Livingston is Open

When Sloan got hired at HJ he brought a dc with him that he worked with at GR.  B-Rod worked for Tullos at Cleveland as well and to my memory lives in Livingston area.  He's now the dc at the new Conroe school.  We loved him at HJ and would give Livingston something to be exited about. 

15 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Mark Moseley Field, I believe

I don't think the "Five Guys Burger" founder is going to coach in Livingston. He may have been the last great straight on kicker, but Mark does not have anything to do with Livingston anymore. If he did, you would think he would make a donation to help them build a NEW STADIUM, because that place is garbage!!

21 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I don't think the "Five Guys Burger" founder is going to coach in Livingston. He may have been the last great straight on kicker, but Mark does not have anything to do with Livingston anymore. If he did, you would think he would make a donation to help them build a NEW STADIUM, because that place is garbage!!

It's just Lions Stadium. Moseley has his jersey retired that's it. As far as the stadium, yeah the visitor's side sucks but on the home side we have nice new restrooms and concession stands. Visitor's shouldn't be made to feel comfortable anyway. It's part of home field advantage.

If the choice is a new 20-30 million dollar stadium or nice schools, give me the nice schools any day.   I only go  the stadium  4-5 times a year so I don't think it'll hurt to sit through one game every other year. Meanwhile my kids have to be in school 180 days. And the majority of kids don't play football.

I hate the bashing but truth  be told  Livingston's facilities are better than it's former and future district mates hands down outside of football.

8 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

It's just Lions Stadium. Moseley has his jersey retired that's it. As far as the stadium, yeah the visitor's side sucks but on the home side we have nice new restrooms and concession stands. Visitor's shouldn't be made to feel comfortable anyway. It's part of home field advantage.

If the choice is a new 20-30 million dollar stadium or nice schools, give me the nice schools any day.   I only go  the stadium  4-5 times a year so I don't think it'll hurt to sit through one game every other year. Meanwhile my kids have to be in school 180 days. And the majority of kids don't play football.

I hate the bashing but truth  be told  Livingston's facilities are better than it's former and future district mates hands down outside of football.

Who’s facilities are you referring too?

10 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

It's just sad that the town has so little respect for football. The NEW high school is amazing, but the original bond package had a stadium/natatorium/baseball/softball complex included, but it got voted down. The town of Livingston has very little respect for athletics and football in particular. Good luck to the Lions, hope they hire the right guy this time. Because Broussard was a complete and total failure.

24 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

um...  please do tell.

24 minutes ago, CAL2TEX said:

um...  please do tell.

The schools in the golden triangle are falling apart.  Build new schools. 

Our gym is top notch. The softball and baseball complex is great. And they're building a new track and soccer stadium. 

With one of the largest rv clubs in the country located in town the old folks will never vote for a new football stadium. So you go around and piecemeal things together.

Honestly none of kids are going pro so I'd rather they have a great school to attend.

Edited by BearEssentials97
Add more info

18 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

And our gym is top notch. Honestly none of kids are going pro so I'd rather they have a great school to attend.

Well I’m assuming you havnt been to LCM in awhile our high school has been totally redone they took out the quad lol, jr high, elementary have all been redone. Our supertendant 56 millon dollar budget was probably closer to 100 millon. Now our football, baseball and softball field  are the same. Our new gym is nice. 

51 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Our gym is top notch. The softball and baseball complex is great. And they're building a new track and soccer stadium. 

With one of the largest rv clubs in the country located in town the old folks will never vote for a new football stadium. So you go around and piecemeal things together.

Honestly none of kids are going pro so I'd rather they have a great school to attend.

Is the new track/soccer complex going to have turf?

Glad you are happy with what is going on in Livingston, because accepting below average is why they are in the position they are in right now.

52 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Is the new track/soccer complex going to have turf?

Glad you are happy with what is going on in Livingston, because accepting below average is why they are in the position they are in right now.

1 hour ago, LC-M said:

Well I’m assuming you havnt been to LCM in awhile our high school has been totally redone they took out the quad lol, jr high, elementary have all been redone. Our supertendant 56 millon dollar budget was probably closer to 100 millon. Now our football, baseball and softball field  are the same. Our new gym is nice. 

Ive been by. Its nice. But the Grove isn't better than our gym. I'm glad they rebuilt LCM. And I'm proud of the job that was done. May it last another 40 years.  Geaux Bears.

Am I happy with the athletic department and the success it's had. It could be better. The girls are highly successful and the boys will be better. As for the turf; ain't nothing better than grass if you can grow it.

At the end of the day if my tax dollars have to go-to something I'd rather it go to the school books and teacher instead of Athletics..

2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

It's just sad that the town has so little respect for football. The NEW high school is amazing, but the original b

nd package had a stadium/natatorium/baseball/softball complex included, but it got voted down. The town of Livingston has very little respect for athletics and football in particular. Good luck to the Lions, hope they hire the right guy this time. Because Broussard was a complete and total failure.

1 hour ago, CAL2TEX said:

um...  please do tell.

And our gym is top notch. Honestly none of kids are going pro so I'd rather they have a great school to attend.

1 hour ago, LC-M said:

I've been by. It looks great! I'm so proud for LCM. May it stand another 40 years. But the Grove isn't better than our gym. I say this as an LCM alum. Geaux Bears.

9 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Ive been by. Its nice. But the Grove isn't better than our gym. I'm glad they rebuilt LCM. And I'm proud of the job that was done. May it last another 40 years.  Geaux Bears.

Am I happy with the athletic department and the success it's had. It could be better. The girls are highly successful and the boys will be better. As for the turf; ain't nothing better than grass if you can grow it.

At the end of the day if my tax dollars have to go-to something I'd rather it go to the school books and teacher instead of Athletics..

I don't think anyone on here is going to contest against new schools or academic facilities. However, I'd be quicker to support a new football field/stadium before a soccer one. Also, while you're building all new facilities, why not include an upgrade to the football field? It doesn't have to what Allen, Katy, Clear Creek or Cy-Fair has. But, you could upgrade the quality of the stands, pressbox, track and field for a reasonable price (in terms of upgrades or new construction are concerned).

Schools like Shelbyville, Center, San Augustine, Cathage, Beckville...etc all have simple, nice stadiums with upgrades. Why not Livingston?

12 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

The gym was a let down and probably mismanaged by Pauline Hargrove which she is retiring and depending on who comes in could possibly change the AD. I think next year could be interesting for LCM

20 minutes ago, The Icon said:

I don't think anyone on here is going to contest against new schools or academic facilities. However, I'd be quicker to support a new football field/stadium before a soccer one. Also, while you're building all new facilities, why not include an upgrade to the football field? It doesn't have to what Allen, Katy, Clear Creek or Cy-Fair has. But, you could upgrade the quality of the stands, pressbox, track and field for a reasonable price (in terms of upgrades or new construction are concerned).

Schools like Shelbyville, Center, San Augustine, Cathage, Beckville...etc all have simple, nice stadiums with upgrades. Why not Livingston?

Old rv people will shoot it down.  Trust me it's been tried.  They vote to fix the schools but won't raise taxes for sports. Hence the run around on building new facility out of petty cash.