Magazine, The New Yorker Slams Chick-fil-a

Hagar

15 minutes ago, REBgp said:

This is the hidden content, please

From the Article:   "Worse than a load of manure on the F train.  Why?  The main reason - "In no small part by its pervasive Christian traditionalism".   As a Christian, I find that extremely offensive, but such is hypocrisy of the left.

It is offensive...but Christians and conservatives handle being offended like big boys and girls and let it go.

Libs, on the other hand, demand that something must be done if they are offended (can't take up for themselves, I assume).

I am so sick of snowflakes and crybabies.

5 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Why do liberals insist on stomping on Christians and Christianity?  

Christianity is on the Left's hit list.  Evidenced by all the LGBT folks, Abortion clinics, etc.. For the left to succeed, they must reduce Christians to a minority.  And they're just about there.

7 hours ago, REBgp said:

This is the hidden content, please

From the Article:   "Worse than a load of manure on the F train.  Why?  The main reason - "In no small part by its pervasive Christian traditionalism".   As a Christian, I find that extremely offensive, but such is hypocrisy of the left.

I saw a picture today in an article  of so-called Christian fundamentalist clapping and supporting Trump. Such hypocrisy!!!

15 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

May I suggest you guys make appointments for mental competency tests. Something is not computing. 

It is very obvious of who is need of a mental competency test. Since you consider yourself enlightened enough to make a judgment about mental competency of others, do you think that a person who makes an accusation then runs when challenged to provide supporting evidence is mentally competent? I'm curious to get a diagnosis from an undocumented psychologist.

49 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I saw a picture today in an article  of so-called Christian fundamentalist clapping and supporting Trump. Such hypocrisy!!!

What is so pathetic about it, New York has been, and still is, the melting pot of this country.  For a magazine in that city (of all cities) to be critical of Christians is absurd.  Especially since this country was fought for, and created, predominantly by Christians.  Reckon you'd be upset if they complained about the NAACP opening an office in New York?

On 4/17/2018 at 6:24 PM, REBgp said:

What is so pathetic about it, New York has been, and still is, the melting pot of this country.  For a magazine in that city (of all cities) to be critical of Christians is absurd.  Especially since this country was fought for, and created, predominantly by Christians.  Reckon you'd be upset if they complained about the NAACP opening an office in New York?

I don't know the history of the NAACP but their first office was probably opened in NYC.  before any of us were born.

3 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I don't know the history of the NAACP but their first office was probably opened in NYC.  before any of us were born.

Probably was.  That was just a hypothetical scenario.  Try this one - The New Yorker features an article that says, Having Seventh Day Adventist coming in to New York is like having a load of manure on the F train, in an attempt to rid the city of anyone that's a member.  Or imagine the outcry from the left if they wrote an article saying the same thing about the LGBT community?  

con·tro·ver·sial

ˌkäntrəˈvərSHəl,ˌkäntrəˈvərsēəl/

adjective

giving rise or likely to give rise to public disagreement.  

There is the definition of controversial.  I heard via media that some of what chic fil a believes is controversial.  The same media I read you can read yourself.  

Personally I don't pay much attention to the company, one way or the other.  Most people pat them on the back for not opening on Sundays.  As a sabbatarian I think they picked the wrong sabbath, the false sabbath, but that is not controversial, being that most people recognize the wrong sabbath.  I don't hold it against them.  I am certain God will straighten out the sabbath issue, in due time.

19 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

con·tro·ver·sial

ˌkäntrəˈvərSHəl,ˌkäntrəˈvərsēəl/

adjective

giving rise or likely to give rise to public disagreement.  

There is the definition of controversial.  I heard via media that some of what chic fil a believes is controversial.  The same media I read you can read yourself.  

Personally I don't pay much attention to the company, one way or the other.  Most people pat them on the back for not opening on Sundays.  As a sabbatarian I think they picked the wrong sabbath, the false sabbath, but that is not controversial, being that most people recognize the wrong sabbath.  I don't hold it against them.  I am certain God will straighten out the sabbath issue, in due time.

Do you actually believe that we can't see your avoidance of the question? The childish deflection is just comical.

So let's try this again. What controversial views are you alluding to? Are you actually stating that worshipping on Sunday is a controvertible view in America? Please tell me you have something else. And please, please, please tell me you can back up your statements at least on this one. You are o'fer so far. Please get on the scoreboard and give us a cogent defense of your "controversial" statements.

read it again:

Personally I don't pay much attention to the company, one way or the other.  Most people pat them on the back for not opening on Sundays.  As a sabbatarian I think they picked the wrong sabbath, the false sabbath, but that is not controversial, being that most people recognize the wrong sabbath.  I don't hold it against them.  I am certain God will straighten out the sabbath issue, in due time.

9 hours ago, Kountzer said:

read it again:

Personally I don't pay much attention to the company, one way or the other.  Most people pat them on the back for not opening on Sundays.  As a sabbatarian I think they picked the wrong sabbath, the false sabbath, but that is not controversial, being that most people recognize the wrong sabbath.  I don't hold it against them.  I am certain God will straighten out the sabbath issue, in due time.

So "most people" are wrong, but not you?