H-F on the rise

8 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

When you do well with 7 on 7 it means that...no...it doesn’t mean anything.  Sorry.

That's just a small school analogy. At the 5a level, those competing at a high level in 7on7 are winning districts and playoff games according to the study by Matt Stepp from Dave Cambells magazine.

Let me rephrase my opening remark. Had anybody but the guy that someHOWE was the HC at HF been leading that group of athletes they would have gone at least 2 rounds deep this past season. 

With that I think 7 on 7 is good for a new AD to come in and build a relationship with the kids and see what he has to work with in a competition setting. 

1 hour ago, glassjoe said:

Can not be the best in the state when your MadMustangs are running from the best in 3A.

Running from the Newton Eagles.    

I don't think you wanna start that one up again.  Last I checked, the Mustangs ARE on Newton's schedule.

Shall I repost the article to refresh your recollection?  I know Danny would like for me to.

16 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

H-F had 2 really good looking kids out there.  One kid that hurt his shoulder in the game against Silsbee and the kid that caught the last TD pass in that same game.  Now, on Friday nights, they'll have to adjust to life without the kid that got recruited by Army...

Yea HF had a couple good athletes. They played us tough.. Think it was a 1 score game if I recall. May have won by 2.. But they surprised me.

6 hours ago, joeisbell said:

That's just a small school analogy. At the 5a level, those competing at a high level in 7on7 are winning districts and playoff games according to the study by Matt Stepp from Dave Cambells magazine.

I will remember this conversation after a couple months of 11 on 11.  Those pads make 7 on 7 successes and failures irrelevant.

I jus say this hf will be better this year. The 7on7 team is mostly class of 2020 & 2021 and one incoming freshman. And maybe 2 that will be seniors.  the Kids are more dedicated and passionate bout winning. As far as district goes we will see. Hj has lost some players to bigger schools. Not sure how our jv looked last year but if I'm not mistaken they were good. 

17 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I will remember this conversation after a couple months of 11 on 11.  Those pads make 7 on 7 successes and failures irrelevant.

It's not an opinion or a hypothetical. Do you read DC Magazine? You should, because it seems you are misinformed regarding 5a/6a football and the success correlation between 7on7 and friday night lights.

1 hour ago, joeisbell said:

It's not an opinion or a hypothetical. Do you read DC Magazine? You should, because it seems you are misinformed regarding 5a/6a football and the success correlation between 7on7 and friday night lights.

We're not talking about a 5a/6a football team.

This could be a tight season in District 10-4A-II.  A quality team in Silsbee coming in, H-J getting the coach under who it has enjoyed success, H-F getting a successful coach in Mark Waggoner, Liberty having been strong the last couple of years and WO-S having probably its youngest team in quite a while.