Super Gold Selections

15 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Congratulations to all those young men. Should be 3 Tigers 1st team

As much as I hate to disagree with you...I can’t help it.  Surely you know that it’s impossible to know for sure who the 1st Team would be if they all played with or against each other.  Since that is the case it has to go off of individual statistics as well as contrition to team success.  Even if Silsbee’s 3rd best player might be better than someone else’s best player we’ll never actually know.  So individual statistics have to be used as somewhat of a measuring stick along with several other factors.

16 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Not sure and doesn't matter. I said I think 3 Tigers should be on there and that's how I see it. Congratulations to all those kids for what they did this season. 

Then why comment? Lol. Leaving Jordyn - a first team selection last year - off this year was the hardest decision we made. 

6 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

As much as I hate to disagree with you...I can’t help it.  Surely you know that it’s impossible to know for sure who the 1st Team would be if they all played with or against each other.  Since that is the case it has to go off of individual statistics as well as contrition to team success.  Even if Silsbee’s 3rd best player might be better than someone else’s best player we’ll never actually know.  So individual statistics have to be used as somewhat of a measuring stick along with several other factors.

If you want to go by stats look at them Jordyns were better than some of if not all of those 3 that weren’t Tigers.  I think he deserves to be on that first team as well but realize how hard that decision process is. Let alone putting 3 of the 5 from one team.

4 hours ago, Aces_Full said:

Badsanta with just a complaint but no solution.  Go figure.  My guy should be on there, but I can't tell you who to take off?  As with ALL lists, there are those who don't quite make it that feel slighted.  Such is life.  

Silsbee has 3 averaging over 21ppg. 3 on allstate team. 3 on allstate tourney team and Bush Regional MVP and McCain state MAP and Hoopsinsider player of the year. Back 2 back rings. I guess I'm busting be picking to drive traffic to the topic. 

I like the idea of only having five on the first team and a different five on the second. When you do that someone is going to be left out. That's the way it is in real life. Jordyn is a great player. However Bush and McCain were stronger this year during tournament time. Next year could well be different. I have no complaints about the people who received first team honors and I doubt he does either. 

Jordyn was EASILY one of the best 5 players in SETX this year.  But sometimes you have to spread the wealth.   Hard to put 60% of the first team from one school, when you have so many involved).  I’m sure he’s not losing any sleep over it so why should we.  

By the way, one thing I have noticed about is there is no stat padding involved.  Whoever stats their games does an excellent job.   That is not the case with everyone, including at least one that made one of the teams (I will NOT mention any names lol).