Newton Football Schedule

purpleeagle

Scrimmages

8-17 Jasper  Home                      10-12 Kountze  Away                                                                                                 JH Games

8-24 LCM Away                            10-19  Hemphill  Away                                                                                     9-13  WO-S  Away

Varsity games                              10-26 New Waverly  Home (homecoming)                                                     9-20  Open

8-31  Kirbyville   Home                11-2 Corrigan  Away                                                                                        9-27  Vidor  Home

9-7  Silsbee   Home                      11-9  Anderson Shiro  Home (senior night)                                                   10-4 Silsbee  Away

9-14 WO-S  Away                                                                                                                                                     10-11  Kountze  Home

9-21 ?                                                                                                                                                                        10-18  Hemphill  Home

9-28 Gilmer  Home                                                                                                                                                   10-15  New Waverly  Away

10-5  open                                                                                                                                                                 11-1  Corrigan  Home

11-8  Diboll (tentative) Home

JV games

8-30 Kirbyville  Away            10-18 Hemphill  Home

9-6  Silsbee  Away                 10-25  New Waverly  Away

9-13 WO-S  Home                   11-1 Corrigan  Home

9-20  Open                               11-8 Diboll  (tentative)  Home

9-27 Diboll  Home

10-4 Silsbee Home

10-11 Kountze  Home

16 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Scrimmages

8-17 Jasper  Home                      10-12 Kountze  Away                                                                                                 JH Games

8-24 LCM Away                            10-19  Hemphill  Away                                                                                     9-13  WO-S  Away

Varsity games                              10-26 New Waverly  Home (homecoming)                                                     9-20  Open

8-31  Kirbyville   Home                11-2 Corrigan  Away                                                                                        9-27  Vidor  Home

9-7  Silsbee   Home                      11-9  Anderson Shiro  Home (senior night)                                                   10-4 Silsbee  Away

9-14 WO-S  Away                                                                                                                                                     10-11  Kountze  Home

9-21 ?                                                                                                                                                                        10-18  Hemphill  Home

9-28 Gilmer  Home                                                                                                                                                   10-15  New Waverly  Away

10-5  open                                                                                                                                                                 11-1  Corrigan  Home

11-8  Diboll (tentative) Home

JV games

8-30 Kirbyville  Away            10-18 Hemphill  Home

9-6  Silsbee  Away                 10-25  New Waverly  Away

9-13 WO-S  Home                   11-1 Corrigan  Home

9-20  Open                               11-8 Diboll  (tentative)  Home

9-27 Diboll  Home

10-4 Silsbee Home

10-11 Kountze  Home

The Varsity part is kinda confusing.

It is this?

8/31 - at Kirbyville

9/7 - Silsbee

9/14 - at WO-S

9/21 - OPEN

9/28 - Gilmer

10/5 - OPEN

10/12 - at Kountze*

10/19 - at Hemphill*

10/26 - New Waverly*

11/2 - at Corrigan-Camden*

11/9 - Anderson-Shiro*

*District games

Is Newton closing in on any game on either 9/21 or 10/5?

29 minutes ago, Speedkills said:

Can’t believe a Woodville or San Augustine wouldnt play against Newton of course I know the list goes on but still would like to see Newton have 10 games.

Woodville did agree to a Week 4 game prior to realignment on the assumption that they would be in a 6 team district.  However, when the realignment came out, they were placed in a 8 team district and had to drop the Newton game as they had too many non-district games.

20 hours ago, Speedkills said:

Can’t believe a Woodville or San Augustine wouldnt play against Newton of course I know the list goes on but still would like to see Newton have 10 games.

SA would be out of their minds to play against this newton team, we're talking from a post I saw the other day not sure if this is correct or not 55 D1 offers divided between 5 players...this is a 3A DIVISION 2 school who would want to play them 

On 4/13/2018 at 0:38 PM, WOSgrad said:

The Varsity part is kinda confusing.

It is this?

8/31 - at Kirbyville

9/7 - Silsbee

9/14 - at WO-S

9/21 - OPEN

9/28 - Gilmer

10/5 - OPEN

10/12 - at Kountze*

10/19 - at Hemphill*

10/26 - New Waverly*

11/2 - at Corrigan-Camden*

11/9 - Anderson-Shiro*

*District games

Is Newton closing in on any game on either 9/21 or 10/5?

That Week 1 game is in Newton not Kirbyville 

4 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I could see good ole Vinton but John Curtis that had to be sarcastic lol

At this rate, put the Alabama Crimson Tide or New England Patriots up there to make a 10 game schedule. Am I wrong to assume that coaches would like to pick up a 10th game, even if that might result in a loss?

17 hours ago, The Icon said:

At this rate, put the Alabama Crimson Tide or New England Patriots up there to make a 10 game schedule. Am I wrong to assume that coaches would like to pick up a 10th game, even if that might result in a loss?

I don't think Coach Johnston is worried about the loss in the 10th game as much as those larger schools are worried about a loss to a pretty small sized school.  Particularly the Louisiana schools that you mentioned are subject to those calculated power rankings which the size of the school is taken into account.  Even if they would blow Newton out, their rankings would be hurt.

On another note, as the LHSAA doesn't align in the same years as the UIL, putting a Louisiana school on the schedule is a dicey bet as that is only a 1 year solution.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, joeisbell said:

will the almighty newton repeat ?

I like their chances. I annually pick against WOS because it always seems like they’re replacing so many pieces. Newton seems like they’re bringing back a lot of kids after last season’s success. I think they’ll romp through the 3A playoffs and probably should be considered as favorites to repeat. 

13 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I like their chances. I annually pick against WOS because it always seems like they’re replacing so many pieces. Newton seems like they’re bringing back a lot of kids after last season’s success. I think they’ll romp through the 3A playoffs and probably should be considered as favorites to repeat. 

with all those d1 high caliber recruits, i can't fathom anyone even coming close to upsetting them on their quest