Dallas Cowboys 2018

11 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

The defense looked really good again vs arizona.  IF Randy Gregory can continue to stay on the field he will be a huge problem for opposing OT's.  Here are his stats from the game:

In the first quarter alone, he had two tackles, one sack, one QB hit, one tackle for loss. By game’s end, probably playing right at a scheduled 20 snaps, he added another tackle and another QB hit. (thanks to dallascowboys.com for the stats)

The defense is young and the guys are playing fast.  Here are some defensive stats from the preseason so far:

-The COWBOYS defense didn't allow a point to the cardinals in the first quarter and in one possession of the 2nd quarter.   

-During this time the COWBOYS held the cardinals to 37 total yards.  24 rushing and 13 passing. 

-Now then, if you add those totals to the previous two-game totals, encompassing three quarters, you have four quarters of football, along with one possession, and the Cowboys have given up no points and just 156 total yards – 62 rushing and 94 passing.

I know it's just preseason but I sure hope they can continue this dominance when the regular season begins.

Yeah, it's preseason, but what else can we gauge against? Let's get healthy and see what's what.

On a side note, I have a cousin who has the same syndrome as Frederick. That is some serious stuff. He could easily be done for good playing football.

6 minutes ago, baddog said:

Yeah, it's preseason, but what else can we gauge against? Let's get healthy and see what's what.

On a side note, I have a cousin who has the same syndrome as Frederick. That is some serious stuff. He could easily be done for good playing football.

I've never heard of the syndrome until now.  I've done a little research but still do not know much about it.  Do you have any information that you can share?  Is there a cure?

5 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

Give what up?  Randy Gregory is on the field and is producing.  I've already stated, "IF he can stay on the field"  What else needs to be said?

Well, for starters he has not been any good. 1 sack in 14 career games. Pre season games mean absolutely zero. He is not going against starters. Think of how little good players have played. Hardly at all. He is going against scrubs. So, 1 sack in 14 games. Plus he probably will be smoking the devils lettuce again soon and out the door.

12 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

I've never heard of the syndrome until now.  I've done a little research but still do not know much about it.  Do you have any information that you can share?  Is there a cure?

Even though my first cousin has this syndrome, there is still a lot I don't know. She was hospitalized and practically comatose. She stayed in the hospital for months and finally “came out of it”. I will ask my wife about it when she gets home today. She retains info much better than me. I do know she still struggles somewhat with the disease.

As Tiger alluded to, it attacks the nerves. Depending on when it is diagnosed, it can be debilitating and can kill you. For my cousin, it started out in her legs and progressed to her lungs and upper body. She was paralyzed and was on a ventilator that was breathing for her. She could hear everything around her but could not respond. My first response said she came out of it, like all of a sudden. That was incorrect. They started her rehab even while she was still paralyzed. Today she still tires easily and doesn't walk for long periods of time. Hope that helps. Sorry it is all I have. 

16 hours ago, baddog said:

As Tiger alluded to, it attacks the nerves. Depending on when it is diagnosed, it can be debilitating and can kill you. For my cousin, it started out in her legs and progressed to her lungs and upper body. She was paralyzed and was on a ventilator that was breathing for her. She could hear everything around her but could not respond. My first response said she came out of it, like all of a sudden. That was incorrect. They started her rehab even while she was still paralyzed. Today she still tires easily and doesn't walk for long periods of time. Hope that helps. Sorry it is all I have. 

Correct. Schlereth said it came back about an inch per month. Very slow process.

13 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

Well, it sounds like you may be right. I have a small DFW/COWBOYS contact. Sounds like there is some trouble on the horizon for Randy Gregory. Nothing 100% yet, but there is something going on.

Guys like that don't wake up one day and decide to do right. It is just who he is. It is a shame.

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Guys like that don't wake up one day and decide to do right. It is just who he is. It is a shame.

No joke. Play 8-10 years clean, make your money, retire, and smoke all the weed you want. This is why I don't feel sorry for these guys. Work all your life to play a kid's game for $millions and find some way to screw that up. But let's remember how oppressed he is. More like sedated.

20 minutes ago, baddog said:

No joke. Play 8-10 years clean, make your money, retire, and smoke all the weed you want. This is why I don't feel sorry for these guys. Work all your life to play a kid's game for $millions and find some way to screw that up. But let's remember how oppressed he is. More like sedated.

I don't get it. I have to think those guys are just messed up in the noggin, almost they can't help it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 11:06 AM, Tigers2010 said:

The Texans absolutely owned the Cowboys in their latest showdown. There seems to be a new king of the mountain. Told ya'll Dallas sucked. 

Your really crowing about a preseason game??? LOL.  Typical Texan fan.  You better worry about getting past your daddy NE sometime this century, but I don't see it happening.   Texan fans pray for 9-7 and their "AFC South" banner to display along with their letter jackets.  :)

20 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Your really crowing about a preseason game??? LOL.  Typical Texan fan.  You better worry about getting past your daddy NE sometime this century, but I don't see it happening.   Texan fans pray for 9-7 and their "AFC South" banner to display along with their letter jackets.  :)

1. The post in question was sarcastic. Again, was messing with another Cowboys fan.

2. Not a Texans fan, but we have the same daddy. (Dolphins fan).

3. Houston is better than Dallas this year, and it is not close. 

4. "praying for 9-7", is the epitome of Dallas Cowboy football for the last 20 years. 

5. Love the enthusiasm 

On 4/29/2018 at 11:53 PM, PhatMack19 said:

The more I read about Michael Gallup the happier I am with passing on Ridley in Round 1.  He was ranked by some as the 49th best player and #3 overall receiver.  Not bad to get him with pick #81.  His highlight tape looks very good.  Hopefully he can step in for Dez on day 1

This didn't age well. Ridley got like 4 Tds and 200+ yards. I haven't hear of this Gallup guy.