!! Go Dawgs!

If we can stay close early and settle in with our pitching and no mistakes we have a chance.  Big task ahead but everybody is good at this time of the year.  Cant have any let downs like game 1 against salado.  Our players like the uh underdog and that very few people give them a chance.  What's to lose when your not expected to win.  These boys have a lot of heart.