Allen DeShazo Named New Bridge City HC/AD!

6 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

You got some names?

Is the BC leadership open to changing to a more modern, wide open offense?

Would some of the baseball studs play if they did open it up?

I’ve got nothing. I’ve heard mention that Deshazo might stay on and carry on the Slot T, but I don’t know. 

They might try, but we don’t have the personnel. Stump ran a spread with a lot of 4 receiver sets and we were horrific. There just aren’t any kids with the skill set to move the ball down the field in the spread.  I’d like to see them cultivate a passing game out of the Slot T. Kinda like the team that beat WOS in December. 

I doubt it. Most of the baseball kids are the sons of guys who should have played in the bigs if they hadn’t gotten screwed by their high school coach. We have a long tradition of baseball-only athletes. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’ve got nothing. I’ve heard mention that Deshazo might stay on and carry on the Slot T, but I don’t know. 

They might try, but we don’t have the personnel. Stump ran a spread with a lot of 4 receiver sets and we were horrific. There just aren’t any kids with the skill set to move the ball down the field in the spread.  I’d like to see them cultivate a passing game out of the Slot T. Kinda like the team that beat WOS in December. 

I doubt it. Most of the baseball kids are the sons of guys who should have played in the bigs if they hadn’t gotten screwed by their high school coach. We have a long tradition of baseball-only athletes. 

^^ lol

28 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

^^ lol

we had one of the best pitchers in Little League growing up tore his knee up in the 3rd grade  could have gone far in the Bigs too.

That is hilarious - feel bad for those sons of possible big leaguers - can you imagine the BS they are hearing from their Dad

How many "big leaguers from BC have actually gone to MLB???????

7 minutes ago, Whoa said:

we had one of the best pitchers in Little League growing up tore his knee up in the 3rd grade  could have gone far in the Bigs too.

That is hilarious - feel bad for those sons of possible big leaguers - can you imagine the BS they are hearing from their Dad

How many "big leaguers from BC have actually gone to MLB???????

Oh, I can imagine.  I literally laughed out loud when I read it.  What's even worse is that there are quite a few people that believe it.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is gold.

16 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Not that I have seen and no special school board meetings set to conduct interviews. Was anything discussed last night at the school board meeting or did they just canvass election results?

Well, the future AD has been too busy coaching the baseball team in the playoffs to make a decision. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well, the future AD has been too busy coaching the baseball team in the playoffs to make a decision. 

Baseball coach is a good dude, not sure if you want the head football coach to also be the head coach of another sport. My opinion.