Allen DeShazo Named New Bridge City HC/AD!

10 minutes ago, Stringman said:

Well it definitely would be nice then for someone to enlighten us on why they had such a problem with coach Dubois. 

I would certainly like an answer to that as well. 

But remember, with the possible exception of Newton, every coach in the area has a contingent of the community that has a "problem" with the current coach and in many places it is larger than you think.

BC isn’t a football town. The kids, PARENTS, and community aren’t willing to do what it takes to have a winning program. I mean, they wouldn’t mind winning... unless it meant getting sweaty. 

Coach Dubois is, in my opinion, easily one of the top ten “x &o”coaches in the area, and the absolute best leader of young men. BC will not likely see another coach of his caliber in our future. 

Band parents didn’t like that he had the band  removed from the sidelines during the actual games... so they complained. There were too many “why don’t they throw the ball more... we’ve already ran that play five times” from Day One. Ummm... because BC isn’t a qb factory. Year before last we beat teams with multiple D1 recruits with a bunch of kids that had one kid move one to play at a D2 school. One. That’s coaching. 

A lot of heat came up last year when one of the star players was injured in practice. The parents were very vocal in blaming Coach Dubois for that injury... plenty of others were quick to join in. 

I’d have gone back to HJ, too  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

A lot of heat came up last year when one of the star players was injured in practice. The parents were very vocal in blaming Coach Dubois for that injury... plenty of others were quick to join in. 

I’d have gone back to HJ, too  

The question is, was one of those STAR players hurt in an unnecessary drill?

Was this STAR football player also a STAR baseball player?

Did both of DuBois kids graduate?

Was there a POWER struggle between football and baseball? Because if there was, then Baseball was always going to win that battle in BC.