Southlake Carrol

navydawg31

On 3/30/2018 at 10:39 PM, navydawg31 said:

Hires Todd Dodge son Riley Dodge as their head coach! Big accomplishment for how young he is. Not even 30 yet and the head guy at a major 6A program. Congrats on the hire.

This is the hidden content, please

I hope this works out for them  But, again, a decision made for all the wrong reasons! 

21 hours ago, Reagan said:

I hope this works out for them  But, again, a decision made for all the wrong reasons! 

If you look at what he has done as a OC he has done a great job at Flour Mound a 6a level. He coached at UT for one year as a QY for QB coach. He has a great mentor he can lean on as his dad. He grew up and knows the Up tempo spread Offense. His alma matar. I wouldn’t say this is for all the wrong reasons at all. 

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

If you look at what he has done as a OC he has done a great job at Flour Mound a 6a level. He coached at UT for one year as a QY for QB coach. He has a great mentor he can lean on as his dad. He grew up and knows the Up tempo spread Offense. His alma matar. I wouldn’t say this is for all the wrong reasons at all. 

He hasn't.

13 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

From ECBuckFan:  "Yes, they tried to pry Todd away from Austin Westlake."  So they go to his son because of what his father did.  Again, for all the wrong reasons!   What years was he at Flower Mound?  Or was he at Flower Mound Marcus?

Heck of a first gig for a young coach but perhaps as big is the announcement that Steve Lineweaver comes out of retirement to "assist", i.e. mentor him :

This is the hidden content, please

SLC is a hot mess right now, it's a bold move that will either look like pure genius or pure stupidity. I believe A.D. Allman was reassigned pre-hiring so unless someone other than the interim A.D. takes the helm....well, like I said right now it seems to be a hot mess....

7 minutes ago, TripleFlux said:

I've coached and been to a few places you call "nowhere" close that in the end are better jobs....perspective...yours must be on money?

Yeah, I guess you are right. With all the support he has from the community and all. Wasn't it PNG that had for sale signs out in his yard a couple years ago? I think you can look back and see thread after thread and post after post of PNG Fan criticizing and complaining about his schemes and lack of ability to put a defense on the field. Yeah, he has owes that town massive amounts of loyalty. How can you apply for a job making 30k more, with better facilties, and better athletes? How can you do that to a town that posted your house for sale after a loss to Nederland? You are right, perspective.

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

Yeah, I guess you are right. With all the support he has from the community and all. Wasn't it PNG that had for sale signs out in his yard a couple years ago? I think you can look back and see thread after thread and post after post of PNG Fan criticizing and complaining about his schemes and lack of ability to put a defense on the field. Yeah, he has owes that town massive amounts of loyalty. How can you apply for a job making 30k more, with better facilties, and better athletes? How can you do that to a town that posted your house for sale after a loss to Nederland? You are right, perspective.

If a coach leaves because someone throws a sign in their yard like that, makes me doubt they have very thick skin (not saying threats to family or when you see racial slurs, I think that is ridiculous and shouldn't be tolerated)....SLC citizens/fans would eat someone like that alive if that's all it takes to ruffle someones feathers...My initial comment was to poke some humor into the posting...There are 5-10 Hd Coaches just in the Metroplex that didnt apply that can coach circles around some that applied....But your right, 30K is the reason, perspective.....Most of those Metroplex coaches can make anywhere between 15K-35K a year on summer camps and clinics and pay their assistant staff pretty well...seen it with my own eyes...

Faircloth has applied many times since getting at PNG. He has a great resume, and many ties through out the state. He has worked under and with many known names through out the state. When he took this job I didn’t think he would have stayed as long as he has neither did many of my png friends we gave him 5 years and onto bigger things. If a SLC type school comes looking at your coach be proud that someone wants your coach. Must be doing something right. 

15 hours ago, Ryanp said:

it's like when your buddy leaves his wife and you get all upset at him from a moral standpoint but then he ends up with a much fitter girl and you kind of understand and he is allowed to stay on the disc gold team or whatever

?????  You lost me on that analogy.