Coldspring open

43 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Again, that was not the question, but it does support my point. . 

HP's Xs and Os beat Manvels Jims and Joes.

It's the same thing that happens to East Chambers on a yearly basis. They are typically more athletic than anyone in the region at the 3a level, but when it comes down to it......first/second round they get outplayed, outhustled and out-coached by several in the Region to the north of them....its not a hard concept to understand

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

When challenged about the relative athleticism between HP and Manvel, the track meet analogy would be very good metric to apply. Manvel would smoke HP out of the meet, proving their athletic dominance, but Highland Park's Xs and Os (and grit) won the SC! 

This is so easy a caveman could understand it. 

"Manvel was one of, if not THE most athletic teams in TX last year. Highland Park might have been the least athletic State Champion."

Those are your words my man..I was simply stating that to imply that Highland Park wasn't athletic is..well..kind of dumb.  They literally had D1 football players all over the field.  Yeah they may have won the X's and O's battle but they were VERY athletic.  What is so hard to understand about that? 

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

"Manvel was one of, if not THE most athletic teams in TX last year. Highland Park might have been the least athletic State Champion."

Those are your words my man..I was simply stating that to imply that Highland Park wasn't athletic is..well..kind of dumb.  They literally had D1 football players all over the field.  Yeah they may have won the X's and O's battle but they were VERY athletic.  What is so hard to understand about that? 

So you're telling me that a team can be the least athletic State Champ and still be a very athletic team?....I read ya...

dumb and dumber harry GIF

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

1 hour ago, 90yshallow said:

So you're telling me that a team can be the least athletic State Champ and still be a very athletic team?....I read ya...

dumb and dumber harry GIF

+1000

I'm less interested in when as I am in who....Although it makes you wonder when searches/hires seem to drag on.  My thoughts are that the folks tasked with the search and hire are finding it a little bit tougher of a task than they imagined...But then again that would be giving them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing and I'm not sure that's the case with at least half of the current board.

29 minutes ago, MEM said:

I'm less interested in when as I am in who....Although it makes you wonder when searches/hires seem to drag on.  My thoughts are that the folks tasked with the search and hire are finding it a little bit tougher of a task than they imagined...But then again that would be giving them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing and I'm not sure that's the case with at least half of the current board.

I think a lot of them were thinking that Miles was just gonna come running back. And by the looks of how long this is taking that was not the case. I do honestly wish Coldspring the best, but when you run off really good coaches it can come back to bite you in the butt.

15 hours ago, idk said:

I think a lot of them were thinking that Miles was just gonna come running back. And by the looks of how long this is taking that was not the case. I do honestly wish Coldspring the best, but when you run off really good coaches it can come back to bite you in the butt.

Exactly...

Not yet. Still interviewing candidate(s) which would make you think that it'll end up being someone other than Robinson...But then again who knows...Still can't believe CS is getting ready to have their 3rd head coach in the last 5 years.  

6 minutes ago, MEM said:

Not yet. Still interviewing candidate(s) which would make you think that it'll end up being someone other than Robinson...But then again who knows...Still can't believe CS is getting ready to have their 3rd head coach in the last 5 years.  

As far as I know at this moment it will be someone other than Robinson. I do not think he applied. I do not think he would do that to the kids at Shepherd this late in the game, He is a stand up guy who thinks of more that wins and losses.

I agree he's a stand up guy. Have had nothing but positive experiences any time that I've crossed paths or had interactions with him...I think he'd be a good fit and do a good job but I sure don't fault him whatsoever if he looks at the situation and says no thanks, not interested.  The folks at Shepherd seem to really like and appreciate him and CS is akin to a dumpster fire right now..

25 minutes ago, MEM said:

I agree he's a stand up guy. Have had nothing but positive experiences any time that I've crossed paths or had interactions with him...I think he'd be a good fit and do a good job but I sure don't fault him whatsoever if he looks at the situation and says no thanks, not interested.  The folks at Shepherd seem to really like and appreciate him and CS is akin to a dumpster fire right now..

Miles is a heck of a person and coach. He would be a really good fit for Coldspring. Yes most the folks in Shepherd like and appreciate him, we know what we have. The reason I say most is well you know how people can be, can't please everyone. Miles has done a great job.

I hope Coldspring's finds what they are looking for, but at the same time hope it's not Miles. Again I just can't see him doing that this late in the game. He thinks too much of his coaches and players.

On 6/9/2018 at 8:38 AM, texaggies07 said:

It won’t be to much longer. 

I know they want to get the right man for the job, but at this late notice the real people who suffer are the fans and players. Also trying to bring together the staff there or get the people he wants will be hard.

8 hours ago, Kegger said:

8 weeks before 2-a-days start. That’s not a ton of time to put together a staff. Especially when the pay isn’t great. Gonna end up with young inexperienced coaches.

That could happen. Feel very sorry for Coldspring. I also stated this will be late to put a good staff or work with the existing staff. Again the real people this might hurt is the kids, especially the seniors. Multiple coaches over the last couple of years is not good for the program.