Bridge City 4 Dallardsville Big Sandy 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 minutes ago, WhenitMattersMost said:

This game had me confused.  Why was it played?  Just curious. Or am I missing something.

Both teams had something to gain. For Coach Hooker, aside from the Evadale game, his guys haven't really been tested since district started and this game gives him the opportunity to do that.

Both coaches, it allows guys who might have not gotten a lot of time on the mound in district to get that time as they will probably be needed when the playoffs come around due to the pitch count and the potential of 3 games in 2 days and they get that time against some quality hitters.

41 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Both teams had something to gain. For Coach Hooker, aside from the Evadale game, his guys haven't really been tested since district started and this game gives him the opportunity to do that.

Both coaches, it allows guys who might have not gotten a lot of time on the mound in district to get that time as they will probably be needed when the playoffs come around due to the pitch count and the potential of 3 games in 2 days and they get that time against some quality hitters.

Thanks.  Kinda what I was thinking.  Just seemed weird for Bridgecity in the middle of district.  But if you’re not using your top arms it makes sense.

8 minutes ago, WhenitMattersMost said:

Thanks.  Kinda what I was thinking.  Just seemed weird for Bridgecity in the middle of district.  But if you’re not using your top arms it makes sense.

Looking at the Cardinals and what is at stake tonight, I also wondered if Coach Landry had second thoughts about scheduling this game.  But I am quite sure he managed the game so as to accomplish what he wanted to while not jeopardizing the district title.

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Looking at the Cardinals and what is at stake tonight, I also wondered if Coach Landry had second thoughts about scheduling this game.  But I am quite sure he managed the game so as to accomplish what he wanted to while not jeopardizing the district title.

4 different kids threw, with pitch counts being kept low, as to not interfere with tonight's game vs Orangefield.