Jasper 9 Bridge City 3/Gm2-FINAL/Jasper wins series 2-0!

The Bridge City Cardinals look to even things up tonight as they take on the Jasper Bulldogs in Game 2 of this Class 4A, Region III quarterfinal best of 3 series.  Stephen Westbrooks' Bulldogs took a 1-0 series lead over Chad Landry's Cardinals with a 4-1 victory on Wednesday night.

Should a Game 3 be necessary, it will take place tomorrow in Beaumont.

The winner of this series will face Robinson.

Join Gary Stelly for all of the action from Nederland High School at 7:30 pm by tuning your radio to AM 1600 KOGT or by clicking on the following link:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Bridge City Cardinal Playoff Baseball on Your Hometown Radio Station, AM 1600 KOGT and Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

I would like to congratulate Jasper on a very well played series.  They did everything that you need to do to win.  they grinded out at bats, and last nights 2 out hitting was extremely impressive.  Hats off to the pitching staff that hit their spots and made it difficult for us to put any hits together.  Good luck next week vs Waco Robinson, and keep swinging it.

One interesting fact from last night, that I have never seen before in all the years of being around the game.  Has anyone else seen a High School team use 1 bat from hitters 1-9?  The on deck player would go to the plate without a bat or bring same brand/year model bat to the plate, but then switch to the bat previous hitter used.  Don't get me wrong, they outplayed us and deserve to move on, but what is so special about that one bat????

42 minutes ago, BC87 said:

I would like to congratulate Jasper on a very well played series.  They did everything that you need to do to win.  they grinded out at bats, and last nights 2 out hitting was extremely impressive.  Hats off to the pitching staff that hit their spots and made it difficult for us to put any hits together.  Good luck next week vs Waco Robinson, and keep swinging it.

One interesting fact from last night, that I have never seen before in all the years of being around the game.  Has anyone else seen a High School team use 1 bat from hitters 1-9?  The on deck player would go to the plate without a bat or bring same brand/year model bat to the plate, but then switch to the bat previous hitter used.  Don't get me wrong, they outplayed us and deserve to move on, but what is so special about that one bat????

Baseball boosters buy the bats for our kids we purchase the same bats but in different sizes most kids swing a 33” couple swing a 32.... 

with that being said the BC faithful should be embarrassed by coach Landry’s whining all night about our bats.. he said all the right things to the media after the game but during the game he cried like a little girl not getting her way..

48 minutes ago, BC87 said:

Typical BC comment here. With the BBCOR era it’s not shocking. These bats aren’t made as consistent as they used to be. It’s all about preference and feel.. maybe they only got 1 size they like and only have 1? You did so good congratulating the bulldogs on a great series and then had to put something on the end like this.. 

11 minutes ago, T-daddy said:

Baseball boosters buy the bats for our kids we purchase the same bats but in different sizes most kids swing a 33” couple swing a 32.... 

with that being said the BC faithful should be embarrassed by coach Landry’s whining all night about our bats.. he said all the right things to the media after the game but during the game he cried like a little girl not getting her way..

You say that the boosters buy multiple bats, but my question, which you didn't answer, is why would EVERY player use the same EXACT bat left at the plate?????

I am not embarrassed by our coach at all.  I am proud to say my son played for him.  He's was just calling out the obvious. 

4 minutes ago, BC87 said:

You say that the boosters buy multiple bats, but my question, which you didn't answer, is why would EVERY player use the same EXACT bat left at the plate?????

Cause they swing a 33” bat ... they can choose 32” 33” or 34” most all swing the 33 ... they are all same kind same brand all look alike just different lengths 

5 minutes ago, T-daddy said:
4 minutes ago, Jasper Baseball said:

Apparently you weren’t watching then.  They use 32” and 33” Buster Posey’s and the 9 hole used a Prime. 

I did watch 1-9, late in the ball game, and they used the EXACT same bat, regardless of what you say.

you can say all day boosters buy the bats, which they may; however, I have never seen a team use the EXACT same bat for EVERY player.  Not everyone will like the feel, as has brought up, unless.......

8 minutes ago, BC87 said:

I did watch 1-9, late in the ball game, and they used the EXACT same bat, regardless of what you say.

you can say all day boosters buy the bats, which they may; however, I have never seen a team use the EXACT same bat for EVERY player.  Not everyone will like the feel, as has brought up, unless.......

You just can’t argue with stupid can you !!! 

Look up this nugget ... when is the last time a BC team has won a playoff series against Jasper ?? Better go back a couple of decades to find out 

7 minutes ago, BC87 said:

Well let’s be honest.. if you say they got a loaded bat.. WHY would they just start using it late in the game? At the end of the day Jasper has dominated BC in the playoffs over the years and yet we hear the excuses every time. Jasper has always been known for hitting so well and nothing has changed! Sadly people like you give BC people a bad name