Saratoga West Hardin

16 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

I don’t know how far Anahuac is from Votaw, but that’s a pretty dang good pay scale there. You will find that an overwhelming majority of people that work at places like WH are hometown folks; hometown folks that more times than not take hometown whippings. 

This is the hidden content, please

you wont find payscales like anahuac's at much larger schools

26 minutes ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

At 10 and 20 years experience, West hardin pays better than my alma mater-Kountze.

What is the deal with those Hardin County schools?.. do they not like getting quality employees or something?

They better hope that they don't build a super HEB at 105/770.  All of the teachers will go bag groceries.

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

Ha!! Early to mid 2000’s I think they were somewhat relevant 

They were competitive during the Tyler Copeland years, but not sure they ever made any real noise. But relatively speaking, the Westfall years were definitely the best years that program has probably ever had. They also kicked behind in powerlifting back then. I believe they had multiple state champions.

10 hours ago, 2wedge said:

They were competitive during the Tyler Copeland years, but not sure they ever made any real noise. But relatively speaking, the Westfall years were definitely the best years that program has probably ever had. They also kicked behind in powerlifting back then. I believe they had multiple state champions.

Nah. Their best years were right before Westfall when they were still 2A(now 3A). District champs(tied with East Chambers I think) one year, and runner up another. Loss in playoffs to state champ Garrison.

They should have done more, much more when they dropped to 1A and Westfall was the coach.  Letsinger and Copeland are about as solid as you could find in 1A in this area at that time, and a first round exit is all they had to show for it. 

6 hours ago, yepyep said:

Nah. Their best years were right before Westfall when they were still 2A(now 3A). District champs(tied with East Chambers I think) one year, and runner up another. Loss in playoffs to state champ Garrison.

They should have done more, much more when they dropped to 1A and Westfall was the coach.  Letsinger and Copeland are about as solid as you could find in 1A in this area at that time, and a first round exit is all they had to show for it. 

Uhh, if you're talking about the late 90s and the year 2000, you are mistaken. I personally participated in some beatdowns placed on those teams during that time frame.

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Uhh, if you're talking about the late 90s and the year 2000, you are mistaken. I personally participated in some beatdowns placed on those teams during that time frame.

No it was after that around 2001-2004 or 05.  They had a couple of 8-2, 7-3 type seasons which is about the best there ever had in back to back seasons. Westfall didn't get there until 04 or 05.

2002 - 8-3 - Terry Pool - 2nd in District

2003 - 8-2 - Terry Pool - 3 way tie for 1st

2004 - 7-4 - Terry Pool - 3rd

2005 - 4-5 - David Westfall - 4th (no playoffs)

2006 - 8-3 - David Westfall - District Champions

2007- 5-6 - David Westfall - 3rd

2008 - 5-4 - David Westfall - 3rd

2009 - 5-5 - David Westfall - 5th

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jv_coach said:

Colmesneil has this as a plus. 
Thanksgiving, christmas, winter break, spring break

In other words the kids don't show up over the breaks so don't worry about it as you get your head kicked in.

This is the hidden content, please

Colmesneil pays $2,500 stipend for asst football coach. I thought that had to have been a misprint when I first saw it. 

1 hour ago, jv_coach said:

Maybe Enterprise car rental....I rented a car one time and the guy I was talking to used to be a coach/teacher, and said he had better money, better  hours and less headaches. 

I'm going to get a job with Enterprise Rent-a-Car, because they have an excellent corporate structure. And they give you all the tools to be your own boss.

A948EFDB-5A3F-40EC-BDA4-5CBC0766F795.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I would venture most of the people teaching at the school are locals. No one is moving out there for that low pay. We need to fix school financing so small districts and the children in them don't get left behind. Our future success as a state and country depends on an educated workforce.

1 hour ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I would venture most of the people teaching at the school are locals. No one is moving out there for that low pay. We need to fix school financing so small districts and the children in them don't get left behind. Our future success as a state and country depends on an educated workforce.

I agree with you...Very few people know how screwed up school funding is in Texas...It needs to be their #1 priority in the next Legislative session...but it won't.. They'll just keep kicking the can down the road ..