Beaumont United Applicant List

On 4/25/2018 at 9:50 PM, BlkMamba24 said:

Well thanks a lot BISD you’ve managed to do it again and run off another young QUALIFIED coach... you guys are doing such a wonderful job of keeping your young and upcoming talent in the district .

Are you kidding me?  So BISD wouldn't hire Coach Mike T, but Temple ISD would?  Wow!  They must be holding the job for Coach K!  My co-worker just told me that Temple has been in the football finals and the girls went to state in basketball this year.  Like I said in one of my post, when Coach Sig leaves, I would be happy to have him come back and coach in Silsbee.  

12 hours ago, 409ANALYST said:

Are you kidding me?  So BISD wouldn't hire Coach Mike T, but Temple ISD would?  Wow!  They must be holding the job for Coach K!  My co-worker just told me that Temple has been in the football finals and the girls went to state in basketball this year.  Like I said in one of my post, when Coach Sig leaves, I would be happy to have him come back and coach in Silsbee.  

Out of 78 applicants they chose the so called inexperienced Micheal Thomas to be their new head coach and turn the their program around . And Coach ain’t waking thru that door lol...Somehow United incoming principal & the current superintendent didn’t think he could get the job done. As I’ve i always said the grass ain’t always greener on the other side . Mark my words he will bring that program back to life .

5 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Out of 78 applicants they chose the so called inexperienced Micheal Thomas to be their new head coach and turn the their program around . And Coach ain’t waking thru that door lol...Somehow United incoming principal & the current superintendent didn’t think he could get the job done. As I’ve i always said the grass ain’t always greener on the other side . Mark my words he will bring that program back to life .

Ok I’ll bite. What makes you so sure he will do that? In his one year at Ozen they finished 3rd in district. Yes, they won a playoff game, but many coaches have done that. I’m not being cruel towards your guy, but I’m just curious to know what makes you so sure he will turn Temple around, other than the fact that he is obviously your friend? The fact is, Temple is a job that no one wants anymore, otherwise, there would have been more qualified applicants from that area vying for that job. Again, no harm towards Thomas, he’s a super person, but, this wasn’t Duncanville we are talking about, it’s a program that’s been down a really long time, and Thomas won the gig. That’s it.

10 hours ago, JayBilas said:

Ok I’ll bite. What makes you so sure he will do that? In his one year at Ozen they finished 3rd in district. Yes, they won a playoff game, but many coaches have done that. I’m not being cruel towards your guy, but I’m just curious to know what makes you so sure he will turn Temple around, other than the fact that he is obviously your friend? The fact is, Temple is a job that no one wants anymore, otherwise, there would have been more qualified applicants from that area vying for that job. Again, no harm towards Thomas, he’s a super person, but, this wasn’t Duncanville we are talking about, it’s a program that’s been down a really long time, and Thomas won the gig. That’s it.

First you sound ridiculous because obviously you didn’t watch any games this year. Let’s see losing 3 starters & a prominent bench guy and he finshed 3rd played a talented Memorlal & Cneteal team extremely close. Beat a solid Crosby team who was on a 18 games winning streak at one point won 20 out of their last 22 entering the playoffs. SO NO ALOT OF COACHES HAVE NOT DONE THAT ... and if so please name them we wanna know. Secondly  77 other ppl wanted the temple job regardless of who was qualified enough to apply for it. I believe in him and if he had the backing and resources like they were giving this incoming coach he’d be successful as well no doubt. Stop hating Dickie V you sound bitter bro ...

5 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

First you sound ridiculous because obviously you didn’t watch any games this year. Let’s see losing 3 starters & a prominent bench guy and he finshed 3rd played a talented Memorlal & Cneteal team extremely close. Beat a solid Crosby team who was on a 18 games winning streak at one point won 20 out of their last 22 entering the playoffs. SO NO ALOT OF COACHES HAVE NOT DONE THAT ... and if so please name them we wanna know. Secondly  77 other ppl wanted the temple job regardless of who was qualified enough to apply for it. I believe in him and if he had the backing and resources like they were giving this incoming coach he’d be successful as well no doubt. Stop hating Dickie V you sound bitter bro ...

I certainly wasn't trying to make you angry, and I have nothing against Thomas or Dickie V, I was simply asking a question.  The bottom line is 1) Temple IS NOT the job that it once was, and 2) what was done at Ozen WAS very average. It was 3rd place. Ozen at one point won like 10 or 11 district titles in a row. So, yes, there would be no parades for a 3rd place finish, although Coach Thomas may have done a good job getting them there, it was no special feat. Not saying that its not IN him, its just not been shown yet. Its very early in his career and quite honestly he was at the right place at  the right time to get Ozen. I hope he does an outstanding job at Temple, my question was how could you be so sure?  That's no knock against him, its a legit question.  I wish him the best, but I think you're being a bit over zealous.

11 hours ago, JayBilas said:

Clearly you didn’t pick up what Mamba was putting down, so I’ll clarify. There aren’t many Coaches in the Country that can do what Coach Thomas did at Ozen this year with all the lineup changes & adjustments. He is exactly what Temple needs to restore their Program. I don’t know if you’re familiar with the area, but Temple isn’t short on Talent. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if he had them in the playoffs next year. I know for a fact there aren’t many Guys in the business that work harder, study the game, or Love the kids any more than he does. Temple is getting a Gem, Beaumont is losing a top 5 draft pick. SMH, won’t be long before we hear should’ve. 

9 minutes ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Clearly you didn’t pick up what Mamba was putting down, so I’ll clarify. There aren’t many Coaches in the Country that can do what Coach Thomas did at Ozen this year with all the lineup changes & adjustments. He is exactly what Temple needs to restore their Program. I don’t know if you’re familiar with the area, but Temple isn’t short on Talent. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if he had them in the playoffs next year. I know for a fact there aren’t many Guys in the business that work harder, study the game, or Love the kids any more than he does. Temple is getting a Gem, Beaumont is losing a top 5 draft pick. SMH, won’t be long before we hear should’ve. 

OK I get it now. It takes a special talent to win 3rd place at Ozen after all they did was win in basketball over the last 17-18 years, winning 12-13 district titles outright in a ROW during that span  I get it now. My mistake. I thought that Beaumont was the largest area in SE Texas with the largest pool of kids to pull from and they somehow managed to have a surplus of talent since the school opened up, but suddenly the tank was empty, and he was the only coach that could manage to squeak out a third place finish, because certainly there were no other coaches in the UIL to come in third and beat a second place team in the first round of the playoffs in another district. What was I thinking? 3rd has got to be the new 1st place. PLUS I must have been crazy to think that Temple is not the same because after all, they DID win 8 games last year. My apologies for just not knowing the real deal about this situation.

1 hour ago, JayBilas said:

OK I get it now. It takes a special talent to win 3rd place at Ozen after all they did was win in basketball over the last 17-18 years, winning 12-13 district titles outright in a ROW during that span  I get it now. My mistake. I thought that Beaumont was the largest area in SE Texas with the largest pool of kids to pull from and they somehow managed to have a surplus of talent since the school opened up, but suddenly the tank was empty, and he was the only coach that could manage to squeak out a third place finish, because certainly there were no other coaches in the UIL to come in third and beat a second place team in the first round of the playoffs in another district. What was I thinking? 3rd has got to be the new 1st place. PLUS I must have been crazy to think that Temple is not the same because after all, they DID win 8 games last year. My apologies for just not knowing the real deal about this situation.

Wow its getting Hot in here time out for hot buttered popcorn and a cold Heineken i'll be right back lol......A little trash talk and axe grinding wakes up things lol....

No matter how this new United coaching job unfolds, I'll support him/her to the utmost. I wonder if others will, seeing that there's certain feelings about a young coach that decided to move on.  (good for him, BTW).  Wonder if that same energy used as well as talking up other area teams (and players) will be used to make United High basketball and the New United Head coach the best they can be... Only time will tell, I guess...

9 hours ago, JayBilas said:

Remember guys, this guy was once TCAL coach of the year......he knows his stuff!! 

On 4/27/2018 at 4:57 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

No matter how this new United coaching job unfolds, I'll support him/her to the utmost. I wonder if others will, seeing that there's certain feelings about a young coach that decided to move on.  (good for him, BTW).  Wonder if that same energy used as well as talking up other area teams (and players) will be used to make United High basketball and the New United Head coach the best they can be... Only time will tell, I guess...

Some probably won’t, but Mamba will - it’s all about the kids with him.  

53 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

If it's the coach that I'm hearing, he's not in the applicant list and has Central ties.  IMO, if they go this route, the U will be in good hands...

I wasn’t crazy about the new school name but if we are going to call it “the U”, I was way wrong.  Love it.