Beaumont United Applicant List

19 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Given this situation of schools combining The success of this program early on will be how player management is handled which therefore will result in team unity = success.  Getting the right guy in the very beginning is KEY.  IMO I have this feeling that the guy they pick will not be the right guy( hopefully I’m wrong)   There s only two i would choose , one not being on the list and the other is.  

The list of applicants that was provided to public was very surprising to me given Texas as well as Louisiana knows the talent level in this area.

I get it they want the big name some of these guys making  decisions are company guys well dressed politicians they don’t want backlash from a fair weather community who barely supports anything anyways . A lot of ppl complain but the attendance for education as well as sports are low from the community.and it’s not everyone but it what it is . No disrespect to anyone but I’m tired of seeing the coaching carousel revolve around old coaches, you have quality young coaches who can get it done if they had the type of support some are giving to these old heads. But hey who am I just a guy on the outside looking in and if they choose wrongly some of these parents and kids are jumping ship. 

9 hours ago, JayBilas said:

Are you guys seriously thinking I’m one of those guys...it’s only fun fellas!...besides if it needed to be known who we all were, we would use our REAL names! LOL

I'm not on the basketball thread too much but yep, I think you are one of the 3 pictures posted...:)

31 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

I get it they want the big name some of these guys making  decisions are company guys well dressed politicians they don’t want backlash from a fair weather community who barely supports anything anyways . A lot of ppl complain but the attendance for education as well as sports are low from the community.and it’s not everyone but it what it is . No disrespect to anyone but I’m tired of seeing the coaching carousel revolve around old coaches, you have quality young coaches who can get it done if they had the type of support some are giving to these old heads. But hey who am I just a guy on the outside looking in and if they choose wrongly some of these parents and kids are jumping ship. 

Jump ship and not compete on the varsity level for a year?  I don't see it...

21 minutes ago, sportsfan2017 said:

Dicky V can coach some basketball!!!!

And that may very well be true and I don't know the man and this is not taking a shot at him at all.  Look at the Arthur Louis hire (football), Williams (volleyball) and all the rest of the positions that have been filled so far, they are not just looking at wins and losses.  They are doing background research, calling around asking about people, their social and personal life, seeing what they have posted on facebook and other social sites.  Are they going to mesh with other staff or be an a**h*** to be around?  Are they going to allow players to cuss out other coaches, teammates, etc. and continue to play them because they are good?  They don't want to put a person that can win games but is not a good example of what the students will be looking up to, girls and boys.  They have got to get this right as best as possible. 

I feel the same way about this position as I did the football position, make it an outside of the district hire so that you know that the coach simply wants to come here and win.  Nobody will be able to say he is playing more Ozen or Central players but instead he is playing the best players to give him the chance to win.  I don't see that happening in football even though it's been lopsided on the varsity and JV side at least the last 5 years.  I hope I'm proven wrong... 

10 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

And that may very well be true and I don't know the man and this is not taking a shot at him at all.  Look at the Arthur Louis hire (football), Williams (volleyball) and all the rest of the positions that have been filled so far, they are not just looking at wins and losses.  They are doing background research, calling around asking about people, their social and personal life, seeing what they have posted on facebook and other social sites.  Are they going to mesh with other staff or be an a**h*** to be around?  Are they going to allow players to cuss out other coaches, teammates, etc. and continue to play them because they are good?  They don't want to put a person that can win games but is not a good example of what the students will be looking up to, girls and boys.  They have got to get this right as best as possible. 

I feel the same way about this position as I did the football position, make it an outside of the district hire so that you know that the coach simply wants to come here and win.  Nobody will be able to say he is playing more Ozen or Central players but instead he is playing the best players to give him the chance to win.  I don't see that happening in football even though it's been lopsided on the varsity and JV side at least the last 5 years.  I hope I'm proven wrong... 

First of all idk if you even know either Thomas or Paul but it seems to me its more hate and no support. Yall so quick to say what's was goin on in both programs. No coach just let a player cuss out a coach and let them play cuz they are good if you don't know the whole story don't speak on it. If yall would support your coaches rather the down them this could be a great thing. Both Thomas and Paul have a great deal to do with kids from both teams. Yall just need to stop hating like frfr IJS

36 minutes ago, The Unknown said:

First of all idk if you even know either Thomas or Paul but it seems to me its more hate and no support. Yall so quick to say what's was goin on in both programs. No coach just let a player cuss out a coach and let them play cuz they are good if you don't know the whole story don't speak on it. If yall would support your coaches rather the down them this could be a great thing. Both Thomas and Paul have a great deal to do with kids from both teams. Yall just need to stop hating like frfr IJS

I know of them both as much as I care to or need to know.  I'll go on record and say that it wouldn't bother me one bit if Thomas got the job.  Support? I already have United t-shirts that I've been wearing around town to support the school, staff and students.  How about you?  I've been involved in this entire process since August.  How about you?

And if I want to speak on a story on this message board, I can.  What are you going to do, shut me up?

One thing I agree with you on, Beaumont United Timberwolves will be a great thing :)

20 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I know of them both as much as I care to or need to know.  I'll go on record and say that it wouldn't bother me one bit if Thomas got the job.  Support? I already have United t-shirts that I've been wearing around town to support the school, staff and students.  How about you?  I've been involved in this entire process since August.  How about you?

And if I want to speak on a story on this message board, I can.  What are you going to do, shut me up?

One thing I agree with you on, Beaumont United Timberwolves will be a great thing :)

I have been here as well I dont get on here and say much at all. So it wouldn't bother if Thomas got the job but it would if Paul got the job? Sounds like a bit of hate to me. And you can talk all you want no one wants to shut u up besides idk who non of yall are. People would love it if Thomas get the job but hate it if Paul get's it. SMH

11 minutes ago, The Unknown said:

I have been here as well I dont get on here and say much at all. So it wouldn't bother if Thomas got the job but it would if Paul got the job? Sounds like a bit of hate to me. And you can talk all you want no one wants to shut u up besides idk who non of yall are cuz u hide behind screen names but if i knew who you were i don't have a problem shutting up at all but that would prove nothing at all that the problem now like frfr. People would love it if Thomas get the job but hate it if Paul get's it. SMH

Just because I said it wouldn't bother me if one got it, doesn't mean I "hate" or "hating" as you say on the other one.  Just because you have a preference on something doesn't mean you dislike the other or "hating".  Just because I prefer a GMC over a Ford or Dodge truck, a Mustang over a Camaro or a Yamaha over a Mercury, doesn't mean I "hate" the other.  I don't have any boys currently in the boys basketball program or in the near future, so it really doesn't matter to me one bit who they give it to.  I just want them to be successful and will be at every game that I can make.  I won't be in an uproar on whoever they name.  I'll congratulate them on here and if/when I see them in public.  I've been privileged to some meetings that apparently you haven't been.  I have heard out of the decision makers mouths what they are looking for on and off the field/court in these hires for United and so far they are staying true to what they said.

Oh trust me bro, I'm one of the biggest opponents of people being able to use fake names and fake pictures on here.  This website would be a lot less drama free if real names and photos had to be used.  They are able to throw stones and hide their hand.  Stay around for a while, it won't be hard to figure out who I am, especially in football season...

8 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Just because I said it wouldn't bother me if one got it, doesn't mean I "hate" or "hating" as you say on the other one.  Just because you have a preference on something doesn't mean you dislike the other or "hating".  Just because I prefer a GMC over a Ford or Dodge truck, a Mustang over a Camaro or a Yamaha over a Mercury, doesn't mean I "hate" the other.  I don't have any boys currently in the boys basketball program or in the near future, so it really doesn't matter to me one bit who they give it to.  I just want them to be successful and will be at every game that I can make.  I won't be in an uproar on whoever they name.  I'll congratulate them on here and if/when I see them in public.  I've been privileged to some meetings that apparently you haven't been.  I have heard out of the decision makers mouths what they are looking for on and off the field/court in these hires for United and so far they are staying true to what they said.

Oh trust me bro, I'm one of the biggest opponents of people being able to use fake names and fake pictures on here.  This website would be a lot less drama free if real names and photos had to be used.  They are able to throw stones and hide their hand.  Stay around for a while, it won't be hard to figure out who I am, especially in football season...

It really don't matter because I have been here along time and really don't to know who anyone on here is, it's might be best that way. But I do agree wit you on the throwing stone and hiding their hands thing.......lol

3 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Your opinion is respected...My opinion is the old coaching carousel coach that went (28-4 and 14-0) at Westbrook with must talent than United will have this season is desperately needed to build a solid foundation at this upstart program. I have no axe to grind with young coaches but I'd take my chances with an old proven coach to mold this new school into some very special. I was hoping the board of managers were on the same page to make this happen by whatever means...Success will cure most  "WOES" that may occur combining once rival schools.....jmo

37 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Your opinion is respected...My opinion is the old coaching carousel coach that went (28-4 and 14-0) at Westbrook with must talent than United will have this season is desperately needed to build a solid foundation at this upstart program. I have no axe to grind with young coaches but I'd take my chances with an old proven coach to mold this new school into some very special. I was hoping the board of managers were on the same page to make this happen by whatever means...Success will cure most  "WOES" that may occur combining once rival schools.....jmo

And your opinion is respected but let’s be real Elijah Parquet is what happened to WB a top 40 player in the state of Texas and a Division1 player signed to Colorado ,along with a 6’9  Clayton Carpenter who is highly recruited . And lost in the first round to a team that had to play a tiebreaker game to get in. Meanwhile Ozen advanced to the second round with much less talent and lost on a 3pt shot from 38 feet away . Let’s not forget Ozen beat WB and would’ve beat them again had they not lost 3 players to significant injury and they were up the majority of the game but couldn’t hang on. Boutte is the Greg Popavich of basketball it is what is HE’S GREAT his achievements are like  o other.,but some of y’all act like no one else can coach or the job is too big for them to get it done . How does anyone know without giving Paul or Thomas a chance . No one can win big without some type of talent ..

15 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Well it seems as if Coach Thomas isn’t sitting around with his hands under his arse he is in the final 4 finalist for another job. IMO they will drop the ball and let another young talented coach leave. Well BISD loss and whoever gets him their gain. 

Is Coach Mike T a finalist for the United job?  Where is he a finalist for the other job?  He had a good game plan to beat us but Devon took over on the boards and Ozen couldn't hold the lead.  I was hoping that he would hang around another year if he doesn't get the United job and get the job at Silsbee when Coach Sig retires?  

4 minutes ago, 409ANALYST said:

Is Coach Mike T a finalist for the United job?  Where is he a finalist for the other job?  He had a good game plan to beat us but Devon took over on the boards and Ozen couldn't hold the lead.  I was hoping that he would hang around another year if he doesn't get the United job and get the job at Silsbee when Coach Sig retires?  

We don’t know who’s a finalist for the United job and the other job I’m not sure where it’s at.  it’s so underhanded around here they go around behind closed doors doing things it’s ridiculous this is why it’s hard to establish trust among those in BISD. I know he wants badly to be a head coach his first love is where he is at he loves those kids and has great relationships with a lot of them but if he can’t get it here then he has to do what he has to do. It’s a slap in the face if you ask me . Silsbee doesn’t sound bad but y’all like to run and gun, he coaches a lot of ways. Silsbee fan base might go crazy if he goes to spread game lolllllll

5 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Well the leaves on the trees are done shaking and the verdict is in !!!!!

LoL for you to reply the cat is out of the bag sort of....The old head carousel coach stayed put and the fix made sure of that LoL...I'll still support the new hire at The "U"......