It is fairly simple for me (Celtics fan). This was the series that I anticipated when the season began. The circumstances are clearly different than what we expected. Boston probably does not have enough magic left at this point to beat LeBron James and Co. I can see this series going a hard 6, possibly 7, but I can't see a path for Celtics to win this series.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Celtics are way ahead of schedule.  Next problem is how to keep all of their players.

Everyone is on books through the 2019-2020 season, with the exception of Marcus Smart. If this team had Hayward and Irving, he might not get any playing time as it is. I like him, but he is expendable.  After 2019-2020, hopefully the cap has moved enough to make it a little easier.

18 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Everyone is on books through the 2019-2020 season, with the exception of Marcus Smart. If this team had Hayward and Irving, he might not get any playing time as it is. I like him, but he is expendable.  After 2019-2020, hopefully the cap has moved enough to make it a little easier.

We have no assurance that Irvings knee issues are or will be totally resolved.   Seems to me that Celtics move the ball better and are less inclined to go one on one when Irving is not on the floor.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

We have no assurance that Irvings knee issues are or will be totally resolved.   Seems to me that Celtics move the ball better and are less inclined to go one on one when Irving is not on the floor.

Agreed. But let's not overthink this. They are better with Kyrie and Hayward. They may slip past Cleveland with the roster, but they have a very slim shot at Golden State or Houston without Kyrie.

Back to the topic at hand.

Boston weathered the early "LeBron Punches". They stayed true to who they are, and Brad Stevens continued to get it done. Cleveland is out of answers. LeBron had a triple double, Love had 20+, they shot nearly 50% from 3, and still lost by double digits. I didn't think it would happen, but the Celtics look like the better team that will win the series.

The next moves will be unloading a SF and a PG.   We can’t keep Tatum, Brown and Hayward because you can’t have 70m tied up at the 3.  And you may never have Rozier’s stock this high.   I might actually prefer keeping Brown over Hayward but Brown will bring more equity imo.   Tatum is off limits because he looks every bit the future of the franchise.  

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

The next moves will be unloading a SF and a PG.   We can’t keep Tatum, Brown and Hayward because you can’t have 70m tied up at the 3.  And you may never have Rozier’s stock this high.   I might actually prefer keeping Brown over Hayward but Brown will bring more equity imo.   Tatum is off limits because he looks every bit the future of the franchise.  

That isn't the case. Tatum is locked up for 4 more years at a great price. Brown is locked up at a great price for 3 more years. No reason to dump any of them for at least two more years. Then trade an aging Hayward to the best dealer. I can see Larkin, Smart, and Semi being moved, but Rozier is also locked up for the next two.  They will have, at the very least, 1 full season with all hands on deck. I'd go from there.

11 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

That isn't the case. Tatum is locked up for 4 more years at a great price. Brown is locked up at a great price for 3 more years. No reason to dump any of them for at least two more years. Then trade an aging Hayward to the best dealer. I can see Larkin, Smart, and Semi being moved, but Rozier is also locked up for the next two.  They will have, at the very least, 1 full season with all hands on deck. I'd go from there.

True, but a HUGE part of Brown’s value is the very thing you mention.  You could keep him one more year but that eats a year off the added equity and if Hayward is healthy, he’s still an all star and Brown’s minutes would be severely reduced...

On 5/19/2018 at 0:56 AM, TxHoops said:

True, but a HUGE part of Brown’s value is the very thing you mention.  You could keep him one more year but that eats a year off the added equity and if Hayward is healthy, he’s still an all star and Brown’s minutes would be severely reduced...

I would let one of the 3s go if it involves getting Anthony Davis. Otherwise, Brad finds a way to get them all in the right situation.