Do y'all think WOS going to 4peat in 2018

WOSFAN99

I seen the roster of Wos and they have alot of players coming back so I think it's going to be a long road for the Mustangs but I think they going to go to state again and wins it we been proven wrong for the pass 4 years that the Mustangs wasn't clear going to state but every 4 years they made it to state and I think they going to win big

45 minutes ago, WOSFAN99 said:

I seen the roster of Wos and they have alot of players coming back so I think it's going to be a long road for the Mustangs but I think they going to go to state again and wins it we been proven wrong for the pass 4 years that the Mustangs wasn't clear going to state but every 4 years they made it to state and I think they going to win big

You do know it would be a “5 peat” if they made in 2018 it would 5th straight year. 

With the 4a split, I don’t know if there is a team out there that will keep the Mustangs from Jerry World for the foreseeable future. Silsbee? Jasper? Wimberly? Cuero? I just don’t see it. There is some teams in R1 and 2 that can beat them, but I don’t see anybody on the other side. This thing is going to last a longtime. The split divisions probably helped WOS more than any other team out there. 

9 minutes ago, Dawgs12345 said:

With the 4a split, I don’t know if there is a team out there that will keep the Mustangs from Jerry World for the foreseeable future. Silsbee? Jasper? Wimberly? Cuero? I just don’t see it. There is some teams in R1 and 2 that can beat them, but I don’t see anybody on the other side. This thing is going to last a longtime. The split divisions probably helped WOS more than any other team out there. 

I agree. They wouldn’t have beat some d1

1 hour ago, LC-M said:

I agree. They wouldn’t have beat some d1

It depends on how the old format would’ve played out. Before the split they took the top 4 teams from the district to the playoffs then the top 2 enrollment wise went to D1 and the other 2 went DII (if I remember correctly). So it wasn’t always fair to some of the schools that were playing up in D1 with a very low enrollment. It was just more mixed up. I liked it a lot better. To tell you the truth I wish 4a was not split at all. Let’em play. Schools like WOS, Gilmer, Carthage, and Argyle can play with anybody even with low enrollments. I think this is the only class in the state where enrollment doesn’t play a major roll to who wins. Carthage and WOS are the most successful programs over the last 3 years, and they are both very low on enrollment. I think Carthage will be the smallest school in D1 this coming year. Play in a district with Henderson and Kilgore where those towns have populations ~13,000 and enrollments of 950 and 1120. Little ol’ Carthage with a population of under 7k gives them all the want. WOS is the same way.

4 hours ago, Dawgs12345 said:

That's what I'm saying they should be ripping this division apart like they are doing 

3 hours ago, Dawgs12345 said:

It depends on how the old format would’ve played out. Before the split they took the top 4 teams from the district to the playoffs then the top 2 enrollment wise went to D1 and the other 2 went DII (if I remember correctly). So it wasn’t always fair to some of the schools that were playing up in D1 with a very low enrollment. It was just more mixed up. I liked it a lot better. To tell you the truth I wish 4a was not split at all. Let’em play. Schools like WOS, Gilmer, Carthage, and Argyle can play with anybody even with low enrollments. I think this is the only class in the state where enrollment doesn’t play a major roll to who wins. Carthage and WOS are the most successful programs over the last 3 years, and they are both very low on enrollment. I think Carthage will be the smallest school in D1 this coming year. Play in a district with Henderson and Kilgore where those towns have populations ~13,000 and enrollments of 950 and 1120. Little ol’ Carthage with a population of under 7k gives them all the want. WOS is the same way.

Ok let's go back to one division and cut the b s out it should be that way to have one true champion win or we would know what's what. None of the other sports do it so why does football has too?

6 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

"Nothing but trash out there".  Lord, its great to  be humble.

U worry about that junk over there in png I have a pair and I'm tired of people saying we r winning ghost championships because we're not in d1 so y hold my tongue, I love my town and my school and I will defend it til the day I die and when I do buried me at the end of the endzone of coach Thompson stadium. Apologies to the administration if said anything foul 

2 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Ok let's go back to one division and cut the b s out it should be that way to have one true champion win or we would know what's what. None of the other sports do it so why does football has too?

MONEY is one of the main reason and from the UIL standpoint, the only reason that matters. More games, more money for their pockets. The days of only the top two teams making the playoffs and one champion in all the divisions are gone and will not be coming back any time soon if ever. As long as the money is flowing in, the UIL will keep it that way. IMO

I always enjoy and want WOS to play every year at the state even into playoff as well. Do I believe that WOS can win this year or next 3 years? Yes I do even fans do BUT it all up to boys play well in game. Sometime that night and boys decide not play hard or no heart to play. It all about HEART and PASSION. Simple that. 

I really can't wait watch football season start. 

Things can change so fast. I know of a team that won a state title four years ago and will probably not make the playoffs this year. No division changes, no new district... they just fell off of a cliff. 

You might have heard of them.

They’re the West Orange Stark Mustangs Baseball team.  

The Mustangs have had an incredible run, but things can definitely turn for the worse.  The good news is that “worse” for WOS will probably mean a DC and four rounds... just no  title game. 

2 hours ago, WO-S 89 said:
6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Things can change so fast. I know of a team that won a state title four years ago and will probably not make the playoffs this year. No division changes, no new district... they just fell off of a cliff. 

You might have heard of them.

They’re the West Orange Stark Mustangs Baseball team.  

Your going to stir the pot