Magazine, The New Yorker Slams Chick-fil-a

Hagar

17 hours ago, Kountzer said:

read it again:

Personally I don't pay much attention to the company, one way or the other.  Most people pat them on the back for not opening on Sundays.  As a sabbatarian I think they picked the wrong sabbath, the false sabbath, but that is not controversial, being that most people recognize the wrong sabbath.  I don't hold it against them.  I am certain God will straighten out the sabbath issue, in due time.

So if that’s not controversial, what are the “this and that” views you referred to?

56 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So if that’s not controversial, what are the “this and that” views you referred to?

People on this msg board love to push you into a corner then pounce on you verbally. That's a crazy way to do stuff.  Honestly i don't pay much attention to chic fil a.  Have I said that before?  I think I have. 

There is this really old mall not far from work.  They had a full sized chic fil a in there.  Occasionally I ate there. But they closed the mall and chic fil a moved further down the highway.  There is a lot of construction on that highway so I don't go to that chic fil a  often.  There is another one close to my house but it stays super busy.  When I have time on Sundays they are closed.

That's it.  You need to find someone that has real beef with that restaurant and convince them to hang out of this thread.  Good luck with that. 

5 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

People on this msg board love to push you into a corner then pounce on you verbally. That's a crazy way to do stuff.  Honestly i don't pay much attention to chic fil a.  Have I said that before?  I think I have. 

There is this really old mall not far from work.  They had a full sized chic fil a in there.  Occasionally I ate there. But they closed the mall and chic fil a moved further down the highway.  There is a lot of construction on that highway so I don't go to that chic fil a  often.  There is another one close to my house but it stays super busy.  When I have time on Sundays they are closed.

That's it.  You need to find someone that has real beef with that restaurant and convince them to hang out of this thread.  Good luck with that. 

You made a statement that Chic-fil-A had controversial views on this and that and I simply asked you to explain.  You came up with a lame excuse for not being able to back up your statements AGAIN by saying you were pushed into a corner. If you don’t want to debate, why post?

So, can you answer the question and back up your statement or not?

15 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You made a statement that Chic-fil-A had controversial views on this and that and I simply asked you to explain.  You came up with a lame excuse for not being able to back up your statements AGAIN by saying you were pushed into a corner. If you don’t want to debate, why post?

No.  Read, surf the internet.  Whatever peripheral info I heard can be easily picked up by anyone.  Get a life dude.

38 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Did you honestly think an answer was coming? Me either.

You don't need my opinion, which is just my opinion.  Time will tell.  Just hold your spot.  Time, along with the flames, will reveal all things.   Lib vs conservative is not the ultimate dichotomy.  The ultimate dichotomy is did it or did this person make it to life eternal or did they get burned up in the flames.   In due time it will come to that, sooner than you think.  You good "God fearing" conservatives got you bibles, don't you?  It says right there in Matthew 12: 36, 37 than every word will be judged.  Every accusation, every attempted character assassination, all of it will be judged.  So, I'm saying wait it out.  It will be revealed to you, in due time.

6 hours ago, Kountzer said:

You don't need my opinion, which is just my opinion.  Time will tell.  Just hold your spot.  Time, along with the flames, will reveal all things.   Lib vs conservative is not the ultimate dichotomy.  The ultimate dichotomy is did it or did this person make it to life eternal or did they get burned up in the flames.   In due time it will come to that, sooner than you think.  You good "God fearing" conservatives got you bibles, don't you?  It says right there in Matthew 12: 36, 37 than every word will be judged.  Every accusation, every attempted character assassination, all of it will be judged.  So, I'm saying wait it out.  It will be revealed to you, in due time.

And you just can’t wait until we get ours, right?

Your religion has a strange form of evangelism.

• 1 month later...

Looks like I know what I’m having for lunch now.  

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on Sunday expressed regret over eating at Chick-fil-A, because of the chicken company's CEO's personal views on gay marriage.

Dorsey tweeted a screenshot from his phone that showed a purchase he had made at Chick-fil-A using a mobile application. After a liberal backlash, however, Dorsey apologized for eating at the popular fast food restaurant.

<snip>

Former CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien was among those to call out Dorsey for eating at the self-described home of the original chicken sandwich.

O'Brien indicated that Dorsey had sinned by publicly eating at Chick-fil-A during gay pride month.

This is the hidden content, please

30 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Looks like I know what I’m having for lunch now.  

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on Sunday expressed regret over eating at Chick-fil-A, because of the chicken company's CEO's personal views on gay marriage.

Dorsey tweeted a screenshot from his phone that showed a purchase he had made at Chick-fil-A using a mobile application. After a liberal backlash, however, Dorsey apologized for eating at the popular fast food restaurant.

<snip>

Former CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien was among those to call out Dorsey for eating at the self-described home of the original chicken sandwich.

O'Brien indicated that Dorsey had sinned by publicly eating at Chick-fil-A during gay pride month.

This is the hidden content, please

I don't think Chick-fil-A gives two craps as to liberals not eating at their restaurants.  I have yet to go to one that is not crazy busy.  Sure seems there are far more conservatives than nut job liberals around.

I ate at Chick-fil-a the other day and their drive though service was so efficient and the level of courtesy was so impressive it makes me just want to go again. Not to mention good food. Other fast foods could learn some things from them.

That restaurant serves unhealthy fast food just like the other fast food restaurants.  They shut down on Sundays which is not the true day of worship or rest.  Try shutting down on the day called Saturday, aka the 7th day, the true sabbath day then I'd be impressed.  Shutting down on Sunday is easy.

Let's see. Help me if I miss a few. In this country we can say the president is giving Putin BJ's, threaten to blow up the White House, show images of the president decapitated, say "F" Trump on national TV, allow illegal aliens to run loose, even with criminal records, disgrace the American flag and National Anthem, and all that sets right with the left. But say one thing bad about queer it refuse your services to them, then you have tread on their rights. What about everyone else's rights. We have them you know.

Even the left should see how stupid this is.

6 hours ago, baddog said:

Let's see. Help me if I miss a few. In this country we can say the president is giving Putin BJ's, threaten to blow up the White House, show images of the president decapitated, say "F" Trump on national TV, allow illegal aliens to run loose, even with criminal records, disgrace the American flag and National Anthem, and all that sets right with the left. But say one thing bad about queer it refuse your services to them, then you have tread on their rights. What about everyone else's rights. We have them you know.

Even the left should see how stupid this is.

lol...good luck with that.  :)

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:17 AM, Kountzer said:

I’ll answer for him on why the company is controversial, since he doesn’t seem to know.  The reason is, because it was owned by a Christian, S. Truett Cathy.  A Christian who walked the walk, attending & teaching Sunday School for 50 years at the First Baptist Church in Jonesboro, Georgia.  The company’s values are influenced by his Christian beliefs.  Because of his Christian values, the Left, and many Democrats, think it’s controversial.  That shouldn’t surprise anyone since they boo’ed God at the 2012 Democratic Convention.