Coldspring open

On 6/9/2018 at 0:25 AM, texaggies07 said:

I think the people in Coldspring will be happy with the next hire. The guy will be a really good fit for Coldspring. 

If he is indeed the new AD/Head coach why should CS be happy about this hire and what exactly makes him such a great fit?  Don't know much about him other than being the son of a coach who won a state title at China Spring.  Just curious because his record as a HC is more than concerning.

47 minutes ago, MEM said:

If he is indeed the new AD/Head coach why should CS be happy about this hire and what exactly makes him such a great fit?  Don't know much about him other than being the son of a coach who won a state title at China Spring.  Just curious because his record as a HC is more than concerning.

You have to look at where he was at.  Also he is going to bring in some really solid assistants. 

1 hour ago, MEM said:

A school trying to hire a head football coach in mid-June has slim options. Beggars cant be choosers. 

1 hour ago, texaggies07 said:

You have to look at where he was at.  Also he is going to bring in some really solid assistants. 

And solid as in where , who at this time of the year?? Most coaches that are “solid” are all under contract and working somewhere else. He’s gonna have to go to coaching school to hire assistants.  Plus, why wouldn’t he keep the assistants on staff?  They aren’t solid enough?!!!

16 minutes ago, shepherddad said:

And solid as in where , who at this time of the year?? Most coaches that are “solid” are all under contract and working somewhere else. He’s gonna have to go to coaching school to hire assistants.  Plus, why wouldn’t he keep the assistants on staff?  They aren’t solid enough?!!!

It will be a good staff. Some assistants will be staying while others decided to go elsewhere before the hire was made. I just know this will be a good staff and I hope the people in Coldspring get behind it. The kids really like Coach Bird. He went to school in Groveton and coached in Groveton. So he knows what small town football is like. 

11 minutes ago, texaggies07 said:

It will be a good staff. Some assistants will be staying while others decided to go elsewhere before the hire was made. I just know this will be a good staff and I hope the people in Coldspring get behind it. The kids really like Coach Bird. He went to school in Groveton and coached in Groveton. So he knows what small town football is like. 

So did every coach in Ranger, Texas. You ever been to that wasteland?

29 minutes ago, texaggies07 said:

Ok , so he goes 2-28 at Bangs and two of those years, Ofer!  This is the best Coldspring could do after other more successful applicants. Yea , he really knows what small town football is like. Just ask the back yard boosters at Ganado!! 

Honestly I know nothing about Jim the coach. I do Jim the East Texas/ groveton legend. He’s a good dude. 

Lets all step back and be really honest for 1 minute. Coldspring doesn’t need Nick Saban to win games. Make sure they show up on Fridays around 6ish and you’ll win 7 plus games.

On 6/23/2018 at 10:49 PM, Go-rilla said:

Honestly I know nothing about Jim the coach. I do Jim the East Texas/ groveton legend. He’s a good dude. 

Lets all step back and be really honest for 1 minute. Coldspring doesn’t need Nick Saban to win games. Make sure they show up on Fridays around 6ish and you’ll win 7 plus games.

Agreed 100%

On 6/23/2018 at 10:49 PM, Go-rilla said:

I have a feeling they wont win 7 games this year.