Magazine, The New Yorker Slams Chick-fil-a

Hagar

Chick-Fil-A has the best product and the best service in comparison with its competitors (imo of course).   In the end, that’s why they are and will continue to be successful.  I never cease to be amazed at how well and gracefully they handle huge crowds, especially in the drive through.  

The fact that they are Christian-owned is a nice aside for me.  But if their food and service was like many FF joints I could name, I wouldn’t patronize them either.  

You can agree or disagree with Chick-Fil-A or Starbucks’ politics.   But neither of them are going anywhere, absent some very agregious mismanagement.  

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Worshipping on Sunday won’t keep you out of Heaven...it’s not a Kingdom issue.

Cut out the legalism, just get them in the door...you’re sounding like a Pharisee.

If a person unknowingly worships on sunday it will not keep them out of heaven.  Obeying God is a kingdom issue.  If you know not to kill it is not legalism.  If you know and keep the true sabbath it is not legalism either. Legalism is obeying man's laws.  Sunday worship is a man made law.

On 6/12/2018 at 7:03 AM, baddog said:

Let's see. Help me if I miss a few. In this country we can say the president is giving Putin BJ's, threaten to blow up the White House, show images of the president decapitated, say "F" Trump on national TV, allow illegal aliens to run loose, even with criminal records, disgrace the American flag and National Anthem, and all that sets right with the left. But say one thing bad about queer it refuse your services to them, then you have tread on their rights. What about everyone else's rights. We have them you know.

Even the left should see how stupid this is.

I've seen people on the right say and print things just as bad or worse. 

This country is headed for another civl war.

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

Have mercy, it seems like some denominations have one point they pick out of the whole Bible that makes them superior to all others.  Smh

I was harangued  about how I felt about chic fil a. You wanted to know what I thought.  There it is. 

I feel they are put on a superiority pedestal because they close on the first day of the week.  

7 hours ago, Kountzer said:

If a person unknowingly worships on sunday it will not keep them out of heaven.  Obeying God is a kingdom issue.  If you know not to kill it is not legalism.  If you know and keep the true sabbath it is not legalism either. Legalism is obeying man's laws.  Sunday worship is a man made law.

The Jews worshipped every day...rested one.

32 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The Jews worshipped every day...rested one.

This is the hidden content, please
1"'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: The gate of the inner court facing east is to be shut on the six working days, but on the Sabbath day and on the day of the New Moon it is to be opened.

Per Ezk 46:1 and other places, the 7th day was the sabbath, the other 6 days were working days.

3 hours ago, Kountzer said:

If you feel thet the bible is not the word of God you can always go the the koran.

Never said that.  You made a statement about some words, like Sunday, not being in the Bible.  And I said the "word" Bible wasn't in the Bible.  Making your point mute.

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

1"'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: The gate of the inner court facing east is to be shut on the six working days, but on the Sabbath day and on the day of the New Moon it is to be opened.

Per Ezk 46:1 and other places, the 7th day was the sabbath, the other 6 days were working days.

Who determines that Monday is not the first working day, making Sunday the Sabbath?  I've never read that the first day, when God created the heavens and the earth, was Sunday.  In your quoted scripture, I cannot find where Saturday is the Sabbath.  

“Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ” (

). 

1 hour ago, mat said:

The Jewish Sabbath was abolished at the cross where Christ “canceled the written code, with its regulations” (

).

There were two types of sabbaths. Now there is only one, the seventh day sabbath.  The ceremonial law and the ceremonial sabbaths were abolished at the cross.  The weekly 7th day sabbath, which is part of the 10 commandments was not.

If the 7th day sabbath was abolished at the cross then Jesus Christ would not have prophetically warned against fleeing on the sabbath during the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70.   Also, the apostle Paul kept the sabbath well after the cross as stated in Acts 17:2.