My official position on PAM's hiring of Coach Morgan

Austin1985

Since some moderator or two like to project, here's my thoughts.....

1a  Win games, DC's and minimum 3 round appearances

1b  Continue the tread of many kids getting many scholarships(KRH set the bar high here)

1c  Keep the stars from gravitating to play for the Bubble school, which, only want them for athletics anyway......

In game strategy aside, no coach has taken a team to the Semi's since Marler and KRH did in the largest classification

Morgan has big shoes to fill

5 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

I guess that last statement is suppose to check me in some way?  He could be motivated to simply use PA as a stepping stone.

If and when a booster club is created, I will join and I will see for myself how high and similar his expectations are to mine.....

So hang on, PA hires a home town guy who wants to be there and you are questioning whether or not he cares enough about the kids to "continue getting them scholarships"? Something isn't computing here. It seems this should be a slam dunk hire that is applauded by all........so what's really up?

16 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

So hang on, PA hires a home town guy who wants to be there and you are questioning whether or not he cares enough about the kids to "continue getting them scholarships"? Something isn't computing here. It seems this should be a slam dunk hire that is applauded by all........so what's really up?

Nothing's up 2wedge.  Just an opinion  If Brooks was in the running for the job, he was more qualified except he's older.  By the way, what's the loft on a 2wedge?

Guest ECBucFan
1 hour ago, Austin1985 said:

1b  Continue the tread of many kids getting many scholarships(KRH set the bar high here)

In game strategy aside, no coach has taken a team to the Semi's since Marler and KRH did in the largest classification 

I know you are upset PAISD had the audacity to hire a white guy (heaven forbid!), but why all of a sudden are you calling "X Box" by the initials "KRH"? What changed, SFA85? 

57 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

I guess that last statement is suppose to check me in some way?  He could be motivated to simply use PA as a stepping stone.

If and when a booster club is created, I will join and I will see for myself how high and similar his expectations are to mine.....

Sure, ok, a guy that played in PA, went on to play in college, on a scholarship and he using this as a stepping stone?

SAF85, you obviously have an ax to grind. Just go away Bro.

This was the best hire, he wants to be here, he wants to win championships and he will promote the kids. Take your agenda a go.

Brooks didn't even want the job Dude.

2 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

Since some moderator or two like to project, here's my thoughts.....

1a  Win games, DC's and minimum 3 round appearances

1c  Keep the stars from gravitating to play for the Bubble school, which, only want them for athletics anyway......

Morgan has big shoes to fill

So kids that transfer to Ned or PNG  from PAM don't graduate and go on to do other things??  You might need to do some research there.  LOL

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Cards may be slightly stacked against him from the start with 2 board members voting "Nay" on his hire. Anyway, I hope Coach Morgan does a good job in PA.

This ratio did raise my eyebrows as well, I hope some in the community are not out to scuttle things before Coach Morgan ever gets started.

4 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

I know you are upset PAISD had the audacity to hire a white guy (heaven forbid!), but why all of a sudden are you calling "X Box" by the initials "KRH"? What changed, SFA85? 

He's at Summer Creek now.  Time to move on.....

PAISD's hire is their business.  I played for a white guy btw but if he *bleeps* up, we will give him the business.

Also, why is it important to project on me some upset emotion about the hire

And finally, why do you, who probably hate the mere existence of Melaneted people in america, care?

3 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

lol this is like when they tried it on the DeSoto coaching topic

Yeah Thompson is white and he failed the 2nd time around.....

Anyway, nah sayers, why do y'all care

And yes, Bubble Schools(plural).....

On 3/23/2018 at 3:01 PM, WOSgrad said:

This ratio did raise my eyebrows as well, I hope some in the community are not out to scuttle things before Coach Morgan ever gets started.

And when questioned by the media refused to comment and deferred to the board president who voted in favor of the hire. That was pretty chickenshit. If you are a public elected official and you make a vote in a public setting like that, then you should be obligated to explain it and those two board members did not. 

I am fine with them voting against the hire if they at least provide a reason to back it up: no head coaching experience, preferred another candidate, didn't like the process, etc. 

On 3/23/2018 at 3:48 PM, Austin1985 said:

He's at Summer Creek now.  Time to move on.....

PAISD's hire is their business.  I played for a white guy btw but if he *bleeps* up, we will give him the business.

Also, why is it important to project on me some upset emotion about the hire

And finally, why do you, who probably hate the mere existence of Melaneted people in america, care?

Yeah Thompson is white and he failed the 2nd time around.....

Anyway, nah sayers, why do y'all care

And yes, Bubble Schools(plural).....

This comment (in bold) should not be allowed to pass without some comment. I'm not a moderator, but how many times has blood gotten boiling about race on this site? (Remember a few months ago when two guys were banned permanently for spouting racial and racist rhetoric?) -- It has no place on a sports thread -- We aren't going to solve the country's problems (and yes, I agree that there are serious problems) on this site, so let's focus on what brings us together.

We all love football, and I am going to assume that all of us are basically good, decent people who want the best for these kids and coaches. The accusation made here, that anyone who is white probably hates anyone who isn't white, is simply wrong, and represents the very bigotry we are trying to move forward from in this country. It's frankly shocking to read such an ignorant, bigoted, and irresponsible statement.  You destroy your credibility, particularly the credibility you want to have in critiquing a white coach, when you reveal so brazenly your disdain for white people.

Further, it is silly to suggest that people of one race should not be concerned or have opinions about thing that concern people of another race; what you are proposing is a bizarre form of "intellectual segregation" that would make Martin Luther King Jr roll over in his grave. Maybe, just maybe, people have opinions about the coaching hire because they genuinely care for, know, are friends with, etc., kids in Port Arthur? And it isn't that novel of an idea to understand that many of the people so interested are white.

We can all be better than this. 

10 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

This comment (in bold) should not be allowed to pass without some comment. I'm not a moderator, but how many times has blood gotten boiling about race on this site? (Remember a few months ago when two guys were banned permanently for spouting racial and racist rhetoric?) -- It has no place on a sports thread -- We aren't going to solve the country's problems (and yes, I agree that there are serious problems) on this site, so let's focus on what brings us together.

We all love football, and I am going to assume that all of us are basically good, decent people who want the best for these kids and coaches. The accusation made here, that anyone who is white probably hates anyone who isn't white, is simply wrong, and represents the very bigotry we are trying to move forward from in this country. It's frankly shocking to read such an ignorant, bigoted, and irresponsible statement.  You destroy your credibility, particularly the credibility you want to have in critiquing a white coach, when you reveal so brazenly your disdain for white people.

Further, it is silly to suggest that people of one race should not be concerned or have opinions about thing that concern people of another race; what you are proposing is a bizarre form of "intellectual segregation" that would make Martin Luther King Jr roll over in his grave. Maybe, just maybe, people have opinions about the coaching hire because they genuinely care for, know, are friends with, etc., kids in Port Arthur? And it isn't that novel of an idea to understand that many of the people so interested are white.

We can all be better than this. 

I just seen this on my FB timeline and I think it's appropriate for this response to you Rez:

"I Fear I May Have Integrated My People Into a Burning House” – Martin Luther King Jr