Parent files civil lawsuit against Carthage

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

This was in the fall of 2016 when the video was shared. I was taken during April of 2016. Kid wasn't even on Varsity and wasn't even the frontrunner for being QB the next season. Please leave football out of this. 

Wish I was wrong but this has everything to do with football because it appears the male football & baseball player and his family were protected and the female athlete & cheerleader were left to fend for themselves. There is no other way to view this. 

You also need to take into account that this kid was being counted on to be a star athlete from the time he and his father graced the sidelines every Thursday and Friday night when he was younger. 

It's a bad situation where alot of the people in power at Carthage hoped it would disappear and it didnt.  

On 5/10/2018 at 8:48 AM, joeisbell said:
2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

There is definitely more to life than football but I'm just talking facts. People keep talking about football cover up and the kids wasn't even a varsity Qb. Like I said before, all parties need to be punished. 

Who was QB last year when Carthage won the Championship? The year Surratt found out about the video? You are hung up on when the video was recorded. The cover-up happened later

5 hours ago, firstroundbust said:

Wish I was wrong but this has everything to do with football because it appears the male football & baseball player and his family were protected and the female athlete & cheerleader were left to fend for themselves. There is no other way to view this. 

You also need to take into account that this kid was being counted on to be a star athlete from the time he and his father graced the sidelines every Thursday and Friday night when he was younger. 

It's a bad situation where alot of the people in power at Carthage hoped it would disappear and it didnt.  

This statement perfectly sums up everything

"It's a bad situation where alot of the people in power at Carthage hoped it would disappear and it didnt." 

1 hour ago, SportsFan2030 said:

Who was QB last year when Carthage won the Championship? The year Surratt found out about the video? You are hung up on when the video was recorded. The cover-up happened later

The video was seen in the Fall of 2016. Carthage has been covering up crap like this for years. At the time it wasn't about football, it was protecting the district. 

48 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

The video was seen in the Fall of 2016. Carthage has been covering up crap like this for years. At the time it wasn't about football, it was protecting the district. 

Maybe it wasn't just football. Overall to pretend that football/sports had nothing to do with it is naive.

What would have happened if the young lady was Surratt's daughter and some random boy? Action would be taken right?

On 5/29/2018 at 6:55 PM, SportsFan2030 said:

Maybe it wasn't just football. Overall to pretend that football/sports had nothing to do with it is naive.

What would have happened if the young lady was Surratt's daughter and some random boy? Action would be taken right?

Crazy to think if it would have been on the other foot.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:28 AM, SportsFan2030 said:

You realize the difference between when the video was taken 2016...and when school was made aware 2017?

This has everything to do with football. School covered everything up in 2017. Why? Who was QB in 2017?

Are saying it happened in December of 16 and the school found out in January of 17? I strongly doubt your assertion because in my 10 plus years of teaching, if something like that happens like that at school, the school is notified through the grapevine rather quickly.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:16 AM, jv_coach said:

Are saying it happened in December of 16 and the school found out in January of 17? I strongly doubt your assertion because in my 10 plus years of teaching, if something like that happens like that at school, the school is notified through the grapevine rather quickly.

The lawsuit says the video was taken in 2016 and the parents didn’t find out about it until 2017. Sometime around Feb 17 it says they went to the school and notified them of video and it being watched and spread at school. School gave parents the run around and said for parents to talk to police if they wanted to.

School supposedly looked into it. Principal and superintendent talked to Suratt who talked to be QB who took the video and then told the parents that it was a he said she said situation...nothing they could do. 

Guest ECBucFan
1 hour ago, SportsFan2030 said:

After parents notified local PD and nothing was done there...the FBI came to town

FBI? Oh no, it will turn into a political issue. The FBI is a dumpster fire wreck right now.