Coldspring open

I agree with the Jimmy's and Joe's, what I don't agree with is Coldspring hasn't done anything to prove they have the jimmy's and joe's. Now if a bigger school with more money and more jimmy's and joe's I could agree with. And NO it isn't Livingston.

8 minutes ago, idk said:

I agree with the Jimmy's and Joe's, what I don't agree with is Coldspring hasn't done anything to prove they have the jimmy's and joe's. Now if a bigger school with more money and more jimmy's and joe's I could agree with. And NO it isn't Livingston.

You, yourself said Coldspring had more athletes than Shepherd, especially for the future.

Livingston does not have the jimmy's and Joe's, from what I have seen. Heck, Shepherd may beat them next year.

Is there a job in the area with Athletes that is open that we are missing?

Just because Coldspring has more Athletes than Shepherd doesn't mean they have the jimmy's and joe's to get the job done. You know that!!! I stated not Livingston. No I do not know of a job open with the jimmy's and joe's it takes. So if you could read into what I was saying, if there are no jimmy's and joe's (to take you deep into the playoffs) then take a job with $$$$$, if he doesn't want to stay where he is. Again, you are pushing hard for him to go to Coldspring (so I would think you are either from there or have ties there) I am not really pushing for him to stay in Shepherd more than I am pushing for him to make the right decision for his family. So again, if the jimmy's and joe's (he has now, which is few) and the jimmy's and joe's in Coldspring won't get you that trophy, then the best thing is the money and a happy family.

8 minutes ago, idk said:

Just because Coldspring has more Athletes than Shepherd doesn't mean they have the jimmy's and joe's to get the job done. You know that!!! I stated not Livingston. No I do not know of a job open with the jimmy's and joe's it takes. So if you could read into what I was saying, if there are no jimmy's and joe's (to take you deep into the playoffs) then take a job with $$$$$, if he doesn't want to stay where he is. Again, you are pushing hard for him to go to Coldspring (so I would think you are either from there or have ties there) I am not really pushing for him to stay in Shepherd more than I am pushing for him to make the right decision for his family. So again, if the jimmy's and joe's (he has now, which is few) and the jimmy's and joe's in Coldspring won't get you that trophy, then the best thing is the money and a happy family.

We all like $$$$$$$.

I'm not pushing, i just think he would be great hire for Coldspring.

He should definitely do what is best for him and his family.

I feel sorry for him in Shepherd, the turnover rate is incredible.

I agree, The last few years there has been a ton of turnover. When he first came here it wasn't like that. It's not a knock on him, Shepherd doesn't pay much to coaches. Oh I agree it would be a good hire for Coldspring, I just question if going home is the right thing to do.

Like you just said, we all like money, and if I'm not winning the trophy then I'm getting paid. lol.  But as we all know any good coach thinks they will be able to turn things around and win. Do I think if Miles goes home, will he win. Yes he is a good coach and get kids to buy into the system. Then he has a way to keep the parents where they should be. He is open and honest, no doubt.

Yep, Coach G. is a good coach and man. There is no doubt that I would think the folks in Coldspring are going to try as hard as they can to get Miles and want him to bring a few of these coaches with him. I have family and friends in Coldspring, and wish them the best. A lot has changed since Coldspring and Shepherd were in the same district, Yea they still play but it just isn't the same. Some folks try to make it out to be but it is not. 

I'll call Miles and ask him! lol. Loyalty is a big one as you stated. Maybe he has too much invested in the community now. Maybe he wants to stay and prove everyone wrong about the kids in Shepherd (as any good coach thinks they can do). Just a few, but to get anything but speculation on my part or yours, Miles would have to answer those questions. 

Also Miles has a Friend on the school board at CS that he graduated with. That friend has a son that plays LB. Will be a senior. Very good LB. No dought CS will try hard to get him. Miles was a grade behind me and I remember him as very smart. But is up to him. Tough choice. Any other coach that is not from Coldspring will leave for a bigger school and more money if Coldspring finds alot of success.  That is why I think Miles would be a good fit. Dream job with Alma mater. Potential to be a long term coach. 

That friend just got voted off of the school board, however, one of the new board members that was just voted on to the board is also a good friend of his...Not all coaches not from Coldspring will leave for a bigger school or more money after having success but it does need to be someone that likes coaching at a small town school...Barbay would've retired at Coldspring if he had of just been left alone to do his job...

Any chance Chip Keel surfaces for this job, or for the Shepherd job if Miles leaves for CS? He's a good one, who did some unfortunate things, but was welcomed back into the community of Shepherd after those things happened. Seems teed up to get back into the game at some point.

29 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Any chance Chip Keel surfaces for this job, or for the Shepherd job if Miles leaves for CS? He's a good one, who did some unfortunate things, but was welcomed back into the community of Shepherd after those things happened. Seems teed up to get back into the game at some point.

I don't see why not, Chip is a good guy. heard he applied for the Livingston job.

I'm sure some of the delusional Coldspring folks (including probably a couple of the old holdover board members) think they can just easily go find another great coach....

What many of them don't realize is when they allow what happened to Barbay to transpire it becomes much harder to get a quality coach to be willing to take a chance on coming to Coldspring. The coaching fraternity is for the most part a tight knit group and when they see a coach have the success Barbay did basically being discarded it rightfully raises lots of red flags.

If you were a successful coach at another school would you risk the move?  Probably not. Right now their best hope is probably getting someone with hometown ties like Robinson to take the job. From everything I've seen from him over the last few years it seems like he'd probably be a good get.  Maybe he could come in a win while kissing enough admin/parent arse to keep his job. 

13 minutes ago, shepherddad said:

What was the reason for his dismissal?!!  Was it like a Jerry Jones/Jimmy Johnson deal?

Supt wanted him gone.....period. It was a travesty and they haven't even sniffed the same level of success since.

And for MEM, Chip Keel is a good coach. Coldspring would be lucky to have him.