Softball team scandal

It's so sad to see what has happened to the softball program. Just a few years ago it was an up and coming team that should have won a national tournament title.

If they violated the players rights by not allowing her to eat according to her religion, that's wrong and the head coach should have tried to make amends rsther than kick her off the team. The administration seems to have handled this poorly and has doubled down since lawyers have got involved.

I know it doesn't attract tons of fan, but it's an embarrassment and probably makes it harder to hire a decent coach.  And it doesn't inspire confidence in would be recruits to see how coaches and admins handled one of their players.

I wish the team the best in sorting this out.

25 minutes ago, CRUSHCOACH said:

Appears allot of the blame should go to the player with what I have read about the situation. Other players are defending the coaches in this.

Coach was wrong benching her for the season  Plus I wouldn't let my daughter play for her - especially with what I hear is going on.

On 5/18/2018 at 0:42 PM, Whoa said:

Coach was wrong benching her for the season  Plus I wouldn't let my daughter play for her - especially with what I hear is going on.

there is more to this story than what you know.  The AD handled this all wrong.  and well the player has a history of causing problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems there's wrong on all sides.  Yes the young lady may have been difficult but if she's observing lent they should have let her eat her food.  The administration handled this badly too.  They ignored this until it got to a point of no return. They trampled the player then the coaches.

This is sad. Players are leaving. I have no confidence in the new A.D.  Looks like they're making up the appeals process as they go. 

I'm really worried about this.