Bi-District Predictions? 21/22-5a

9 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Honestly,  I think all of the series could go either way. Good first round matchups.

I think the Vidor/KWP series could come down to who has the best number 3 on Saturday? From the games I have seen in 22-5A pitching has not been the problem with Ned, Vidor,& PNG. Timely hitting has been an issue. I would not overlook Payne at Lumberton.

2 hours ago, pirate68 said:

I think the Vidor/KWP series could come down to who has the best number 3 on Saturday? From the games I have seen in 22-5A pitching has not been the problem with Ned, Vidor,& PNG. Timely hitting has been an issue. I would not overlook Payne at Lumberton.

I'm not, we've struggled all year at the plate against good pitching. Lumberton was smart to do a one gamer, but they'll have to hit our pitching as well. Should be alot of good games. KWP is pretty good. We had to come from behind both of our games against them.

8 hours ago, pirate68 said:

And he is the reason we wanted one game! 

1 hour ago, waltersobchak said:

exactly

porter, kp, and barbers hill are all very good ball clubs

Should be some very good games. I think the districts are pretty evenly matched this year. Vidor has had solid pitching all year but cant seem to get timely hits with runners in scoring position. From what I have read that's been a problem in 21-5A as well this year?

6 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Next year is going to be awesome. PNG, Ned, Vidor, BH, Dayton, Crosby. There's going to be some wild district games.

Its going to be a dog fight for sure. What does the Hill have coming back next year? Vidor is losing 2 senior starters.

Pirate, we actually have a pretty good group back next year. We have a freshman starter, 3 sophomore starters (Varsity), and slew of young talent on Soph and JV teams. We'll have a small senior class next year, probably only 6 or 7 seniors. 

11 hours ago, Extra Base Eagle said:

Don't sleep on 21-5a Bear

11 hours ago, Extra Base Eagle said:

Don't sleep on 21-5a Bear

I think 21-5a will make it interesting. What sad is next year very good teams will be stuck at home because its going to be one of the toughest districts in state.

Glad to be moving down. But sad we never got to compete in 21 5a. Your schools are much closer than Beaumont.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

If Porter wins today, just call me "Hilladamous" Lol

I dont see that happening if that was Porter’s #2 guy last nite. Probally gonna be a slugfest but I think PNG’s pitching will be a little deeper. But your normally pretty accurate on your picks. So who knows.