Coldspring open

I don't really know if Miles would, The fine folks from Coldspring let the last Supt. and Board run off a coach that won a ton of games. Just cause he is a hometown boy doesn't mean that same thing won't happen to him. He is a great guy but he is also a smart man. Maybe he will Maybe he won't.

1 hour ago, idk said:

I don't really know if Miles would, The fine folks from Coldspring let the last Supt. and Board run off a coach that won a ton of games. Just cause he is a hometown boy doesn't mean that same thing won't happen to him. He is a great guy but he is also a smart man. Maybe he will Maybe he won't.

There is more talent in Coldspring, the well in Shepherd has run dry.

There was always more talent in Coldspring, that's not anything new. Was that supposed to be breaking news? You can have all the talent in the world but when you let outside interference in then it doesn't matter how much talent you have. No discipline gets you nothing. Barbay was a good coach that kept "all that talent" in line, but the community in Coldspring got weak. The only difference the last couple of years was Good coaching in Shepherd with kids that would work their butts off, they never had more talent, they just believed in the coaches and worked. Mommy and Daddy stayed out of it. OH and Shepherd beat Coldpspring the last couple of years with only One Moye kid. Yes he was a stud but it took the entire team.

29 minutes ago, idk said:

There was always more talent in Coldspring, that's not anything new. Was that supposed to be breaking news? You can have all the talent in the world but when you let outside interference in then it doesn't matter how much talent you have. No discipline gets you nothing. Barbay was a good coach that kept "all that talent" in line, but the community in Coldspring got weak. The only difference the last couple of years was Good coaching in Shepherd with kids that would work their butts off, they never had more talent, they just believed in the coaches and worked. Mommy and Daddy stayed out of it. OH and Shepherd beat Coldpspring the last couple of years with only One Moye kid. Yes he was a stud but it took the entire team.

Do you live in Shepherd or Coldspring?

Shepherd has had as much talent as Coldspring the past few years, that will not be the case in the future.

Shepherd will lose a bunch with this Senior class, including their "Bell Cow" in Trevor Moye. They will still have a few players, but the JV was below average this year and the Jr. High was terrible.

Coldspring is a better job than Shepherd for the foreseeable future.

Yes I live in one of those towns and my son played. But I  I can tell you that Coldspring's, kid for kid had more talent. Did it show up on the field, well no it didn't. Now remember you said talent. Was Shepherd a way better coached team and looked to be way stronger than Coldspring. That answer is yes. Coldspring got out coached by far two years ago. Coldspring kids quit when Shepherd didn't lay down and take a loss. I lay that blame on the coaches. I was their and seen it. Coldspring had kids on the sidelines that were way better than some that was on the field but did not play them. I agree that the well is running dry in Shepherd. That wasn't my comment. My comment was on talent and how it did not translate to the field for Coldspring. At the same time Coldspring has dropped down in a classification and still hasn't produced. So I cannot say it's  a better job. Smaller Class with same results. I think he needs to go to a bigger school and win, if you are going to move for almost the same money, it isn't worth it. Go somewhere you can make a lot more money and have way better players.

Miles is a heck of a good guy and is smart enough to make the right decision for him and his family. I will be happy for him in which ever decision he makes.

There is no doubt that Trevor Moye was a stud and deserves everything he gets. I think two years ago it was the Wright kid that torched Coldspring. Again it took the entire team both years to beat Coldspring, yes it does help have a kid like Trevor but it took them all. Oh and for one other thing, all the Sr. (and there were a lot of them) were all from Shepherd and in Jr. High did not win a game. Hell back them Tarkington was the stud team.

I will say this, it appears that on the Shepherd ISD website they are looking for 5-6 coaches for next year. Some Middle School and Some High School. That also may play a roll in what he decides to do. This will be the second or third year in a row that they replace numerous coaches. I know why Benbow left, but have no clue on the others.

43 minutes ago, idk said:

I will say this, it appears that on the Shepherd ISD website they are looking for 5-6 coaches for next year. Some Middle School and Some High School. That also may play a roll in what he decides to do. This will be the second or third year in a row that they replace numerous coaches. I know why Benbow left, but have no clue on the others.

I think between this post and the one above, you have made the case for why Miles should take the Coldsprings job. 

Oh I'm not saying he should take the Coldspring Job, lol. I think he should look at his options and either Stay in Shepherd or take the best job that fits his family. We all know he is a Coldspring boy, thats a fact, but we all know that sports has a way of turning your friends and community either in your favor or against you in the blink of an eye. I know the majority of folks in Shepherd like him as the AD and that may be a comforting factor to him. I'm just saying that sometimes returning home, you find out it isn't like it was when you left. I would like to see Miles stay in Shepherd, but at the same time there are going to be a some lean years. No matter what choice he makes I will support him and always be his friend, he was a great coach and mentor to my son. Miles is a good coach but and even greater person.

21 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

It might take both... BUT if one had to be chosen over the other:

Jims and Joes > Xs and Os.  Every time.

Most Coaches are convinced they can coach the X's and O's and can handle the discipline(at least during the season).

The Jimmy's and the Joe's are what win games and keeps those paychecks coming.

Win while you can and get out while the getting is good.

31 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Most Coaches are convinced they can coach the X's and O's and can handle the discipline(at least during the season).

The Jimmy's and the Joe's are what win games and keeps those paychecks coming.

Win while you can and get out while the getting is good.

I'd rather have Jimmy's and Joe's and get their discipline under control than have nothing but great kids but can't play a lick.  And yes I know it's very possible to have both.. insert state championship caliber teams

18 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I'd rather have Jimmy's and Joe's and get their discipline under control than have nothing but great kids but can't play a lick.  And yes I know it's very possible to have both.. insert state championship caliber teams

This is the answer to so many questions. Including why Miles would leave Shepherd to go to Coldspring.