Umpire vs. umpire disagreement

Area round playoff game with 4 umpire split crew (2 umpires for each team).  In the top of the 7th inning with a runner on third base, the third base ump calls an illegal pitch allowing what turned out to be the winning run score.  I hear after the game that one of the umps (not his crew member) tells third base ump he should not have made that call in that situation.  Third base ump gets upset and the two have to be separated.

Anyone every hear of umps almost coming to blows?   Also, should umpires be from neutral associations not associated with either team?  I guess the scheduling could be a scheduling problem.

15 hours ago, sbparent said:

Area round playoff game with 4 umpire split crew (2 umpires for each team).  In the top of the 7th inning with a runner on third base, the third base ump calls an illegal pitch allowing what turned out to be the winning run score.  I hear after the game that one of the umps (not his crew member) tells third base ump he should not have made that call in that situation.  Third base ump gets upset and the two have to be separated.

Anyone every hear of umps almost coming to blows?   Also, should umpires be from neutral associations not associated with either team?  I guess the scheduling could be a scheduling problem.

This is why there should not be split crews. Typically, a coin flip would decide which team gets the officials.