Coleman to Humble Summer Creek?

1 hour ago, JayBilas said:

Well guys, these are the rumblings around SE Texas. Any validity to these? I know it sounds very on point to me! RCS sports reported this one...the United rumor is just that, so I won’t discuss that one.

Summer Creek must be paying pretty good and have some great facilities along with a great place to stay for 2 head PA coaches to leave in the same school year...

From the Desk of the Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Mark Porterie:

"The Port Arthur Independent School District is proud of the work of the employees, students and parents as they move forward in the school year.  We are extremely proud of the Athletic Department in their quest for excellence and it has proven to be an exciting year.  

We have been made aware of conversations on social media concerning a perceived personnel issue with members of our Athletic Department. The District has no knowledge of nor have we been contacted directly concerning any such issues. We support Coach Coleman as well as our entire Athletic Department and we are excited about the future that lies ahead. There has been no conversation between Coach Coleman and the administration concerning his departure and we dispute those claims wholeheartedly. As leaders in education in Port Arthur, it is imperative that we dispute these types of claims before they continue to spread. Our basketball team performed extremely well this season and they rightfully earned their place as champions. Let us continue to rally around them, Coach Coleman and all of our student athletes so that we can continue to give them the positive experience they rightfully deserve. 

We look forward to an exciting athletic season next year and we will continue to excite the fans of the PAISD."

That means absolutely NOTHING. If he decides to take the job there they will be notified during the process, which has not even started yet!  The Port Arthur Superintendent will have to get ready to show Coach Coleman the money if they want him to stay! Him going to Summer Creek is not a stretch, especially if he can give himself a raise by changing his commute from an hour and change to FIVE MINUTES.  It would not be bad if he stayed, I'm just looking at the logistics of it all.  It just makes sense.

7 minutes ago, BIG SHOW said:

This would be a smart move for him. He's a good coach and would do great there. Leave while your on top. Memorial will be in a rebuilding phase and will struggle. I look forward to seeing Nederland giving them a couple L's next season. 

Are you serious???  Wow...

11 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Are you serious???  Wow...

Sure!!! Why not.  Would it not be a good move for him? If it's better pay? And he lives in Humble. Also, isn't Memorial losing like 12 Seniors? And yes Hefner will lead Nederland in beating Memorial but I forget Hefner is over rated and trash in your eyes. 

7 minutes ago, BIG SHOW said:

Sure!!! Why not.  Would it not be a good move for him? If it's better pay? And he lives in Humble. Also, isn't Memorial losing like 12 Seniors? And yes Hefner will lead Nederland in beating Memorial but I forget Hefner is over rated and trash in your eyes. 

Memorial still has championship pedigree on that team.  I think they'll be ridiculously good next year as well. Memorial also won't be lacking defense.  A defense that Nederland had NOTHING for in district play.... And no need to mention Hefner in this debate because obviously you have no clue how he fared against Memorial this year.

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Memorial still has championship pedigree on that team.  I think they'll be ridiculously good next year as well. Memorial also won't be lacking defense.  A defense that Nederland had NOTHING for in district play.... And no need to mention Hefner in this debate because obviously you have no clue how he fared against Memorial this year.

I'm aware of his struggles this past season vs Memorial. That was a state championship team with a lot of seniors that have played 3 years of basketball. I will admit that Memorial will have a good post that has a ton of potential that could cause a lot of issues for Nederland but to be completely honest I think they split next year but I hope we get the double dip. 

4 minutes ago, BIG SHOW said:

I'm aware of his struggles this past season vs Memorial. That was a state championship team with a lot of seniors that have played 3 years of basketball. I will admit that Memorial will have a good post that has a ton of potential that could cause a lot of issues for Nederland but to be completely honest I think they split next year but I hope we get the double dip. 

I don't know about that.  This the same team that struggled with PN-G TWICE....

1 hour ago, BIG SHOW said:

This would be a smart move for him. He's a good coach and would do great there. Leave while your on top. Memorial will be in a rebuilding phase and will struggle. I look forward to seeing Nederland giving them a couple L's next season. 

Port Arthur's jv would have made the playoffs and beat the brakes off Nederland. They would have given Ozen and Central a decent game. Nederland ain't beating Memorial next season.