2016 D. Wilkinson 1-9-0
2015 D. Wilkinson 0-10-0
2014 D. Wilkinson 0-10-0

and GCM - 14,15 5A 16,17- 6A

2017 B. Jones 1-8-0
2016 B. Jones 0-10-0
2015 B. Boyd 4-6-0
2014 B. Boyd 4-6-0

Out of all the Baytown schools I would choose Sterling, at least they are competitive at the 6A level.

Lets check back on Sterling's Record after the season coming up.

1 hour ago, GCMNation5 said:

Lets check back on Sterling's Record after the season coming up.

All this depends on who they hire but here are my 2 cents for the Rangers. 

week 1 Clear Creek - Win

Week 2 Nimitz-  Loss

Week 3 Austin-  Win 

Bye

Week 4 @BeaumontUnited -  Win- not sure how timber wolves will have gelled at this point. 

Week 5 Channelview- Home - Win- CV is never good early in district they always figure it out and end of district play. 

Week 6 @laPorte - Win- Laport plays deer park week before this. Trap game for bulldogs. 

Week 7 North Shore - Home - Loss - Its North Shore. 

Week 8 @DeerPark Loss. Don't know how new coach will change system- traditionally ground and pound  could be a close one. run the ball run the clock game.

Week 9 @ CEKing - Win - Sterling ruined their homecoming last year. 

Week 10 Westbrook- Home - Loss been a while since they have played but 3 years ago I remember the game was close. however that was a while ago so ill go WB. 

Rangers finish 6-4 (4-4) and make playoffs for first time since 2008- as long as you hand the ball to 11, and he stays healthy.  

I do know if GCM was in this district they would have the same 1 win season- good luck in 5A. 

1 hour ago, Soccer Man said:

week 1 Clear Creek - Win

Week 2 Nimitz-  Loss

Week 3 Austin-  Win 

Bye

Week 4 @BeaumontUnited -  Win- not sure how timber wolves will have gelled at this point. 

Week 5 Channelview- Home - Win- CV is never good early in district they always figure it out and end of district play. 

Week 6 @laPorte - Win- Laport plays deer park week before this. Trap game for bulldogs. 

Week 8 @DeerPark Loss. Don't know how new coach will change system- traditionally ground and pound  could be a close one. run the ball run the clock game.

Week 10 Westbrook- Home - Loss been a while since they have played but 3 years ago I remember the game was close. however that was a while ago so ill go WB. 

Rangers finish 6-4 (4-4) and make playoffs for first time since 2008- as long as you hand the ball to 11, and he stays healthy.  

I do know if GCM was in this district they would have the same 1 win season- good luck in 5A. 

I’ll give you Channelview 

Sterling doesn’t beat Creek, LP or Houston Austin. Just saying 

2 hours ago, Soccer Man said:

week 1 Clear Creek - Win

Week 2 Nimitz-  Loss

Week 3 Austin-  Win 

Bye

Bro, this is unbelievably optimistic. You've got a trap game, a win predicated on Channelview being "never good early in district", and a win over king based on last years results. Sterling will be lucky to go 3-7 with a coaching change this late in the year.

It may be optimistic but isn’t that what fans are supposed to do? Be hopeful for their team? I think Sterling beats creek who is also going through a coaching change and it will be the battle of new coaches to open season. I’ll give you Austin I don’t know much about them. So 5-5. Sterlings next year senior class beat la ports next senior class when they were freshmen at la Porte. I know that was three years ago but unless la porte got moves ins it’s the same kids. That’s why I think Sterling has a chance. 

10 minutes ago, Soccer Man said:

It may be optimistic but isn’t that what fans are supposed to do? Be hopeful for their team? I think Sterling beats creek who is also going through a coaching change and it will be the battle of new coaches to open season. I’ll give you Austin I don’t know much about them. So 5-5. Sterlings next year senior class beat la ports next senior class when they were freshmen at la Porte. I know that was three years ago but unless la porte got moves ins it’s the same kids. That’s why I think Sterling has a chance. 

Creek is going threw a coaching change, but one of their sub-varsity teams went undefeated while the other only lost a game or two. 

Houston Austin has one of the top QB prospects in Texas.

While Sterling will be hiring their 4th head cosch in the last 5 years (Sawyer, Gaeri, Aduddell), La Porte has had the same head coach for over a decade and has only missed the playoffs twice since 2000.

On staff 

Walter Fortune 

Daniel Fitzmorris 

a GCM coach (not sure which one) 

JD Jordan - Deerpark

Chad Taylor - Liberty 

That’s all I know for sure I’ve heard other rumors but I do know they are interviewing today. Deciding Friday and announcing on Monday at board meeting. As long as they don’t go GCCISD and mess it up.

43 minutes ago, Soccer Man said:

On staff 

Walter Fortune 

Daniel Fitzmorris 

JD Jordan - Deerpark

Chad Taylor - Liberty 

That’s all I know for sure I’ve heard other rumors but I do know they are interviewing today. Deciding Friday and announcing on Monday at board meeting. As long as they don’t go GCCISD and mess it up.

Interesting.

1 hour ago, Soccer Man said:

On staff 

Walter Fortune 

Daniel Fitzmorris 

JD Jordan - Deerpark

Chad Taylor - Liberty 

This is the second Baytown job in as many years where Chad Taylor's name has popped up. I have no idea why he is so bent on leaving a Liberty program he has had success at to go on a two year assignment in TXHSFB hell. This is a sure fire way to ensure he's looking for another job in the short term. Can someone enlighten me as to why this is happening?

20 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

This is the second Baytown job in as many years where Chad Taylor's name has popped up. I have no idea why he is so bent on leaving a Liberty program he has had success at to go on a two year assignment in TXHSFB hell. This is a sure fire way to ensure he's looking for another job in the short term. Can someone enlighten me as to why this is happening?

If I'm not mistaken he lives in Baytown 

20 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

23 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Most coaches aspire to coach at the highest level in high school- 6A. It helps the ole resume.

Chad coached at RSS a few years back and also La Porte. I believe he was part of Coach Terrabone's staff at RSS.

I thought they sold their home in Baytown, but not 100% sure.

The job also pays well which never hurts.

Pays well for a couple of years until you have to leave. He could bide his time at Liberty, continue to build an impressive resume, then go after a larger job where he might actually be able to have some success. RSS would be career suicide. Do we really think it's that attractive of a job when their last HC just left to take a coordinator position in a lower division?

1 hour ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Most coaches aspire to coach at the highest level in high school- 6A. It helps the ole resume.

Chad coached at RSS a few years back and also La Porte. I believe he was part of Coach Terrabone's staff at RSS.

I thought they sold their home in Baytown, but not 100% sure.

The job also pays well which never hurts.

Going 0-10 for a couple of years as a HC does not help the resume. Just means you tried and couldn't get it done.

3 hours ago, Soccer Man said:

On staff 

Walter Fortune 

Daniel Fitzmorris 

JD Jordan - Deerpark

Chad Taylor - Liberty 

You're correct on 3 out of 5.  There are 6 interviews being conducted today.  Who are the missing 3???

21 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Who at RSS has gone 0-10 for two years?

I can answer that for you- No one has. 

With the upcoming schedule, and a new coach not in place until nearly June, are you expecting RSS To win a bunch of games. I can tell you, the odds are not in favor of that.

For the record, Chad Taylor has not had one conversation with anyone from Goose Creek CISD or Baytown Sterling.  I have not applied for the position at Sterling, nor did it even cross my mind.  Coach Fortune did call me one day and ask if I was going to apply, but I told him that I am a Liberty Panther next year and after that, I would re-evaluate, as does every coach at the end of a season.  I did apply and interviewed for the position at Baytown Lee last year, but that is it.  You guys are correct, I do live close to Baytown Lee and it made a lot of sense at the time.  My wife and I both have taught in the GCCISD and it was good to us, however, we are Liberty Panthers!!  Not sure how my name got brought into this post or conversation but as me applying for and interviewing at Baytown Sterling, not true.  Call GCCISD, ask them if I applied!  You guys have a nice day!

Chad Taylor