GCM

13 minutes ago, sportsfan2017 said:

GC coach is a good coach, they players are the ones playing, 6a baseball you have to have really good pitching to win that's just the way it is. When yall were in 5a yall were really good and could get in the playoffs with 2-3 good guys, but 6a you have to have 5 guys that you can count on. 

You're telling me you have to have 5 quality pitchers to win in 6A?

1 hour ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

You're telling me you have to have 5 quality pitchers to win in 6A?

I am telling you have to have really good pitching I never said 5 quality pitchers. I will say you have to have 2 above average starters to make the playoffs, a good relief guy that can shut down the door and 2 guys who can come in and be long relief guys in 6a and compete in a tough district . Also you have to have some guys who can  come in and be able to pitch at that level in case you have injuries, if yall have the same type of pitching yall had at the 5a level then I can see why yall are struggling at the 6a level. It isn't the coaches fault I can promise you that because the guy did a good job when they were in Nederland, Lumberton, PNG, Vidor district. 

15 minutes ago, sportsfan2017 said:

I am telling you have to have really good pitching I never said 5 quality pitchers. I will say you have to have 2 above average starters to make the playoffs, a good relief guy that can shut down the door and 2 guys who can come in and be long relief guys in 6a and compete in a tough district . Also you have to have some guys who can  come in and be able to pitch at that level in case you have injuries, if yall have the same type of pitching yall had at the 5a level then I can see why yall are struggling at the 6a level. It isn't the coaches fault I can promise you that because the guy did a good job when they were in Nederland, Lumberton, PNG, Vidor district. 

You can place the blame wherever you want. The fact is, this team has underachieved.

28 minutes ago, sportsfan2017 said:

Its more then just wins and loses. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan2017 said:

Sportsfan2017 I agree with you, but at the end of the day these two just flat out don't like the coach, never approves of his decisions so no matter what at the end of the day it will always be his fault.  GCM Baseball will continue with or without you in the GCM program.

13 minutes ago, BaytownFan said:

Sportsfan2017 I agree with you, but at the end of the day these two just flat out don't like the coach, never approves of his decisions so no matter what at the end of the day it will always be his fault.  GCM Baseball will continue with or without you in the GCM program.

Just out of curiosity how well do you know the baseball program? No where did I or have you ever seen me say I did not like the baseball coach.

If anyone can look at the talent on this team the past two years and say this program hasn't underachieved go ahead.  They have plenty of talent at all 3 levels. Varsity beat Kingwood.  They have talent.  

I agree with Ranger, I believe they have under achieved the last 2 years. They have been loaded with talented individual players but not sure they play as a team. This year they have 2 pitchers commited to D1 schools and a catcher with the some of the fastest pop times in the class of 2019 and miss playoffs.

We (BH) played almost all 6A teams in non district. The pitching is about same as 5A. It's not GCM pitching, if I was to take a wild guess, they don't play as a team. We beat 2 of the 5 top teams in that district and scrimmaged 2 other of the top teams. We have only one D1 kid that didn't even pitch in any of those games. Pitching is important, but I doubt that's the issue.

5 hours ago, LGbaseball94 said:

I know the GCM coach. My son doesn’t attend there and he’s helped him out putting him in contact with multiple college coaches. I suspect there isn’t a “team” atmosphere at the players level. 

And who's fault is that?

19 hours ago, GCMNation5 said:

I feel like its not getting any better cause we have very good quality kids quitting every year.  

Why are they quitting?

Kids want to be coached, not demeaned.

Big difference between getting on a kid for not being coach-able and putting a kid down.

Criticize the performance and question the effort all you want, that is what coaches are supposed to do.

Make the players better and if they aren't willing to get better then good riddance.  

Lol I’m gonna quit highschool ball because I don’t like the coach. Get out of town. Let me guess these are the hard working gym rats who throw bull pens and hit off the tee 24/7. I bet not. I don’t care how good you are when college ball starts if you don’t have the work ethic then you’ll be on the bench. Bad college coach also? 

9 minutes ago, LGbaseball94 said:

Lol I’m gonna quit highschool ball because I don’t like the coach. Get out of town. Let me guess these are the hard working gym rats who throw bull pens and hit off the tee 24/7. I bet not. I don’t care how good you are when college ball starts if you don’t have the work ethic then you’ll be on the bench. Bad college coach also? 

You are just throwing assumptions out there about who likes who or what not. 

14 minutes ago, LGbaseball94 said:

Lg.  What would you ask for or expect from a high school program at each level?

28 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

Lg.  What would you ask for or expect from a high school program at each level?

I know this question is not directed at me, but I would like to answer.

IMO, regardless of the sport, in High School there need to be continuity of coaching. Every coach (including the high and might head coach) needs to be coaching as many kids as possible.

1.There needs to be fundamentals taught at every level.

2. There needs to be a mental approach to the game being taught.

3. There needs to be strength training.

4. There needs to a concept of TEAM, a philosophy or an approach to the game, that is preached from the top down that ALL players can buy into.

This is not about wins and losses this is about teaching kids RESPECT for the game and HOW to play the game properly.