WCF-Warriors vs Rockets

Nobody should be shocked by the outcome of either games. Golden State has the best team. Chris Paul was out. Cleveland has the best player in the World. Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward were out. Houston did surprise me. I didn't think they would make it that close. Cleveland did surprise me. I thought the King would have put the Celtics away earlier, they are led by a 19 year old rookie.

I thought the biggest play of the night was in the 3rd Quarter. James Harden was fouled by Klay Thompson. He hit the three, but they said non-shooting foul. Had that counted and he hit the free throw they would have been up 15. Instead, they turn it over and Durant goes down to hit a three. Only up by 8. That's pretty deflating. I think it was game 5, but the same foul was called on Clint Capela on Steph Curry and it was a shooting foul. I don't think the officials know what to call a shooting foul anymore. They should score much more than 15 in a quarter and better than 7-44 from three, but I thought that was a huge call.

30 minutes ago, JSnipes said:

I thought the biggest play of the night was in the 3rd Quarter. James Harden was fouled by Klay Thompson. He hit the three, but they said non-shooting foul. Had that counted and he hit the free throw they would have been up 15. Instead, they turn it over and Durant goes down to hit a three. Only up by 8. That's pretty deflating. I think it was game 5, but the same foul was called on Clint Capela on Steph Curry and it was a shooting foul. I don't think the officials know what to call a shooting foul anymore. They should score much more than 15 in a quarter and better than 7-44 from three, but I thought that was a huge call.

I agree that was a deflating series. But, Houston was up 17 in Game 6 and again had a double digit lead in Game 7. Houston had every chance to close the series out and couldn't do it.