Jasper vs Waco Robinson

I really think Jasper has a pretty good shot to be the first local team knock off Robinson since the Jeff Bennett led Bobcats did so way back in the 2010 Regional Semifinals. Been saying all year this Jasper team is one of the best in Region 3, and they weren't getting the credit they deserve. This series should determine the region 3 champ.

29 minutes ago, Whoa said:

Isn't Robinson really good this year?

Anyone know what Jaspers batting average was in the regular season vs the series???

Homeruns too seems like Jasper had 5 or 6 HRs in the 2 games alone.

Robinson is very good every year. They have been the top team in the region in almost every year for the past 7-8 years. 

On 5/20/2018 at 10:46 PM, Booster said:

Jasper vs Waco Robinson 

It's just Robinson, we're not part of the WISD (thank God!)

Should be a good series, I've been keeping up with Jasper all season and they're record is impressive and they are on a hot streak which is always dangerous.

I hope to make it to the games, they should be close ones.

Go Rockets!!

If you look at state and national rankings on maxpreps, it's pretty close.

Robinson - #21 in all of Texas; #202 nationally. 

Jasper - #20 in all of Texas; #195 nationally. 

I know the Texas rankings are regardless of classification, so I'm assuming it's the same nationally. I don't know how they get their numbers, but to be in the top 5% in the country means both teams are very, very good. I'll take Jasper in 3 games. 

56 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

If you look at state and national rankings on maxpreps, it's pretty close.

Robinson - #21 in all of Texas; #202 nationally. 

Jasper - #20 in all of Texas; #195 nationally. 

I know the Texas rankings are regardless of classification, so I'm assuming it's the same nationally. I don't know how they get their numbers, but to be in the top 5% in the country means both teams are very, very good. I'll take Jasper in 3 games. 

Not knocking either of our teams, but I don’t put much stock in MaxPreps when it comes to baseball. They have Godley ranked #1 in Texas, all classifications.  I think we all know that ain’t even close to being right, Godley over Austin Westlake & SA Reagan, seriously?

Regardless, both of our teams are pretty good, otherwise they wouldn’t have made it this far.  Safe travels to all and here’s hoping for good games....,play ball & Go Rockets!!

7 hours ago, Rocket Man said:

Not knocking either of our teams, but I don’t put much stock in MaxPreps when it comes to baseball. They have Godley ranked #1 in Texas, all classifications.  I think we all know that ain’t even close to being right, Godley over Austin Westlake & SA Reagan, seriously?

Regardless, both of our teams are pretty good, otherwise they wouldn’t have made it this far.  Safe travels to all and here’s hoping for good games....,play ball & Go Rockets!!

and argyle, who i bet will win 4a again

58 minutes ago, Rocket Man said:

I remember that, it was the 2016 Regional final; game 2 was a tough one.

The first game we lost control and I think everyone thought the game would be cancelled. The second game we lacked pitching to keep us in that game. Robinson had a outstanding team and I thought they would have won the state championship that year